best soccer player in east Texas right now.

champion

Ive seen better dont get me wrong his good but i would say his the best at his forward position. But not the best

I'd say the best player is the one coaches just can't take out of the game. You can't tell me it's a defender, no defender has shut him down. Forward? I don't know that anyone has been as productive as him. Midfielder? Yeah... I haven't seen or heard of anyone.

If you want another stud, look at Kilgore's keeper. Without a doubt, those are two of the top soccer players in the region, maybe even state

I'd say the best player is the one coaches just can't take out of the game. You can't tell me it's a defender, no defender has shut him down. Forward? I don't know that anyone has been as productive as him. Midfielder? Yeah... I haven't seen or heard of anyone.

If you want another stud, look at Kilgore's keeper. Without a doubt, those are two of the top soccer players in the region, maybe even state

I'd say kilgores overall defense is one of the best. Their keeper is definently their stud though. Kilgores defenders play the whole game, with the exception of injuries, and even then they're begging to go back in.

Productive he is he scores alot. But someone tht scores an assit on goal should be the best player. I have players in mind but ill tell you later as i see how they progress. An i hope he comes back like he use to.

I think that's what makes him the best. Guys might get credited with an assist, but he makes a lot of plays.

I agree. You have to have a finisher. A bunch of guys would have a lot of assists on teams everywhere but their team doesn't have a natural finisher...someone with skills to put the ball in the net...while in traffic playing against great defenses. A great keeper is a plus. But defense just keeps you in the game. If you cant score you tie...you have to score to win. A striker who scores consistently due to his talent, that produces wins....thats an MVP.

Examples....take Mario Gomez off of Bayern Munich, Lionel Messi off of Barca, and Christian Ronaldo off of Real Madrid and what do you have....good team without a star striker...they become middle of the pack teams instead of up top. IMHO.

If a striker scores 3 but the defense gives up 4 then a lot of those accomplishments go unnoticed. But I understand strikers will always be the "sexy" pick. As far as kilgore and Jose go wouldn't you think its good to be winning without him? When he DOES come back the team will just be that much better.

I agree Tiger!!! There are several great players and its tough to put one over the other in my mind. I have a defender that is playing lights out and I would love to see him play against some of these great players. The kid can play anywhere but he is a team player and knows I need him in the back.....don't have a lot of depth at this little 3A school....lol

So you say no Longview kid or part of team is better than Kilgore? What about Langley.

Isreal Madrid has 25 goals this yr on top of 12 in district.

Langley and Madrid played against Kilgore and Madrid kind of vanished, Langley didnt do anything productive against Kilgore, therefore making Kilgore better, correct?

Langley and Madrid played against Kilgore and Madrid kind of vanished, Langley didnt do anything productive against Kilgore, therefore making Kilgore better, correct?

Madrid is great, but I still give just raw finishing to Baron. You can't really compare two forwards in a head-to-head game as they never, or rarely, compete against each other. As for Langley, he didn't do anything against Kilgore. The only real threat PT ever had was from their short forward, don't recall his name/number.

I agree Tiger!!! There are several great players and its tough to put one over the other in my mind. I have a defender that is playing lights out and I would love to see him play against some of these great players. The kid can play anywhere but he is a team player and knows I need him in the back.....don't have a lot of depth at this little 3A school....lol

I'm not saying the guy from Kilgore is the best, it's impossible for us to truly know. The purpose of a forum is to give our opinions and try to back it up. Am I wrong? I'm sure there are tons of talented players in east Texas, but the one I'm most familiar with and has done the most for his team and the program as a whole would be Baron.

The purpose of a forum is to give our opinions and try to back it up. Am I wrong?

No you aren't wrong and I believe that is all I was doing.

For the Barron kid I have no clue. Never seen him play. I believe he was MVP of East Texas and probably deserves everything he gets (It does help though if your team goes to state). We had kids get all kinds of recognition when we went to state.

To hear people talk about Barron, Langley and Madrid they must all be real good players and I would love to have them on my team.