Not so Scrubby lil Baylor anymore Jim Rome

BigRedBear

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/27/sports/ncaabasketball/baylor-has-built-a-texas-size-athletic-program.html

We all remember Jim Romes moronic rant about Baylor sports. Some more than others b/c we were butt hurt over it. I've always disliked Rome's show and the "scrubby lil baylor" rant just put my dislike at a new level. It seems Rome can eat his words saying baylor belongs in the WAC and C-USA. O how things can change in a year.......

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nytimes.c...ic-program.html

We all remember Jim Romes moronic rant about Baylor sports. Some more than others b/c we were butt hurt over it. I've always disliked Rome's show and the "scrubby lil baylor" rant just put my dislike at a new level. It seems Rome can eat his words saying baylor belongs in the WAC and C-USA. O how things can change in a year.......

That last part is about the only thing in that entire comment that an argument can be made for.

Not to rub all the Baylor fans the wrong way here (although I know this upcoming statement will), but let's not act like just because a program has ONE good year that it replaces all the years before it.

Baylor went 10-3 this season. Great, that is a great season. And they won a bowl game. But they were 7-6 the year before, 4-8 the two years before that, and so on. Heck, the last time they were ranked before this year was 1986. The last time they made a bowl game before last season was 1994. There's only two teams they don't have losing records to in the Big 12, Iowa State and TCU...and they're tied in both!

But like I said, you are right about the difference a year makes. I mean, after losing the players that gave them their one great season, they should return back to Baylor football this season.

That last part is about the only thing in that entire comment that an argument can be made for.

Not to rub all the Baylor fans the wrong way here (although I know this upcoming statement will), but let's not act like just because a program has ONE good year that it replaces all the years before it.

Baylor went 10-3 this season. Great, that is a great season. And they won a bowl game. But they were 7-6 the year before, 4-8 the two years before that, and so on. Heck, the last time they were ranked before this year was 1986. The last time they made a bowl game before last season was 1994. There's only two teams they don't have losing records to in the Big 12, Iowa State and TCU...and they're tied in both!

But like I said, you are right about the difference a year makes. I mean, after losing the players that gave them their one great season, they should return back to Baylor football this season.

4-8,7-6,10-3... looks like a good upswing to me..plus a couple good recruiting years..I believe Briles is gonna keep winning and keep them bears contenders!!

But as the saying goes.."What have ya done for me lately?"

People said the same about Kansas after their one great season too. What's happened to them since?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing what Baylor did in football this year. I wish they would have made a BCS game and believe they certainly deserved it more than Clemson and VT did.

But I also think it's getting old how much the Baylor fans take it beyond their excitement to a level where they act like they've been here for years. Definitely be excited about the great season...just stop acting like you've joined the elite status (not you specifically, Baylor fans in general).

4-8,7-6,10-3... looks like a good upswing to me..plus a couple good recruiting years..I believe Briles is gonna keep winning and keep them bears contenders!!

Well hell, 4-12 is better than 0-16 but it still isn't anything to brag about!

And I think you would have a very hard time finding anyone that would agree they will be just as good this season with the players they lost!....Which is my point.

People said the same about Kansas after their one great season too. What's happened to them since?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing what Baylor did in football this year. I wish they would have made a BCS game and believe they certainly deserved it more than Clemson and VT did.

But I also think it's getting old how much the Baylor fans take it beyond their excitement to a level where they act like they've been here for years. Definitely be excited about the great season...just stop acting like you've joined the elite status (not you specifically, Baylor fans in general).

I understand that. Kansas also didn't have as big of a poster child as RG3. I understand what you're saying. I'm soaking it all in while it's here and praying it isn't just a flash in the pan. By no means do I think we have made it or have arrived. Mainly I just want to call Jim Rome and tell him he's an idiot, but I save that for twitter and tweet him daily. I do however think this is going to be the start of something good at Baylor. Over the past few years we have shown an ability to replace talent and to churn out four 1st rd draft picks in 4 years. If you can't recruit talent with a heisman, top 2 draft pick, NCAA cover boy and all the other accolades RG3 has then you're in the wrong business. With all this hype Art Briles should be in prime position to add to Baylor Football.

