Naughty Saints

You are ####... There will be no asterisk. The Saints did not make 1 dirty hit or take out any star player during the superbowl.

Enjoy 8-8 buddy.

Wow, did I step on a nerve or what.

Remember now, I was content with just scanning over the posts in these threads until you decided to bring me into the equation. I find it funny that the Saints make it to the Super Bowl in 2009 (the year in question with the Bounty Program) but yet, when it was first investigated in 2010, NOTHING since then. No Super Bowls, nothing.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, there is a few other things to make note of.

A very ticked off Drew Brees.

A gaurd who wants to get paid.

A wide receiver who wants to get paid.

A new DC who is talking about gutting the defense and bringing in HIS guys.

Possible suspensions.

And an owner who is notorious for NOT shelling out the big bucks.

Depending on the message sent to YOUR team....

8-8 might be looking pretty good.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people are going to jump on the Defensive players having side bonuses that are in house, then they should have jumped on Emmitt Smith for buying his offensive line expensive gifts for blocking for him back in the 90's. That was an incentive as well.

You really have problems comparing Emmitt buying each OL a rolex after he won the rushing title to a team getting paid more to put players into the x-ray room and maybe the unemployed list. I love watching all the hard hits on youtube from college and pros- but they are all clean. You really are blind and dumb on what is going on in the NFL. Why would they ever said they did wrong and sorry about it if it was ok and a part of the NFL. Wake up from the 70's

silverk1.jpg

Remember now, I was content with just scanning over the posts in these threads until you decided to bring me into the equation. I find it funny that the Saints make it to the Super Bowl in 2009 (the year in question with the Bounty Program) but yet, when it was first investigated in 2010, NOTHING since then. No Super Bowls, nothing.

A very ticked off Drew Brees.

A gaurd who wants to get paid.

A wide receiver who wants to get paid.

Possible suspensions.

And an owner who is notorious for NOT shelling out the big bucks.

Depending on the message sent to YOUR team....

8-8 might be looking pretty good.

8-8 only looked good to you this year... "It's better than being knocked out of the 2nd round of the playoffs"...

So, here is what I ask of you... show me the quote from Drew Brees or his agent that he is mad about being franchised in NO until they get his contract figured out. Quotes from the DC saying he is bringing in his guys. And while we may lose Colston and a few other players, we are still not an 8-8 team.

Now, it appears that you are implying that all of this other junk you are tossing out there is stemming from the bounty system? Another crazy assumption from you. You also suggest that our SB year is the year being looked into during this investigation. I believe it is every year and every team that Gregg Williams has been with that is being looked into. So Good try. Try harder next time.

You are ####... There will be no asterisk. The Saints did not make 1 dirty hit or take out any star player during the superbowl.

Enjoy 8-8 buddy.

I totally agree- The Saints won the Super Bowl and every game up to that because they were a great team and did great things for that city. The bounty hits had absolutely nothing to do with them holding up the trophy.

They need to punish those involved- get over it and move on. Make sure it does not go on in the NFL. (tell davetv- make sure the hunt to hurt should not go on not all the great hard hits!!!)

8-8 only looked good to you this year... "It's better than being knocked out of the 2nd round of the playoffs"...

So, here is what I ask of you... show me the quote from Drew Brees or his agent that he is mad about being franchised in NO until they get his contract figured out.<---Ask and ye shall receive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-drew-brees-livid-franchise-tag-011643713.html

Drew Brees was hit with the franchise tag by the New Orleans Saints on Saturday, despite having made it clear that that's not what he wanted. So what happens now? Well, according to CBSSports.com's Rapid Reports, Brees gets really mad.

Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged and not receiving a long-term contract, according to WIST-AM in New Orleans. The radio station cites sources in the Brees camp that he will not sign the franchise tag deal. Brees and the Saints have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal.

Quotes from the DC saying he is bringing in his guys. And while we may lose Colston and a few other players, we are still not an 8-8 team.
<---No quotes yet, but I did find this article interesting.

Notice the names of the players that they are wanting to keep outright and the names of the players that they are looking to release, or asking to take a pay cut. Knowing that much in the same way as Brees, they're going to want to get paid. But by all means, point out the guys on defense that will fit the mold of a Spagnuola defense.

Now, it appears that you are implying that all of this other junk you are tossing out there is stemming from the bounty system? Another crazy assumption from you. You also suggest that our SB year is the year being looked into during this investigation.
<---Umm, 2010 was the year that the investigation started.

Goodell said the investigation began in 2010 after allegations were made that Saints defenders had targeted
Arizona Cardinals
quarterback Kurt Warner and
Minnesota Vikings
quarterback Brett Favre during New Orleans' 2009 run to the Super Bowl.

The Saints win the Super Bowl in 2009, the investigation begins in 2010, and directly after that, no more Super Bowls. Heck, in 2010 and 2011 the Saints defense was nowhere close to what it was in 2009. I wonder why?

