District 21-2A Softball Scores and Updates

slapphappy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't much of a showdown in Troup. If you are gonna beat Troup you need a team not one or two girls who have carried you through the first round. It was clear that Sabine only has one maybe 2 players. If I had to put a title on tonights game it wouldn't have been "Showdown" it would have been "Shutdown". Just a heads up Troups infield consists of 1 junior 2 Sophmores and 3 Freshman. Get use to seeing Troup at the top of the District. This very young team is only gonna get better.

With one pitcher and limited experience it's amazing Troup went undefeated... But don't get the big head season is still full of many surprises from the district

The core of this team has been playing for a long time and has plenty of experience. There is more pitching. And the backup pitchers are good enough to beat just about anyone in this district. No big heads here, just excited about this young team.

1332561720[/url]' post='1699576']

Wasn't much of a showdown in Troup. If you are gonna beat Troup you need a team not one or two girls who have carried you through the first round. It was clear that Sabine only has one maybe 2 players. If I had to put a title on tonights game it wouldn't have been "Showdown" it would have been "Shutdown". Just a heads up Troups infield consists of 1 junior 2 Sophmores and 3 Freshman. Get use to seeing Troup at the top of the District. This very young team is only gonna get better.

From what I've seen Troup isn't any better than last year. And if you remember they lost first round of the playoffs. So did Sabine. This is a weak district, but both teams are playing well for having such young athletes.