Naughty Saints

"I don't think Coach Payton had anything or didn't know anything about that. Coach Payton didn't have any idea what we were doing," Sharper said

.safety Darren Sharper now says this when the owner and alot of people have ALREADY said the Head Coach knew it was going on. they better get together and know what to say and not keep hurting their case.............

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find most perplexing about this whole scenario is that this wasn't so much cheating but about ethics.

I personally will never have any issue with Bill Belichick on Spy gate because coaches try to decipher opponent' signals from the ranks high school, college and pro. Belichick went too far on how he was getting those signals.

The bounty program is by far more damaging, disgraceful, distastful and certainly ethically wrong for not only was that bad for the NFL and the players but there was premeditation going on. If this was any circumstance outside of sports, people would be charged for crimes such as assault and etc.

I normally am disappointed about how Roger Goodell runs the league but, I would like to see him give Gregg Williams a lifetime ban for the NFL.

I think many of these posters are avid soccer fans. Go enjoy your red cards, and leave the NFL alone, please.

ENDING ones career is more than putting a great hit on someone. That is the way the NFL is now, so get over it or just turn your tv to COPS or DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES with all those cheap shots

I think many of these posters are avid soccer fans. Go enjoy your red cards, and leave the NFL alone, please.

"We take this issue seriously and we continue to look into it," union spokesman George Atallah said.

"I would expect this to be pretty severe and harsh because of the direction the commissioner has taken in making player safety if not his top initiative, then one of them," Lynch said. "If this is true, as blatant as this is, and to have a coach out there saying, 'You knock this guy out of the game. Get him taken off on a cart. Here is the monetary reward,' you need a severe and harsh punishment."

Looks like the red cards are coming to the NFL bud...............That one statement came from the hardest hitting saftey in the last 15 years!!!!!!! This is a serious thing and you making it like it is no big thing. I PROMISE you if somebody was purposely trying to hurt you (get you fired for good from your job) so you have to quit and do something eles you are not use to because football is all you have done and you are hoping 10 years in the NFL will help you be set for life planning on being smart with your money- you and the players assoc. would want the NFL to step in and stop it!!!!!!!!!!!

You are acting like some people don't like hard hits and all- this is not what ANYONE is saying.....you just want to act like it is all merry in la la land. I glad you like people getting hurt on purpose and think that is the NFL.- Get with the times and know what you are talking about, please. Even Ditka says hitting someone is TOTALLY different than trying to hurt someone and he is the NFL.

Why are you the only one that thinks this is a part of the NFL?? Even the UFC with all its violence has rules to stop from serious injury. To win is one thing but to win while ending someones career is chicken @#$#$............................ so i guess you have stated what you stand in......................... you must live around Pittsburg.............

Dave... Some of them, like Rattler and Spacey etc are looking for excuses to put down the Saints which have been clearly better than the Cowboys in recent history. Anything that takes away from the attention Jerry Jones tries to bring to his 'Boys is a sin and should be condemned to the fires of hell!

Dave... Some of them, like Rattler and Spacey etc are looking for excuses to put down the Saints which have been clearly better than the Cowboys in recent history. Anything that takes away from the attention Jerry Jones tries to bring to his 'Boys is a sin and should be condemned to the fires of hell!

Oh yea sure that is what it ALL about. Im not talking for spacey- but I have always talked good about Brees and their head coach. When the 49ers won I got in the love talk about the saints with you and BB. For you to say someone is trying to talk bad about them and make it sound ok is a joke. If any team had done this esp. the cowboys I would be saying the same thing. PERIOD- plus the saints did a pretty good job making themselves look really bad without Rattler chiming in. And by the way if you see my posts I think JJ is an idiot. THANKS AGAIN FOR PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOO HOO SOMEONE IS PICKING ON YOUR SAINTS

Baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Oh yea sure that is what it ALL about. Im not talking for spacey- but I have always talked good about Brees and their head coach. When the 49ers won I got in the love talk about the saints with you and BB. For you to say someone is trying to talk bad about them and make it sound ok is a joke. If any team had done this esp. the cowboys I would be saying the same thing. PERIOD- plus the saints did a pretty good job making themselves look really bad without Rattler chiming in. And by the way if you see my posts I think JJ is an idiot. THANKS AGAIN FOR PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rattler... that was my bad. I got you totally mixed up with buckeye...