I believe it is every year and every team that Gregg Williams has been with that is being looked into. So Good try.
<---Yep, sure is. I find it strange that Greg Williams was brought in by Sean Payton. Payton even opened up his own pockets in order to make it happen
Try harder next time.
<---LOL. Are you sure? You almost blew a gasket with one of my previous posts on this thread. You seem to forget, I live here in Louisiana. But again, remember the fact that you brought me in to this thread. It might be a good idea to let me ease on out without any further damage.

You are being ridiculous! No one is complaining about bonuses for making good hard hits. Read a little deeper and see the whole story. It would have been different if Emmitt had of said for the linemen to put someone on a stretcher or hospital. It has to do with intent. Nothing wrong with a coach saying take someone out of the game. It is the intent behind it that makes it right or wrong.

I don't remember the Saints putting anyone in the hospital or on the cart. I do remember Favre hobbling around after being sacked several times in that game. I'm not going to be offended or say it's dirty play, because hard hits in the NFL is one of the reasons why I watch the NFL. Almost every team in the NFL that has been great has had hard hitters. I heard players in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, 00's, and 10's say they wanted to take the opposing teams stars out. That's football. I hated George Allen back in the day, but over time I've grown to like him.

Taken from the Dallas Morning News Archives :

Former Cowboys linebacker Lee Roy Jordan on George Allen: "George had a real hate rivalry for us. "He used to say, 'If we can injure [Roger] Staubach, we have a chance to win.' He really made it intense. And I use that word because it's the only one you can print."

One of the reasons I still hate Joe Theismann : Former Cowboys safety Cliff Harris disliked Theismann so much that he once vowed to come out of retirement just to have the brief satisfaction of decking Theismann a few times.

There are no friendlies in the NFL or Rugby, that's a different sport.

I don't remember the Saints putting anyone in the hospital or on the cart. I do remember Favre hobbling around after being sacked several times in that game. I'm not going to be offended or say it's dirty play, because hard hits in the NFL is one of the reasons why I watch the NFL. Almost every team in the NFL that has been great has had hard hitters. I heard players in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, 00's, and 10's say they wanted to take the opposing teams stars out. That's football. I hated George Allen back in the day, but over time I've grown to like him.

Taken from the Dallas Morning News Archives :

Former Cowboys linebacker Lee Roy Jordan on George Allen: "George had a real hate rivalry for us. "He used to say, 'If we can injure [Roger] Staubach, we have a chance to win.' He really made it intense. And I use that word because it's the only one you can print."

One of the reasons I still hate Joe Theismann : Former Cowboys safety Cliff Harris disliked Theismann so much that he once vowed to come out of retirement just to have the brief satisfaction of decking Theismann a few times.

There are no friendlies in the NFL or Rugby, that's a different sport.

This is what I am talking about. You are condoning unethical play? So you agree with what George Allen said? Is it okay to go after a QB to injure him and take him out of a game that way? This is still wrong on so many levels! I will say this, if George Allen was just media hounding and saying that "tongue in cheek" or just as a joke that is different. I do remember that being said but I do not know about his seriousness in the quote.

If Cliff Harris had the intent of injuring Theismann then that would be just as wrong. But being able to get hard hits on a QB is a total different scenario.

So, here is what I ask of you... show me the quote from Drew Brees or his agent that he is mad about being franchised in NO until they get his contract figured out.<---Ask and ye shall receive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-drew-brees-livid-franchise-tag-011643713.html

Drew Brees was hit with the franchise tag by the New Orleans Saints on Saturday, despite having made it clear that that's not what he wanted. So what happens now? Well, according to CBSSports.com's Rapid Reports, Brees gets really mad.

Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged and not receiving a long-term contract, according to WIST-AM in New Orleans. The radio station cites sources in the Brees camp that he will not sign the franchise tag deal. Brees and the Saints have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal.

Seriously, I want solid quotes and evidence.

Quotes from the DC saying he is bringing in his guys. And while we may lose Colston and a few other players, we are still not an 8-8 team.
<---
No quotes yet... I dont think I need to respond further.
, but I did find this article interesting.

Notice the names of the players that they are wanting to keep outright and the names of the players that they are looking to release, or asking to take a pay cut. Knowing that much in the same way as Brees, they're going to want to get paid. But by all means, point out the guys on defense that will fit the mold of a Spagnuola defense.

Now, it appears that you are implying that all of this other junk you are tossing out there is stemming from the bounty system? Another crazy assumption from you. You also suggest that our SB year is the year being looked into during this investigation.
<---Umm, 2010 was the year that the investigation started.

Goodell said the investigation began in 2010 after allegations were made that Saints defenders had targeted
Arizona Cardinals
quarterback Kurt Warner and
Minnesota Vikings
quarterback Brett Favre during New Orleans' 2009 run to the Super Bowl.

So you are saying that none of Gregg Williams previous years are being looked at? Naive.

The Saints win the Super Bowl in 2009, the investigation begins in 2010, and directly after that, no more Super Bowls. Heck, in 2010 and 2011 the Saints defense was nowhere close to what it was in 2009. I wonder why?

