best soccer player in east Texas right now.

champion

If a striker scores 3 but the defense gives up 4 then a lot of those accomplishments go unnoticed. But I understand strikers will always be the "sexy" pick.

Sexy has nothing to do with it. Play lights out offense and your defense gives up goals you still have a chance. Play lights out defense and cant score...the other team gets a fluke goal...you dont win.

USA 1 - Italy 0

Italy has arguably the best defense in the world if you ask or listen to any of the world soccer experts. Still lost because they dont have a knockout striker. Bottom line is you need both...but a good striker or two is what seperates the top from the middle.

Play lights out offense and your defense gives up goals you still have a chance. Play lights out defense and cant score...the other team gets a fluke goal...you dont win.

That old axiom, Offens wins games and Defense wins championships is for Football.

Futbol is a different animal. You can have all the defense you want, without someone who can finish, your in the middle of the pack.

Ties and shootouts are on the menu.

It may or may not be sexy, but the one goal he scores is all your brick wall defense needs to compliment the set.

Gotta have a finisher.

Google them idiot both have played with longhorns soccer club in Dallas for the past five years. Jr was invited to join Fc Dallas 2 yrs ago but declined. He has 4 current scholorahip offers.Don't hate on the kids for being mexican

Google them idiot both have played with longhorns soccer club in Dallas for the past five years. Jr was invited to join Fc Dallas 2 yrs ago but declined. He has 4 current scholorahip offers.Don't hate on the kids for being mexican

No one "hated". CHILL.

Especially on the idiot part. If you Didn't read the terms of service, maybe you should before you end up on a time out.

Cristian was good when I saw him last year. Deserving of mention for his age.

Calrify on your Invite quote, FC Dallas is the Pro Team,

The Club team is probably what you meant.

Wallin is a exceptional player, one of the best in the area. Robey and Cude are solid high school players. There are several players on the girls side that are either signed or committed to play college soccer. Strother from Whitehouse with North Texas, Adams from Longview with Arkansas State, Grisham from Longview with North Texas, Boudreau from Longview committed to Memphis, Vanmeter with Longview with Tyler JC and Downin with Longview with Hartwick College in New York. Blakeley with Hallsville should get some looks. Tyler Lee has Jamison playing college in Utah, Harrison and sophomore Johnson should be highly recruited. I may have left a few off, but these listed players can flat out play. Just my 2 cents

I have played with Hispanics all my life so get real. So every kid that plays for longhorns is a PREMIER PLAYER OF TEXAS? Not questioning that they are good but premier players in Texas is a stretch

Why would it be a stretch being from TX? Clint Dempsey and Gringo Torres say otherwise.

• 1 month later...

Israel Madrid had 14 goals in 6 district games before pulling his hamstring missing the last 4 games of distric and I believe that he would have had at least 17 or 18 goals just in district but I actually believe that junior is a overall better player than his brother cristian. I have mad respect for those guys out of Henderson.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A team of East Texas All Stars will face the Monterrey Rayados (Sub 20), with all proceeds from the event benefiting the Hispanic Business Alliance.There was no open tryout for the East Texas team this year, as a group of 75 players was cut to 22. Another 6 to 8 players will be cut before the game. Players and coaches want a much better effort from East Texas, after a disappointing showing in 2011. "I heard it was pretty bad," said East Texas coach Jesus Ledesma. "But this year we're trying to make it better. I think if we get prepared, we can challenge this team."The team is putting in more practice time. They believe better preparation will make a big difference.

WHy does it have to be Hispanic Bussiness Man, I thought since we now have an African American president and hispanics make up the majority, we were through dividing America by talking about Race? I am a hispanic American who is getting tired of all the division created by these type of programs.