tiger19

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hot off the press......from "my source"......UIL has finished the realignments and will be posted Monday or Tuesday.

If they aren't posted by then I am finding a different source.

If they don't come out by Tuesday I am just going to wait till someone calls me and tells me my fate.

Hot off the press......from "my source"......UIL has finished the realignments and will be posted Monday or Tuesday.

If they aren't posted by then I am finding a different source.

If they don't come out by Tuesday I am just going to wait till someone calls me and tells me my fate.

Ok so it's Monday, and we still do not know!!!! LOL Looking like Tuesday..

I was bored and decided to call UIL myself. Mr. Contreras was not there so they transfered me to somebody else, and I'm sorry I can't remember his name. I asked him when will the new soccer reallignments come out. Straight from his mouth he said, " You will probably see them in 2 weeks or maybe a few days sooner. We are waiting on some things to be verified still".

So back to waiting.....

not looking good.......I fired "my source".

Makes you wonder if there is some major changes........prolly the same thing as last year. LOL

I've got an idea, we could take a page from the UIL profit playbook...

Let's have5A and 4A soccer, but if there is no 3A, we could,

WAIT FOR IT...

Have Division 1 and 2 playoff brackets

Large schools go D1, smaller two schools go Div 2.

More playoff brackets and game$ = win-win!

Does anyone know how many 3A schools statewide play (will be playing) soccer? I count 25 (out of 82 total "4A" soccer schools) in Region 2, and I'm betting that's a relatively high number of 3A schools among the 4 regions. I just don't think there's enough 3A schools to form a competitive bracket that roughly coincides with 4A and 5A playoff timing (not without a ridiculous number of empty districts and playoff byes). Assuming 5A is left out of the equation, I'd rather see 4A split in two (call it 4A-I and 4A-II, if you like). I don't see designating big/small school playoff brackets after districts are formed as the answer. I think you'd still see cases where schools with 700+ enrollment have to face schools pushing the 2,000 threshold once playoffs started.

Anyway, I'm hoping that change is forthcoming. The delay in announcing the realignment is encouraging. The current alignment is completely out of competitive whack.

So we could mimic football, and Have about the same up here.
Paris
N.Lamar
Pittsburg
Pleasant Grove
Atlanta
Liberty Eylau

I would miss the THS rivalry during district, but I know we would make it up in pre-season/tourneys/warmups.
That pretty much cleans up the NE corner.

Who cares about byes in the playoffs. I was coaching girls 20 years ago in Killeen and we won district and had a bye till the regional semi-finals. Thats right we didn't play a game until regional tournament so they can make it work.

I can give you several examples in other sports when they have made it work.

Not letting 2A schools play up!! What a joke because in softball when they started they had 1A in the same district as 4A (slocum in Nacogdoches district). One of many examples I can show you in other sports how they have bent over backwards to expand.

Soccer is the step child and always will be the step child. Of course its alot better than it was 20 years ago......just slow progress.

Current Soccer Regions with new Alignment Numbers

Region I- 5A: 2 4A: 51 3A: 18 2A: 0

Region II- 5A: 5 4A: 53 3A: 22 2A: 2

Region III- 5A: 4 4A: 56 3A: 34 2A: 2

Region IV- 5A: 8 4A: 59 3A: 21 2A: 0

Statewide- 5A: 19 4A: 219 3A: 95 2A: 4

If you use the new 3A football regions you get

Region I- 17 soccer teams

Region II- 24 soccer teams

Region III- 31 soccer teams

Region IV- 23 soccer teams

The following groups are teams that I am aware of, there are probably more in other parts of the state

3A Teams not currently in districts

Irving North Hills, Longview Spring Hill, Van, College Station High, Splendora

3A Possible Start-Ups

Bellville, Caldwell

Below 3A's that have teams or have had team

Kemp, Commerce, Salado, Palacios, Mart, Sunnyvale, Tatum, Price Carlisle