Naughty Saints

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1. The point is to knock each others heads off isn't it?

I thought that only the giAnts did this. Oh, the Saints and Redskins did it too ??? I don't see the big whoop in this. It's football, if they have an in-house reward program for great hits, and hits that take out opposing players, I don't see anything wrong with it. If the Saints handed out bonus checks for these types of hits, then I see a potential problem with the salary cap. Knocking someone into next week is what any defensive player wants to do, besides much of the Dallas Secondary since the days of Darren Woodson. I know Roy Williams could knock the socks off someone, but after he started slowing down he all he could do was horse collar, which brought about a "new" rule on that.

IMO it is not just foobtall to offer bounty for hits that causes someone to be carted off..that is dirty football..You can hit hard and still hit legally, trying to take out a knee for money is not the kind of football I want to watch

I totally agree. I love to see lineman with a nasty streak but those that do it legally. I have never liked dirty players nor do I like coaches that teach or promote dirty play.

Anyone watch how bad Gregg Williams defense was this year? He may have had the rewards there, but he didn't teach them how to earn them....

I'm assuming this is more in reference to moves like Jabari Greer repeatedly trying to twist Adrian Peterson's ankle after plays are over and other such antics, rather than their lack of tackling or "blowing up" other players with legal contact.

Jonathan Vilma is also implicated, but I'm unsure of what he's done specifically. The Greer/Peterson tiff is a bit more widely known.

It bothers me when it stops being aggressive hard play and turns into dirty play. I accused the Saints of irty play the year they won the Super Bowl especially the dirty, cheap way they went after Favre. It was obvious intentional and cheap and I said so on here only to have all but one person disagree with me. There hearted for Favre made must have blinded them from the obvious. They were not only trying to get him out of the game but to end his career. If it had been my QB, I would have retaliated!!!! That is why there is no place for this in the game. Where I'm from everyone is a Saints fan and I told them it was dirty and they did not agree either, not because of haters of Favre but for the love of the Saints. They were blinded by loyalty. Still blindness is blindness and ignorance is ignorance.

The league should come down as hard as possible on the Saints. They should make them ineligible for the playoffs, take a couple of draft picks away and look seriously at throwing the players involved out of the league.

A forfeit of a 1st round pick like the Patriots suffered for filming signals would be fitting. I like the Saints but this is not acceptable. I would hope any team found to be using this practice is punished severely.

+1. The point is to knock each others heads off isn't it?

Of COURSE you don't have a problem with this.......with the other post we went at it, but my point is that TRYING to personally end a game for a player and maybe their career just doesn't settle with me. They are in a players assoc. that look out for each other mainly after they retire and to TRY to hurt them not just to put a great hit on them has no place in football in todays world. IMO! The guy that hit A.D. and took out his knee was aiming for his knee from the side. I bet he feels bad about it now. I know that is football, but with aiming to do it is totally something eles in my book.

Where in BayouBengal in all this..........?

Of COURSE you don't have a problem with this.......with the other post we went at it, but my point is that TRYING to personally end a game for a player and maybe their career just doesn't settle with me. They are in a players assoc. that look out for each other mainly after they retire and to TRY to hurt them not just to put a great hit on them has no place in football in todays world. IMO! The guy that hit A.D. and took out his knee was aiming for his knee from the side. I bet he feels bad about it now. I know that is football, but with aiming to do it is totally something eles in my book.

As I ride around Atlanta, GA, I listen to ESPN Radio and some local sports talk radio stations... I have heard a total of 11 ex-GMs and Coaches say that this happens everywhere where Defensive guys get rewarded for big hits etc. Where Gregg Williams and the Saints organization that I love went wrong is that they werent rewarding for "legal" big hits, they were rewarding for any big hit that could take a player out of a game or even end their career.

ESPN keeps bringing up a game against Green Bay in which Brett Favre got pummelled by the Saints D their SB year... all but one of those hits that game were legal.. I think ESPN gets off on Brett Favre talk.

I like what Kurt Warner said : “I think that’s part of the game, and I think that’s part of the mindset,” Warner said. “And I’m not going to tell you that I haven’t believed that there was probably defensive players that got together and said, ‘Hey, you know, a thousand bucks for the first guy to knock Kurt out of a football game.’ I’m sure that’s been a part of our league for a long time.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-02/warner-not-at-all-surprised-by-saints-bounty-system?icid=maing-grid7%7Caim%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D140339#ixzz1o6YoeuYJ

If anyone should be complaining, it would be him.

