District 31-4A

lawdog18

Athens 7, Kemp 0

Whitehouse 3, Mabank 1

Lindale 0, Chapel Hill 0 (Lindale wins shootout)

John Tyler, bye

Athens 9, Mabank 2

Lindale 1, Whitehouse 0

John Tyler 2, Chapel Hill 1

Kemp, bye

*Athens-21

John Tyler-18

Lindale-17

Whitehouse-15

Chapel Hill-7

Mabank-3

Kemp-0

*-clinched playoffs

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep toohot Lindale slipping away after losing 12 seniors last year. Tied Kilgore 1-1, tied Longview 2-2, Beat Jacksonville 1-0, beat Whitehouse 2-0, lost in Championship in Forney Tourney, beat Palestine 2-0,beat Marshall, Hallsville, Lost to JT 2-1 who is good, Athens beat us 2-1 with an awesome goalie, but yes looks like we are slipping away after winning 4 straight district championships!! Still can't let it go can ya!!

The thing is that's last year and past 3 years y'all won that you can't go back to the past this is a new year and new teams with a lot of great talent Lindale, John Tyler, Whitehouse and Athens have some good players but when it comes down to it if Athens come prepared to play they can be one of the best teams in ET no doubt about it. Just hope they are prepared for tomorrow night Lindale vs Athens should be a great game to watch if Athens comes ready to play.

The thing is that's last year and past 3 years y'all won that you can't go back to the past this is a new year and new teams with a lot of great talent Lindale, John Tyler, Whitehouse and Athens have some good players but when it comes down to it if Athens come prepared to play they can be one of the best teams in ET no doubt about it. Just hope they are prepared for tomorrow night Lindale vs Athens should be a great game to watch if Athens comes ready to play.

If Athens comes ready to play, I say 2-1. Athens in favor.

For those of you from Athens , after such a good game that was classless . I could not believe they way the players acted shooting the finger at everyone . Cussing at coach lawless . To top it off not shake the boys hands . Except for 18 and 8 . Thank you for playing a great game and showing class that is what I thought Athens should have been about

For those of you from Athens , after such a good game that was classless . I could not believe they way the players acted shooting the finger at everyone . Cussing at coach lawless . To top it off not shake the boys hands . Except for 18 and 8 . Thank you for playing a great game and showing class that is what I thought Athens should have been about

Wow. What did the Coach do from Athens?

Tried to control them but it was to late , if I was there coach they would be running there bits of and I would suspend them . I have never seen that before. Not just one player or a couple but 10 or 11

I agree. It was an exceptionally played game. But defeat usually brings out the real self. Some have class, even in defeat. Tonight we saw most Athens players dont. A couple years ago about 2/3 of the Athens varsity was suspended for most of the district.... I dont know if it was grades or not...I heard it was disciplinary in nature. Maybe this is just the character of Athens soccer. The UIL should step in and do something about this. IMO...

And toohot....so much for Lindale slipping away.

The uil should not step in because they did not break any uil rules. If the refs were there and saw it happen that is a different story. I do agree with you that something must be done. I know my kids would have lined up on the line right there and ran!!!! I understand that they are still "kids", but these are the opportunities that we get as coaches to teach them to respect the game and other people.

I dont agree with Athens behavior either but lets be honest those kids got robbed!! The refs were clearly in our side marking everything. Yes Im a Lindale fan but we have to speak the truth. Dont get me wrong, Lindale played a great match so did Athens it was close all the way. The penalty they marked in our favor was debatable, but anyways the goalie step it up and stopped it with 9 minutes left. They go to overtime and the game continues to be close. And our "goal" happens. HOW IN EARTH A GOAL GONNA BOUNCE IN BOTH POSTS AND BE A GOAL? Its simple physics if it would of being a goal the ball wouldn't of bounce from post to post and still go out. The side ref was a complete idiot marking nonexistent fouls to both sides. How I said before I dont agree with Athens behavior but lets understand it was a very intense game and those kids got robbed, they are just high school kids! and yes very classless.

Im happy we won but I wish it was in a different manner.

Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one.

E. B. White

I dont agree with Athens behavior either but lets be honest those kids got robbed!! The refs were clearly in our side marking everything. Yes Im a Lindale fan but we have to speak the truth. Dont get me wrong, Lindale played a great match so did Athens it was close all the way. The penalty they marked in our favor was debatable, but anyways the goalie step it up and stopped it with 9 minutes left. They go to overtime and the game continues to be close. And our "goal" happens. HOW IN EARTH A GOAL GONNA BOUNCE IN BOTH POSTS AND BE A GOAL? Its simple physics if it would of being a goal the ball wouldn't of bounce from post to post and still go out. The side ref was a complete idiot marking nonexistent fouls to both sides. How I said before I dont agree with Athens behavior but lets understand it was a very intense game and those kids got robbed, they are just high school kids! and yes very classless.

Im happy we won but I wish it was in a different manner.

Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one.

E. B. White

I don't think they got robbed , the net moved and I talked to one of the refs he said the ball was over the line. If u want to bring physics into it , the had English on it and when it hit inside of pole it spun the opposite direction .As for the play in the box the kid took him down in box without playing the ball. It happened to us 2 years ago in the playoffs that tied the game up against mt pleasant . Yes they are kids but that doesn't give them the right to act like a bunch of thugs.