As for the Saints making themselves look bad... there are different things teams and organizations do to motivate and give them a "competitive edge." I don't think that the Saints did themselves any favors by doing this because I feel like they have missed some "big plays" by going for "big hits". Gregg Williams was a gambler... he blitzed 3/4 of the time and left receivers wide open way too often for my liking.

On top of all of this, I am afraid that we will be missing our head coach/OC for at least 3-4 games and possibly some players that more than likely start on defense.

Now you have to rationalize some of this mess. Players are motivated by 2 things these days (the majority of them)... (1) Money, and (2) Championships.... Extra money for a big hit on Brett Favre? I'm game.

It's the part that was left out of the program... which is the use of the word "legal"

bounty-hunters-movie-saints-1260x917.jpg

THE SAINTS ARE A JOKE SO IS 99

None of what you say makes sense. Making the playoffs and having the #2 offense in the league makes you a joke? A bad "bounty system" makes your entire team a joke? A DC that made a bad decision yet won a SB makes them a joke?

You sir, are an idiot. Case closed.

As for the Saints making themselves look bad... there are different things teams and organizations do to motivate and give them a "competitive edge." I don't think that the Saints did themselves any favors by doing this because I feel like they have missed some "big plays" by going for "big hits". Gregg Williams was a gambler... he blitzed 3/4 of the time and left receivers wide open way too often for my liking.

On top of all of this, I am afraid that we will be missing our head coach/OC for at least 3-4 games and possibly some players that more than likely start on defense.

Now you have to rationalize some of this mess. Players are motivated by 2 things these days (the majority of them)... (1) Money, and (2) Championships.... Extra money for a big hit on Brett Favre? I'm game.

It's the part that was left out of the program... which is the use of the word "legal"

I really was proud to be a NFL fan during Brees and his town with their Championship Run!!! They did it with class and really brought that town something to be proud of. I don't think this should take anything away from that!!!!!!!!!! The Cowboys did so dumb stuff also during the super bowls............ the white house, etc.

I just have a problem with players and coaches- buddy ryan, giants saying they were trying to give him four more concussions, and to put someone on a cart. Football is the best sport there is and to be able to run on the grass and do what you love is special, and for someone or a Coach to try to take that away from you is no FOOTBALL. I will tell the reason I am so passionate about it Mavgrad99..... The hardest time I was ever hit was in Highschool- never saw it coming, got snotbubbles from that Sr. and I got up and went back to the huddle, never said a word- thats football............. In college my sr. year- having a great game and the first play of overtime while being tackled an outside LB came in and dove straight for my exposed knee................ lying on the ground I look up and he was throwing up out of his helmet. My leg was broken in four places with compound of both lower bones. He came to the Hospital with tears the next day saying he would never play football again. I told him it happens and he shouldn't give it up. Luckly he stuck with it and was on a National Championship team two years later. The head coach told me that same day he told them to take me out of the game when we went into overtime but he didn't mean like that. He said he didn't mean to take football away from me forever...........

My point is just hit anyone as hard as you can- if they go down because of a good hit so be it, but to TRY to put them in a cart or in a ER room is wrong- not just because it happened to me. My livelyhood was not depended on football....................just my love for it!!!!

I really was proud to be a NFL fan during Brees and his town with their Championship Run!!! They did it with class and really brought that town something to be proud of. I don't think this should take anything away from that!!!!!!!!!! The Cowboys did so dumb stuff also during the super bowls............ the white house, etc.

I just have a problem with players and coaches- buddy ryan, giants saying they were trying to give him four more concussions, and to put someone on a cart. Football is the best sport there is and to be able to run on the grass and do what you love is special, and for someone or a Coach to try to take that away from you is no FOOTBALL. I will tell the reason I am so passionate about it Mavgrad99..... The hardest time I was ever hit was in Highschool- never saw it coming, got snotbubbles for that Sr. and I got up and went back to the huddle, never said a word- thats football............. In college my sr. year- having a great game and the first play of overtime while being tackled an outside LB came in and dove straight for my exposed knee................ lying on the ground I look up and he was throwing up out of his helmet. My leg was broken in four places with compound of both lower bones. He came to the Hospital with tears the next day saying he would never play football again. I told him it happens and he shouldn't give it up. Luckly he stuck with it and was on a National Championship team two years later. The head coach told me that same day he told them to take me out of the game when we went into overtime but he didn't mean like that. He said he didn't mean to take football away from me forever...........