I like what Kurt Warner said : "I think that's part of the game, and I think that's part of the mindset," Warner said. "And I'm not going to tell you that I haven't believed that there was probably defensive players that got together and said, 'Hey, you know, a thousand bucks for the first guy to knock Kurt out of a football game.' I'm sure that's been a part of our league for a long time."

Read more: http://aol.sportingn...9#ixzz1o6YoeuYJ

If anyone should be complaining, it would be him.

yeah... he got lit up, 20 yards away from the play in that playoff game.

Now even ex-Bills players are saying he had a bounty program there. I think it's going to come down on Greg Williams not the Saints, Redskins, or Bills. I wonder how long he will be in St. Louis, sounds like the Saints got the better end of the deal with him going to St. Louis. His past with Jeff Fisher makes you wonder if he had one too. I think it's prevalent in the league, you just don't hear about it unless someone wants to make some noise.

If a player has concussions all the time than him being a target is common sense since it gives your team an advantage. I don't have a problem with hard hits at all. I don't agree with late hits or hits in the knees. Now them hits are cheap and dirty shots. I would never agree with hits like tht.

This is totally different than the Giants trying to take a gauy out as to these guys paid money to knock a player out even if by dirty means.

If a player has concussions all the time than him being a target is common sense since it gives your team an advantage. I don't have a problem with hard hits at all. I don't agree with late hits or hits in the knees. Now them hits are cheap and dirty shots. I would never agree with hits like tht.

This is totally different than the Giants trying to take a gauy out as to these guys paid money to knock a player out even if by dirty means.

I know how you feel- I was just jabbing at you again....

BB must be in lost for words though..............

As I ride around Atlanta, GA, I listen to ESPN Radio and some local sports talk radio stations... I have heard a total of 11 ex-GMs and Coaches say that this happens everywhere where Defensive guys get rewarded for big hits etc. Where Gregg Williams and the Saints organization that I love went wrong is that they werent rewarding for "legal" big hits, they were rewarding for any big hit that could take a player out of a game or even end their career.

ESPN keeps bringing up a game against Green Bay in which Brett Favre got pummelled by the Saints D their SB year... all but one of those hits that game were legal.. I think ESPN gets off on Brett Favre talk.

Vikings

Biggest problam was the Saints were told by the NFL back in 2010 to stop these actions and the Saints owner, Tom Bensen told the GM to ensire these action stopped. The GM and the rest of the coaching staff including the Head Coach ignored the League and their employer. Sounds like they should be fired!

I have no issue with the "bounty" I just hate that the morons got caught. Keeping documentation... And we all know what a safety enforcer Goodell is. They'll be plating flag football before he's done. I miss ppl getting blasted, that's why I love football, I miss the NFL segment "Jacked Up"

I'm still trying to decide in my head what's worse? The Bellicheat Scandal or this scandal with the Saints.

HOW can you be on the fence of this if YOU said there was nothing wrong with what the giants said they were trying to do to the 49er player. INTENT to give him another concussion and DELIBERATELY TAKING OUT A PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You took up for the giants and said they did no wrong- the thing is you know it is all wrong and what the Saints and giants admitted to doing sould come to a hault. You can now admit to you giants for wrong doing also and still be proud of calling them superbowl champs!

I have no issue with the "bounty" I just hate that the morons got caught. Keeping documentation... And we all know what a safety enforcer Goodell is. They'll be plating flag football before he's done. I miss ppl getting blasted, that's why I love football, I miss the NFL segment "Jacked Up"

The problem of the "bounty" is that they tired to put them on a cart!!!!!!!!! Many times players do not come back the same way after being carted off if they even come back! This is all most of the guys can do.....That is why many don't do well after football with money. Trying to hurt anyone ON PURPOSE is wrong!!! How about if you are making 2 million a year, you are in a contract year and are expecting to be paid over the years and they put you out of the game not on a great hit, but a bounty. Don't start saying oh we are not saying they don't say anything ending someones career. Putting someone on a cart to where they can't walk on their own is serious.

Can't say we want him out of this game but we hope he has a speedy recovery and wish him well in the future!!!!!!!!!

You can still knock the #$% out of someone and it be clean................. Here are points to consider:

• There will always be injuries in football. But the intent of a football player never should be to injure; the intent should be to hit hard, legally. American law places considerable emphasis on intent. Intending to harm your opponent changes football from something manly and sportsmanlike into something brutish and disgusting.

-ESPN

• Monday on ESPN, Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young said rewarding illegal play "goes to the integrity of the game." Referring to the NFL safety crackdown that began in 2009, Young said, "under their noses, the Super Bowl champion had an institutionalized program to go hurt players." Young, who holds a law degree from BYU, supposed, "If I'm hurt against the Saints in the last couple of years, I'm suing the Saints."