New Alignments 2012-2014

tiger19

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what was the hold up with the release?? Are there any changes at all?

slight changes but in East Texas you had Van jump in with Tyler district and SH in with Longview area.

I find it interesting, though (if indeed this is the official release), that the dates are not 2012-2014, but merely 2012-2013. Might there be something to that?

I notice that also but if you look right below that is says the same thing for last year.

Also looking at these realignments they show both Commerce and Kemp in districts, both of which dropped to 2A, does this means 2a schools can be place in districts now?

Yes, 2A can play up now. They passed that just recently. I guess Eustace didn't want to play in a district again.

Yes, 2A can play up now. They passed that just recently. I guess Eustace didn't want to play in a district again.

The way it was presented 2 years ago was that 3A schools that dropped to 2A already in a district would be grandfathered in. I haven't read the new language of the rule but my guess is that the rule doesn't open soccer up to 2A schools across the board. Just those that had a program and dropped. The Eustace question is interesting because they were among a few schools that dropped before this took place that lost there program (district placement anyway). Under the new grandfather rule, I wonder if they were even allowed to come back since they weren't in UIL soccer the last 2 years. That would be terrible if that's why they aren't in. I hope it was a decision that came out of Eustace and not UIL.

The way it was presented 2 years ago was that 3A schools that dropped to 2A already in a district would be grandfathered in. I haven't read the new language of the rule but my guess is that the rule doesn't open soccer up to 2A schools across the board. Just those that had a program and dropped. The Eustace question is interesting because they were among a few schools that dropped before this took place that lost there program (district placement anyway). Under the new grandfather rule, I wonder if they were even allowed to come back since they weren't in UIL soccer the last 2 years. That would be terrible if that's why they aren't in. I hope it was a decision that came out of Eustace and not UIL.

I could be wrong about that and BUFF right but that's how PC presented it 2 years ago.

You are probably correct. When softball started they had 1A schools in the same district as 4A schools but when it comes to soccer NO WAY. If you were a 3A and dropped to 2A you can play but if you are a 2A (Tatum) you are screwed.

Maybe one day soccer will get a little respect.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm that Atlanta & Pittsburg have added a girls program? They show on the realignment.

New Revision out 4/20 shows the same info.

Would be nice to have more than 4 in district. Six games is hardly a soccer season.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps some hope for Class 3A equity in soccer coming out of this week's meeting of the UIL Standing Committee on Policy:

"Alton Frailey moved and Jerry Hunkapiller seconded the motion to monitor the current

divisions in soccer and look at 3A options without increasing travel budgets. Motion passed

unanimously."

Don't know what it means for the long-term, but at least it's being discussed.