9-AA-D2 Football

Horns85

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EF will be fine,they still should be good, I wish Golden the best, but watch out for Woods.

You are correct, Wood's performed at a very high level last year, receiving many honors. He may be a little undersized but he makes up for that with his speed.

Agree and the move in from Marshall should help fill the hole a RB.

Don't really have a hole at running back, just had an injury at that position. Tanner Davis who is a sophmor made district second team, he will improve over the next couple of years. Help from Marshall is ok too, help spread the load some.

Don't really have a hole at running back, just had an injury at that position. Tanner Davis who is a sophmor made district second team, he will improve over the next couple of years. Help from Marshall is ok too, help spread the load some.

Steel,

I thought the RB from Marshall was a hoss. Is he not gonna be your starter?

Steel,

I thought the RB from Marshall was a hoss. Is he not gonna be your starter?

He could be, but he is going to have to earn it, won't be given to him. Lots of other issues-things can happen between now and football season also.

Ok if u say so.

Ok if u say so.

Pretty sure we will be ok at the running back position. We may not have a Joe Benefield ('07 all-state) but we got some boys that get the job done. We run a pretty balanced attack so the ball gets spread around alot. We have quiet a few play makers IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I, really don't understand all this madness going on in EF.I (here) different stuff every week.( parents) getting mad cause kids move in (kids) acting like they have no home training.' I really think (EF) knot going to have the season that we expected ! them to have.:(

There is no more madness going on in EF than anyplace else, just more people on smoaky blabing about it. This season will be what it will be, all our expectations will not change that. I feel EF will have a really good season.......chill out. Roll Jackets.

You keep thinking that steeljacket. they could have a great( season) if the parents stay out of it!!! and you know who I'm talking about.

If the parents stayed out of it, Elysian Fields would be the only place in Texas that they did...lol. Smoaky.com would'nt exist without all the parents.

I have seen plenty of football, and been in several areas of this great state! This is the only area were the posters talk this much junk and get so involved in athletics.

and trust me it does not make things better. This area is so loaded with talent, would be a gold mine if people would let coache's coach and kids play. Just cheer your team on friday and congratulate your kids when they do well.

Parents or no parents, this area already is a gold mine for talent. That said, having your best player transfer out isn't exactly common place. I'm not saying EF's in total chaos, but this stuff isn't a good sign. This time of year the only news should be how hard everybody's lifting weights.

Parents or no parents, this area already is a gold mine for talent. That said, having your best player transfer out isn't exactly common place. I'm not saying EF's in total chaos, but this stuff isn't a good sign. This time of year the only news should be how hard everybody's lifting weights.

That's what all need to b said this time of year.

Man if you guys dont think there is a problem then u need to get ur head outta ur ***. Over the last 6 months I have seen a D-1 4 star Rivals recruit leave, The AD's contract not renewed yet, suspension of players, parents mad because their "little Johny" might have some competition so on and so on. Does this program have the same problems as others? Probalby so but they sure seem to happen more often here. Like beastmode said the only thing we should be talking about this time of year is how well the track team is doing and how the speed will help in the fall when football rolls around. I hope things get back to normal soon because the talent is there and it would be a shame to waste it bacause of eggos. This is a team sport that revolves around 16,17 & 18 year old young men but involves parents, coaches and fans to keep it all together and sometimes I think we forget that.