Princeton 2-1-0

Commerce 0-3-0

Greenville 0-2-0

Paris North Lamar 0-2-0

Paris v. Paris North Lamar (PAR 4-0)

Sulphur Springs v. Greenville (SS 4-1)

Princeton v. Commerce (PRI 3-0)

Paris v. Greenville (PAR 3-0)

Paris North Lamar v. Princeton (PRI 3-2)

Sulphur Springs v. Commerce (SS 9-0)

Paris v. Commerce (PAR 6-0)

Paris North Lamar v. Greenville

Princeton v. Sulphur Springs (SS 1-0)

Paris v. Sulphur Springs (PAR 2-1)

Paris North Lamar v. Commerce

Greenville v. Princeton

Paris v. Princeton

Paris North Lamar v. Sulphur Springs

Greenville v. Commerce

Paris beat Princeton and North Lamar each by 3-1 scores last week and still leads the district at 6-0. Cats are now 16-1-3 for the season.

Sulphur Springs still in second after 7-1 win over North Lamar and shootout win over Greenville. Paris travels to Sulphur Springs on March 20 with good chance to wrap up the school's first boys district soccer title.

On the girls' side, Greenville still unbeaten with North Lamar 2nd, Sulphur Springs 3rd, and Paris 4th.

Paris beat Princeton and North Lamar each by 3-1 scores last week and still leads the district at 6-0. Cats are now 16-1-3 for the season.

Sulphur Springs still in second after 7-1 win over North Lamar and shootout win over Greenville. Paris travels to Sulphur Springs on March 20 with good chance to wrap up the school's first boys district soccer title.

On the girls' side, Greenville still unbeaten with North Lamar 2nd, Sulphur Springs 3rd, and Paris 4th.

So, what are the points and standings for 19?

Sometimes hard to find some of the scores, but I believe the points are this (correct me if I'm wrong):

• Boys: Paris 21, Sulphur Springs 17, Princeton 13, Greenville 9, North Lamar 2, Commerce 1
  • Girls: Greenville 18, North Lamar 15, SSHS 6, Paris 3, Princeton 0

Still 3 matches left. In boys standings, Paris-SSHS should finish 1-2. I look for Greenville to overtake Princeton for 3rd. This district went 0-8 with 1 goal scored vs. District 20 last year. Ouch! Paris boys and Greenville girls could possibly break through bi-district this year; otherwise, another quick playoff exit awaits.

• 3 weeks later...

It's over. Tonight's game stopped by lightning. Officially a 0-0 tie. Paris wins the district title, SSHS is 2nd, Greenville 3rd, and Princeton 4th. On the girls' side, it's Greenville, North Lamar, Sulphur Springs 1-2-3. Paris hosts Princeton Friday with 1-point lead in points for final playoff spot.

If that game didn't get into the second half, it is considered a non-contest and needs to be replayed. I would look into the UIL rules on that one.

I don't know the legalities, but I noticed they let the remaining 6:16 tick off the clock. I assume to make it official. At least, I've seen that happen before in similar end of season situations. With playoffs next week, I don't think either team wanted a replay. Both seemed satisfied to call it a draw, and it had no effect on the rest of the district standings.

• 2 weeks later...

Paris boys finally break through the District 20 barrier in bi-district. They beat Richardson Pearce in a shootout 2-0. Overall, much better showing this year for District 19. Last year District 19 was a combined (boys and girls) 0-8 vs. District 20 with a 1-49 goal differential. This time it's 1-7 and 4-28 with two other teams (Sulphur Springs and Princeton) taking their opponents to overtime.

Paris wins despite losing their leading scorer in a practice shootaround 2 days before bi-district with a knee blowout. Then, their most dangerous striker is red-carded just before halftime for a collision with the goalie and Paris plays down a man the rest of the way. Paris is now 21-1-4 this season and 59-12-5 over the past three years since Jeremy Beshirs took over the program. Cats play Little Elm (which upset Frisco) in area. No date and site has been announced yet. Expect this one to go to a shootout, too. Little Elm is low scoring, and Paris will be in defensive mode with its two top offensive threats on the sideline.

Paris boys finally break through the District 20 barrier in bi-district. They beat Richardson Pearce in a shootout 2-0. Overall, much better showing this year for District 19. Last year District 19 was a combined (boys and girls) 0-8 vs. District 20 with a 1-49 goal differential. This time it's 1-7 and 4-28 with two other teams (Sulphur Springs and Princeton) taking their opponents to overtime.

Paris wins despite losing their leading scorer in a practice shootaround 2 days before bi-district with a knee blowout. Then, their most dangerous striker is red-carded just before halftime for a collision with the goalie and Paris plays down a man the rest of the way. Paris is now 21-1-4 this season and 59-12-5 over the past three years since Jeremy Beshirs took over the program. Cats play Little Elm (which upset Frisco) in area. No date and site has been announced yet. Expect this one to go to a shootout, too. Little Elm is low scoring, and Paris will be in defensive mode with its two top offensive threats on the sideline.

Any result?

Or did they play yet?

The Paris-Little Elm area round match was postponed due to the storms that blew through Dallas yesterday. They probably could have played it, but it would have been a very dicey proposition to put a busload of kids on the road during the bad weather. Anyway, it's been rescheduled for tonight, 7 pm, at McKinney Ron Poe Stadium. I'll be there and post updates.

Paris will be without its leading scorer (knee injury) and most dangerous striker (red card), but Little Elm is not a high-scoring team so I expect if someone doesn't slip up, it'll be a shootout.