Tried to control them but it was to late , if I was there coach they would be running there bits of and I would suspend them . I have never seen that before. Not just one player or a couple but 10 or 11

and I guess lindale and lawless did nothing. innocent as always. I doubt it. I cant believe athens just acted like thugs and all people associated with lindales team were angels. doesnt make sense to me.

and I guess lindale and lawless did nothing. innocent as always. I doubt it. I cant believe athens just acted like thugs and all people associated with lindales team were angels. doesnt make sense to me.

toohot...just stay out of it. You were not there so just shut up.

For everybody who keeps wanting to make something out of this....

The refs called the match for both teams. Every Tuesday and Friday night they go out and call the matches all over the state and do their best. I was standing not more than 20 feet from the takedown that lead to the PK. Athens player charged in and took Lindale player off his feet in the box. CLEARLY a foul. Goal scoring opportunity...questionable. Could have been a card if it was. I talked to the referee after the game and he is a well respected ref who has called for DECADES...he knows his game. Athens goalie made a great stop.

As far as the game winning goal goes...nobody was robbed. Its easy for the ball to bounce off of poles and cross the line completely. I seen it happen before. But regardless....the referee ruled it a goal so it is. End of story.

For any kid to treat a coach the way Lawless was treated is abhorrable. I do believe the UIL should be called in because they did break the rules. Laws of the Game do not allow for that type of behavior. Cussing is a card during the match and threatening a coach, referee and opponents players is technically assault. The entire team should be written up.

I dont care if its harsh but they wont act that way again if they are punished.

Too hot if you were there you would know the real story and not on here running your chops. But I guess nothing has changed once a cancer always a cancer . You are always on here dogging lawless. Get a life.

I agree with Taz. If you WERE at the game you would have seen the reality of what actually went down and would not have to GUESS about what happened. You also would not have to DOUBT what really happened. It also would make perfect sense because what has been described it the ENTIRE truth.

So now everybody knows your not only a cancer of a person but also a big fat liar as well.

And Toohot...I have never met Lawless. I know only a handful of people in Lindale only because I live a few miles outside of Hideaway Lake. I do not know one single coach from any school. But I watch all of them. Lawless does not make a habit chewing the ear off of the AR on his sideline. He may have a few choice comments or questions...all GOOD coaches do...but they speak their mind and let it go. He stood on the sideline coaching and respecting the game. The Athens coach on the other hand was in the ear of that poor girl AR the entire match...flailing his arms and screaming and making less than classy comments...feeding the negativity on for his side. Now tell me...which of those two examples do you think will have better control of his team? REAL coaches lead by example.

Lindale always runs their mouths when they play they aren't Angels they are stuck up little white boys. The coach was yelling at us as well even the fans were trying to get in it so really Athens was trying to stick up for ourselves after the goal that didn't cross the line cause I was standing right there the side ref wasn't even standing on the line he was standing on the 18 yrd box. But when and if we play again best believe Athens will win.

You dont have class. I speak spanish and I heard all the cussing and mouthing ya'll were doing. As I fan of soccer I like the way Athens plays hard and with passion...and you played a good match overall. But show some class on and off the pitch.

Athens does just as much trash talking thinking nobody understands them...does that make you stuck up little mexican boys? See...even your comment was classless. Why are you throwing race into it?

Plain and simple...Athens got out of line and didnt handle adversity well at all. That wont serve you well in the playoffs.

We play with class even when we lose but when they disrespect us yes we get mad just lime any other person would. We tried to put the differences aside at the end and line up but lawless said to get off his field and leave so really we were tryin to shake hands at the end but he didn't want to.

Like**

We play with class even when we lose but when they disrespect us yes we get mad just lime any other person would. We tried to put the differences aside at the end and line up but lawless said to get off his field and leave so really we were tryin to shake hands at the end but he didn't want to.

Like**

OK. Keep telling yourself that. Your not fooling me. Sé lo que el su realmente decir hacia fuera allí.

Like**

Once again lawless up to his old tricks. see newbie its not just me that knows how your buddy acts. these are kids and he is yelling at them and telling them to get off the field. you are right, the truth does come out!

Can we get this post back to being factual. I come here to check results from the district not to hear the opinions of others reguarding coaching. It isn't any ones business to comment on how a coach runs his team. Let's stick to facts and results.

Too hot keep your comments to yourself , no one cares .

To the Athens player the ball was in I just watched the film. You guys were out of line , why would the coach send the players across there to shake hands when you were already trying to fight them . 8 and 18 came over and shook there hands with class . No more excuses the game is over. Good luck the rest of the year , if you want to advance further then play the game hard like u did, but keep your mouths shut and you will advance , if not u will be out 1 st round.

Just like i said at the beginning of page 2 "Lindale and Athens is gonna be one heck of a game" .

Im guessing it was more of a disaster for Athens IMO, even though Athens lost and everything went crazy, Hornets should of showed they know how to lose and respect the game of soccer apparently Athens forgot that there still in first place (ofcourse tied with John Tyler)

But just want to remind Athens players it has been a while that Athens has had a Good soccer team and for yall to act this way at Lindale's house is horrible.

when playoffs come around if yall cant keep yalls composure its gonna be crazy for yall.

Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and go out on Tuesday and win or lose against JT, yall show class.

Which im hoping we come out victorious against JT.

Go Hornets!!!