I understand that. Kansas also didn't have as big of a poster child as RG3. I understand what you're saying. I'm soaking it all in while it's here and praying it isn't just a flash in the pan. By no means do I think we have made it or have arrived. Mainly I just want to call Jim Rome and tell him he's an idiot, but I save that for twitter and tweet him daily. I do however think this is going to be the start of something good at Baylor. Over the past few years we have shown an ability to replace talent and to churn out four 1st rd draft picks in 4 years. If you can't recruit talent with a heisman, top 2 draft pick, NCAA cover boy and all the other accolades RG3 has then you're in the wrong business. With all this hype Art Briles should be in prime position to add to Baylor Football.

Great Post! This is the kind of attitude that should be reflected.

+1.

Kansas had 1 remarkable season too (but they actually won a BCS game)....but they're still a scrub when it comes to football.

....Oh, and Kansas has a winning record against Baylor!

But KU never beat UT let alone back to back. And while the guy who replaces RGIII is no RGIII eveyother BIG ? school besides Okie and K-State would feel real good about him being thier number 1 going into the next season.

But KU never beat UT let alone back to back. And while the guy who replaces RGIII is no RGIII eveyother BIG ? school besides Okie and K-State would feel real good about him being thier number 1 going into the next season.

KU didn't get to play against Gilbert or Ash either.

Lets see where Baylor is in a few more seasons.

KU wasn't Baylor in the fact that they were not located in a state where football is a religion. I am not saying they will do more next season than this year because Baylor is losing 4 NFL players on off.which two will be first round picks but I think briles has it headed in the right direction.

Come on man, what do you expect? Baylor fans haven't felt this much victory since what '91 when they won 8 games? Other then that year you got to go back to the 80s. Congrats Baylor you finally had a good season, but without RG3 y'all are nothing. Example: Year 2009 when he got hurt.

So now he is gone, with Kendall Wright to the NFL....

tumblr_lzf5nkIYaE1qfp2uoo1_500.jpg

Come on man, what do you expect? Baylor fans haven't felt this much victory since what '91 when they won 8 games? Other then that year you got to go back to the 80s. Congrats Baylor you finally had a good season, but without RG3 y'all are nothing. Example: Year 2009 when he got hurt.

So now he is gone, with Kendall Wright to the NFL....

tumblr_lzf5nkIYaE1qfp2uoo1_500.jpg

LOL

And what's worse is that even in their best season, A&M put a humiliating beatdown on them and hung half a hundred on them... And even in their best season, no conference title. Still 0 Big XII Titles in football. Still 0 national titles. Still Baylor.

Did you guys see the cover of NCAA 13? 02242012-NCAA13-RG3-Marquee_972.jpg?cb=1330357205

What I see is a half-empty Kyle Field North. They couldn't even use a shot of the stadium when it was actually full? Now THAT'S Baylor Bold LOL! Surely they could have found such a game, right? Obviously it's going to be easy to recruit players to play in that laughable stadium which is never even half-full unless A&M fills 75% of the crowd to watch yet another beatdown in our home away from home.

But hey, at least they did Baylor fans a favor and made the fans black and white so the fact that they were fans of the other team is hidden. Why couldn't they at LEAST use a tarp to cover some of those seats?

When Kansas of all people puts as many in your stadium as you do in your second-best year in recent memory, I don't even know what to tell you.

c6162M3OS4WliF9DooCh.png

I'm finding it funny that the "Battle of the Brazos" has turned into this. I suppose this is the way it should be, since all A&M and Baylor can speak of are Women's National Basketball Championships. A&M still has them beat on those, with Baylors only other National Championship being in Golf.