My point is just hit anyone as hard as you can- if they go down because of a good hit so be it, but to TRY to put them in a cart or in a ER room is wrong- not just because it happened to me. My livelyhood was not depended on football....................just my love for it!!!!

I get you completely. I would be on the other end of that as the guy standing on the sideline and seeing the dirty hit. Then having to tell you a couple days later with your Ortho-surgeon that "we can rehabilitate your injury, but you will never play again." It stinks and as I enjoy being an athletic trainer and working with injuries, I really hate treating injuries that something dirty or something stupid happened to cause the injury. If I were the Saints' athletic trainer during all of this, I would be a little sick to my stomach when I had to face the Vikings or Colts Athletic trainer, whether I knew about the bounty system or not.

Umm, and which buckeye are you talking about? If you're talking about me, then you're sadly mistaken because I haven't even posted on this thread. But if you are bringing me into this thread, then I'll leave you with this parting thought.

The 2009 Saints will forever have an asterisk attached to their "only" Super Bowl. Have fun with that.

A 2009 Super Bowl victory that will forever be questioned....

A quarterback who is highly ticked off....

A guard who says pay me or I'm gone...

A wide receiver who now wants to get paid...

And a new DC who is going to gut the Saints defense for "his" guys.

Oh yes, and by the way, a cheap owner by the name of Tom Benson.

You know, I think you would have been better off leaving me out of this. But since you didn't.....

Have fun in 2012.

Umm, and which buckeye are you talking about? If you're talking about me, then you're sadly mistaken because I haven't even posted on this thread. But if you are bringing me into this thread, then I'll leave you with this parting thought.

The 2009 Saints will forever have an asterisk attached to their "only" Super Bowl. Have fun with that.

A 2009 Super Bowl victory that will forever be questioned....

A quarterback who is highly ticked off....

A guard who says pay me or I'm gone...

A wide receiver who now wants to get paid...

And a new DC who is going to gut the Saints defense for "his" guys.

Oh yes, and by the way, a cheap owner by the name of Tom Benson.

You know, I think you would have been better off leaving me out of this. But since you didn't.....

Have fun in 2012.

You are ####... There will be no asterisk. The Saints did not make 1 dirty hit or take out any star player during the superbowl.

Enjoy 8-8 buddy.

ENDING ones career is more than putting a great hit on someone. That is the way the NFL is now, so get over it or just turn your tv to COPS or DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES with all those cheap shots

I didn't see the Saints end anyone's career, and as I stated if the officials or the NFL review team would have seen such they would have fined the player for said cheap shot. You on the other hand are aghast that any bounty was placed on the head of any player. I saw the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game, and I didn't see any "cheap" shots. I did see that the Saints defense was playing aggressive and going all out to go to the Super Bowl. If the Saints were taking all the cheap shots that you say they have been or were, then they would have lost that game, because they only won by a field goal in O.T. . Let's look back at that game, and what did Favre say afterwards ? "I've felt better," said Favre, who looked every bit his 40 years. "It was a physical game. A lot of hits. You win that and you sure feel a lot better." "I would have loved to represent the NFC," said Favre, who grew up in Mississippi a Saints fan. "But, as I told Sean throughout the year when we talked, if it's not us, I hope it's you guys." .

So the Saints had an in-house pool for solid hits on the opposing teams players. I'm sure that the NFL is going over every bit of the Saints defensive hits in the last 3 years, 1 year with JAX, 4 with Washington, 4 with Buffalo, and the 4 with Tennessee. You're upset that this even happens, and I saw your comments on the Giants/SF game. This is the NFL, if they do turn it into the NFFL National Flag Football League, then I will probably just watch the NCAA Football, MLB, and March Madness. It's people like you that are encouraging the rule changes to the NFL, and I don't want to see the NFL change one bit, there have been too many changes, that have made the league a pass happy league. If I want to see a pass happy league, then I'll watch Arena Football.

If people are going to jump on the Defensive players having side bonuses that are in house, then they should have jumped on Emmitt Smith for buying his offensive line expensive gifts for blocking for him back in the 90's. That was an incentive as well.

