Gilmer Non District Schedule?

BuckeyeBacker79

This is correct, Tatum dropped us, Andy don't wanna play anymore....! Paris and Bowman would be interesting!

I'm good either way.....its always a challenge when playing the Buckeyes no matter who you are...but being outnumbered by 2 or 3 hundred students puts us in a hole from the get go. I'd love to see Gilmer on the schedule, yet finding a new "bigger school" tune up game wouldn't break my heart either. I'd hate to see the Tatum/Gilmer game go though, its a good measuring stick for us heading into 2A in my eyes.

I do not have dates yet but in sequence:

Atlanta

Plano Prestonwood - In the first 10 years of Varsity-level competition:

6 National Championships in Competitive Cheerleading

3 State Championships in Volleyball

3 State Championships in Football

1 State Championship in Boy's Basketball

1 State Championship in Boy's Soccer

1 State Championship in Girl's Soccer

Jacksonville

Daingerfield

District Play

This should be an interesting season.

I'm good either way.....its always a challenge when playing the Buckeyes no matter who you are...but being outnumbered by 2 or 3 hundred students puts us in a hole from the get go. I'd love to see Gilmer on the schedule, yet finding a new "bigger school" tune up game wouldn't break my heart either. I'd hate to see the Tatum/Gilmer game go though, its a good measuring stick for us heading into 2A in my eyes.

630-450 is only 180 kids. we do have more, but not that much more. Gilmer is playing Henderson 250 more, CH 330 more, Kilgore 350 more, and Jacksonville 500 more kids. Ya'll will be bullying around schools with 100 less kids than ya'll all district season. Don't be afraid to play someone a little bigger.

630-450 is only 180 kids. we do have more, but not that much more. Gilmer is playing Henderson 250 more, CH 330 more, Kilgore 350 more, and Jacksonville 500 more kids. Ya'll will be bullying around schools with 100 less kids than ya'll all district season. Don't be afraid to play someone a little bigger.

Afraid? Last year we played all 3A schools in non-district, we've played Gilmer for over the last decade, a couple years ago we played 4A Hallsville, in no way have we ever been afraid to play someone bigger. If Andy is dropping Gilmer I'm sure he has good reasons. But being afraid to play bigger opponents is definitely not one of them.

Afraid? Last year we played all 3A schools in non-district, we've played Gilmer for over the last decade, a couple years ago we played 4A Hallsville, in no way have we ever been afraid to play someone bigger. If Andy is dropping Gilmer I'm sure he has good reasons. But being afraid to play bigger opponents is definitely not one of them.

+1

Lets not forget, Tatum beat Gilmer a couple of years ago.

Henderson is playing Prestonwood in Zero Week. Wonder why they're coming into ET and what these 3As are doing playing a private school.

Its because some east texas teams were having a hard time finding ball games. I know henderson could not find anyone who want to play. thankful for the 6 team 4a district or they would be playing everyone towards the dallas or waco area.

I do not have dates yet but in sequence:

Atlanta

Plano Prestonwood - In the first 10 years of Varsity-level competition:

6 National Championships in Competitive Cheerleading

3 State Championships in Volleyball

3 State Championships in Football

1 State Championship in Boy's Basketball

1 State Championship in Boy's Soccer

1 State Championship in Girl's Soccer

Jacksonville

Daingerfield

District Play

This should be an interesting season.

Cheerleading? Soccer? Private School State Champions? Thats some funny stuff Buck.

There is nothing wrong with Gilmer padding their record against a Private School.

Everybody needs 1 or 2 gimme's on their schedule, especially with the tough District

games that Gilmer will have.

• 5 months later...

Cheerleading? Soccer? Private School State Champions? Thats some funny stuff Buck.

There is nothing wrong with Gilmer padding their record against a Private School.

Everybody needs 1 or 2 gimme's on their schedule, especially with the tough District

games that Gilmer will have.

No doubt both Gilmer and Henderson have the skins on the wall to expect to beat anybody.

Just wanted to give you a little info on Prestonwood:

LB Mike Mitchell (2013)

6'4" 220, 4.4

Scout, Rivals and ESPN 4-Star

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/150492/mike-mitchell

Set national SPARQ record over the summer

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8137631/mike-mitchell-wins-sparq-rating-national-championship

Considering Ohio State, Florida State, Texas A&M and TCU and holds 51 scholarship offers

151 tackles and 11 sacks as a Junior DE/LB for Plano West

TE/DE Christian Morgan (2013)

6'4" 245

Scout 4-Star, Rivals and ESPN 3-Star

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/135091/christian-morgan

Committed to Florida State and holds in excess of 15 offers

DE Zach Missimo (2013)

6'4" 235

Receiving interest after a big summer, including heavy interest from Stanford and West Virginia

QB Mickey Mitchell (2015)

6'6" 210

#2 Rated Basketball Player in the country for the class of 2015 by ESPN

Has over 20 D1 Basketball offers, with 10 of those being Dual Sport Offers

A dual threat QB with great athleticism who was the backup varsity QB at Plano West as a freshman

Yes, the Mitchell's are brothers and the sons of a former NFL Linebacker. And there is another one that will be a freshman this season and could earn playing time.

It wouldn't shock me to see them 0-2 after the first two weeks, but they could win one or both of those matchups if they are connecting early in the season with their 4 and 5 wide up tempo offensive attack. Defensively it's all about Mike Mitchell, who may be the most talented Linebacker in the country.

No doubt both Gilmer and Henderson have the skins on the wall to expect to beat anybody.

Just wanted to give you a little info on Prestonwood:

LB Mike Mitchell (2013)

6'4" 220, 4.4

Scout, Rivals and ESPN 4-Star

http://espn.go.com/c...2/mike-mitchell

Set national SPARQ record over the summer

http://espn.go.com/c...al-championship

Considering Ohio State, Florida State, Texas A&M and TCU and holds 51 scholarship offers

151 tackles and 11 sacks as a Junior DE/LB for Plano West

TE/DE Christian Morgan (2013)

6'4" 245

Scout 4-Star, Rivals and ESPN 3-Star

http://espn.go.com/c...hristian-morgan

Committed to Florida State and holds in excess of 15 offers

DE Zach Missimo (2013)

6'4" 235

Receiving interest after a big summer, including heavy interest from Stanford and West Virginia

QB Mickey Mitchell (2015)

6'6" 210

#2 Rated Basketball Player in the country for the class of 2015 by ESPN

Has over 20 D1 Basketball offers, with 10 of those being Dual Sport Offers

A dual threat QB with great athleticism who was the backup varsity QB at Plano West as a freshman

Yes, the Mitchell's are brothers and the sons of a former NFL Linebacker. And there is another one that will be a freshman this season and could earn playing time.

It wouldn't shock me to see them 0-2 after the first two weeks, but they could win one or both of those matchups if they are connecting early in the season with their 4 and 5 wide up tempo offensive attack. Defensively it's all about Mike Mitchell, who may be the most talented Linebacker in the country.

bring it on ......gilmer wins :angry: :angry: :angry:

+1

Lets not forget, Tatum beat Gilmer a couple of years ago.

Oh my goodness..........

Is it really possible to beat the Buckears?

It must have been during the week of the famous Yamboree - when all of Gilmer was distracted judging home made pickles and milking goats.

Oh my goodness..........

It must have been during the week of the famous Yamboree - when all of Gilmer was distracted judging home made pickles and milking goats.

That's a good one I bout spit my sweet tea out all over the computer screen when I read it. Luckily Gilmer is off the week of Yamboree.

Oh my goodness..........

:lol: