District 31-4A

lawdog18

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they got robbed , the net moved and I talked to one of the refs he said the ball was over the line. If u want to bring physics into it , the had English on it and when it hit inside of pole it spun the opposite direction .As for the play in the box the kid took him down in box without playing the ball. It happened to us 2 years ago in the playoffs that tied the game up against mt pleasant . Yes they are kids but that doesn't give them the right to act like a bunch of thugs.

Saw the video it was a goal!! GET OVER IT!!!!!

Saw the video it was a goal!! GET OVER IT!!!!!

taz3, on 03 March 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:I don't think they got robbed , the net moved and I talked to one of the refs he said the ball was over the line. If u want to bring physics into it , the had English on it and when it hit inside of pole it spun the opposite direction .

Sounds like Taz is agreeing. Who needs to move on?

taz3, on 03 March 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:I don't think they got robbed , the net moved and I talked to one of the refs he said the ball was over the line. If u want to bring physics into it , the had English on it and when it hit inside of pole it spun the opposite direction .

Sounds like Taz is agreeing. Who needs to move on?

[/quote

It was a goal!

Just to change the subject.

Whitehouse had a playoff warmup friendly against Brenham on Mon. Whitehouse beat Brenham 2-0 with one starting forward sitting out. The game was not close. Now it is a friendly and I dont know if any or some Brenham starters sat out too. Why am I bringing this up? Whitehouse is a solid 3rd place team in district 31-4A. And the Brenham team I saw play Mon would not have beat JT, Lindale or Athens. Now get this, Brenham is 22-4-4 overall this year and 9-1-2 in district. I heard but could not confirm that they are ranked in top 10 in state.

My point...

I think this shows that the quality and talent of soccer in East Texas area is better than down in that part of Texas. And could be some of the best in TX. Of course DFW typically puts out some very good teams. Now I am not tooting WH horn here. But the overall area teams.I have seen play like Pine Tree, Palestine, Jville, Henderson, Pittsburgh IMO I think these are better teams than I saw Mon with Brenham. I havent seen Kilgore but from their rep the same goes for them. Please take all this with a grain of salt. Friendlies dont always show the best in teams. But that was the impression I got from game Mon. I think all the supporters of the teams in our area should be proud that we have top quality teams around here and really talented players. I would be surprised if one of the teams in our area doesnt go to final 4 like Kilgore did last year.

Palestine 1 Athens 0 in warm up game.

Good luck to the Hornets against Kilgore friday night.

I do believe Brenham is better then what they showed Monday night. Whitehouse looked real good and will give PT all they can handle Friday.