I didn't see the Saints end anyone's career, and as I stated if the officials or the NFL review team would have seen such they would have fined the player for said cheap shot. You on the other hand are aghast that any bounty was placed on the head of any player. I saw the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game, and I didn't see any "cheap" shots. I did see that the Saints defense was playing aggressive and going all out to go to the Super Bowl. If the Saints were taking all the cheap shots that you say they have been or were, then they would have lost that game, because they only won by a field goal in O.T. . Let's look back at that game, and what did Favre say afterwards ? "I've felt better," said Favre, who looked every bit his 40 years. "It was a physical game. A lot of hits. You win that and you sure feel a lot better." "I would have loved to represent the NFC," said Favre, who grew up in Mississippi a Saints fan. "But, as I told Sean throughout the year when we talked, if it's not us, I hope it's you guys." .

So the Saints had an in-house pool for solid hits on the opposing teams players. I'm sure that the NFL is going over every bit of the Saints defensive hits in the last 3 years, 1 year with JAX, 4 with Washington, 4 with Buffalo, and the 4 with Tennessee. You're upset that this even happens, and I saw your comments on the Giants/SF game. This is the NFL, if they do turn it into the NFFL National Flag Football League, then I will probably just watch the NCAA Football, MLB, and March Madness. It's people like you that are encouraging the rule changes to the NFL, and I don't want to see the NFL change one bit, there have been too many changes, that have made the league a pass happy league. If I want to see a pass happy league, then I'll watch Arena Football.

For one they have in house pool for solid hits??? They even said themselves it was higher the prices for help to get off the field and even higher prices for taken off on a cart...............how is that a solid hit trying to end someones game that can end someones career. What you think is the NFL is a joke. And I have stated that the officials and the NFL are going to review that game and many other again.......do you get that. You want to quote people............. let me quote this from one of the best hitter of ALL time. HITTING HARD IS ONE THING- TRYING TO HURT SOMEONE ON PURPOSE IS DIRTY AND HAS NO PLACE IN THE NFL- MIKE DITKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its people like me encouraging the change in NFL..........................I bet if your favorite player that you look forward to watch play EVERY weekend got hurt and ended his career on a cheap hit you would be singing a different song.

Its not me making these changes- the ex players ARE ASKING for it for their lives AFTER football. You even think they made it into a pass happy league????????? Can't get anything by you!! They pass because it works and other teams can't stop it!!!!

The NFL is changing for the safety of their players and their lives during and after football- so my friend either get use to it or watch your march madness

If people are going to jump on the Defensive players having side bonuses that are in house, then they should have jumped on Emmitt Smith for buying his offensive line expensive gifts for blocking for him back in the 90's. That was an incentive as well.

I all have to say to this is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For one they have in house pool for solid hits??? They even said themselves it was higher the prices for help to get off the field and even higher prices for taken off on a cart...............how is that a solid hit trying to end someones game that can end someones career. What you think is the NFL is a joke. And I have stated that the officials and the NFL are going to review that game and many other again.......do you get that. You want to quote people............. let me quote this from one of the best hitter of ALL time. HITTING HARD IS ONE THING- TRYING TO HURT SOMEONE ON PURPOSE IS DIRTY AND HAS NO PLACE IN THE NFL- MIKE DITKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its people like me encouraging the change in NFL..........................I bet if your favorite player that you look forward to watch play EVERY weekend got hurt and ended his career on a cheap hit you would be singing a different song.

Its not me making these changes- the ex players ARE ASKING for it for their lives AFTER football. You even think they made it into a pass happy league????????? Can't get anything by you!! They pass because it works and other teams can't stop it!!!!

The NFL is changing for the safety of their players and their lives during and after football- so my friend either get use to it or watch your march madness

Why wouldn't the in-house pool go up for that ? That's obvious. How many times did it happen ? That's what the NFL will be looking into. What players rank at the highest of most respected defensive players, it's the one's that hit hard, and knocked someone into the next week. I never had a problem with Diron Talbert, Dick Butkus, Ronnie Lott, or Jack Tatum. If you want to bring up a quote by "Iron" Mike Ditka, I give you Dick : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBumQdwc-tE

My favorite NFL player did retire after leading the NFL in Passing in 1979. His concern was his concussions, but I would have liked to seen him play two more years. The NFL is a tough sport, but that's one of the things I love about it. Maybe I'll start watching rugby instead.

You are being ridiculous! No one is complaining about bonuses for making good hard hits. Read a little deeper and see the whole story. It would have been different if Emmitt had of said for the linemen to put someone on a stretcher or hospital. It has to do with intent. Nothing wrong with a coach saying take someone out of the game. It is the intent behind it that makes it right or wrong.