The Saints defense wasn't even that great that year. They caused ALOT of turnovers. They still didn't stop anyone... So you don't really make a valid point. You just see dots and connect them whether that is where the line is supposed to go there or not.

I believe it is every year and every team that Gregg Williams has been with that is being looked into. So Good try.
<---Yep, sure is. I find it strange that Greg Williams was brought in by Sean Payton. Payton even opened up his own pockets in order to make it happen
Sean Peyton wanted the best and wanted to win. So he gave up money to bring in a guy considered one of the best and an understudy of Buddy Ryan... also considered to be one of the best.

Try harder next time.
<---LOL. Are you sure? You almost blew a gasket with one of my previous posts on this thread. You seem to forget, I live here in Louisiana. But again, remember the fact that you brought me in to this thread. It might be a good idea to let me ease on out without any further damage.

I mentioned your name as someone usually looking to bash the Saints and annoint the Cowboys in this thread. If you really want to know how much attention I pay to you, you will notice that I got you totally mixed up with a rational Cowboy fan... So head on back now to the Romo parade. I hear it is making stops at his highest fan concentration cities. San Francisco, Austin, then the finally in Toronto.

Drew Brees was hit with the franchise tag by the New Orleans Saints on Saturday, despite having made it clear that that's not what he wanted. So what happens now? Well, according to CBSSports.com's Rapid Reports, Brees gets really mad. Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged and not receiving a long-term contract, according to WIST-AM in New Orleans. The radio station cites sources in the Brees camp that he will not sign the franchise tag deal. Brees and the Saints have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal.

Seriously, I want solid quotes and evidence.<---Hmm, has he signed the franchise tag deal?

Quotes from the DC saying he is bringing in his guys. And while we may lose Colston and a few other players, we are still not an 8-8 team.<---No quotes yet... I dont think I need to respond further., but I did find this article interesting.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/free_agency_math_not_in_new_or.html

Now, it appears that you are implying that all of this other junk you are tossing out there is stemming from the bounty system? Another crazy assumption from you. You also suggest that our SB year is the year being looked into during this investigation.<---Umm, 2010 was the year that the investigation started.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82757bcd/article/nfl-says-saints-created-bounty-program-from-20092011

Goodell said the investigation began in 2010 after allegations were made that Saints defenders had targeted Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner and Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre during New Orleans' 2009 run to the Super Bowl.

So you are saying that none of Gregg Williams previous years are being looked at? Naive.<---Not saying that at all. His other teams are being looked at, but we're talking the Saints now aren't we?

The Saints defense wasn't even that great that year. They caused ALOT of turnovers.<---How many turnovers did the defense cause last season? how about 2010? They still didn't stop anyone... So you don't really make a valid point.<---Again, alot of turnovers in 2009 but not so much in 2010 and 2011...right? You just see dots and connect them whether that is where the line is supposed to go there or not.<---Who are you describing there? me or you?

I believe it is every year and every team that Gregg Williams has been with that is being looked into. So Good try.<---Yep, sure is. I find it strange that Greg Williams was brought in by Sean Payton. Payton even opened up his own pockets in order to make it happen Sean Peyton wanted the best and wanted to win. So he gave up money to bring in a guy considered one of the best and an understudy of Buddy Ryan... also considered to be one of the best.<---So what happened then? you know, since he was considered one of the best.

Try harder next time.<---LOL. Are you sure? You almost blew a gasket with one of my previous posts on this thread. You seem to forget, I live here in Louisiana. But again, remember the fact that you brought me in to this thread. It might be a good idea to let me ease on out without any further damage.

I mentioned your name as someone usually looking to bash the Saints<---and that was where you messed up. My posts were usually responses to BayouBengals attacks on the Cowboys. But of course, it shouldn't come as a surprise for you to ignore than fact. and annoint the Cowboys in this thread.<---Please show where I have annointed anything Dallas in this thread. In fact, please show where I have stated anything Dallas in this thread. If you really want to know how much attention I pay to you,<---LOL. Sure, that's it. you will notice that I got you totally mixed up with a rational Cowboy fan...<---Yes, that HAS to be it. So head on back now to the Romo parade.<---Oh no, it's too late for that. You drug me into something that I wasn't even a part of. I even tried to give you a way out, but pride kept you from taking it. No, I think I'll just continue on with this Bounty program watch AND the Drew Brees watch. I hear it is making stops at his highest fan concentration cities. San Francisco, Austin, then the finally in Toronto.<---And all the while Saints fans over here are demanding that New Orleans pay Brees what he wants. Yep, alot of ticked off fans over here.

This is what I am talking about. You are condoning unethical play? So you agree with what George Allen said? Is it okay to go after a QB to injure him and take him out of a game that way? This is still wrong on so many levels! I will say this, if George Allen was just media hounding and saying that "tongue in cheek" or just as a joke that is different. I do remember that being said but I do not know about his seriousness in the quote.

If Cliff Harris had the intent of injuring Theismann then that would be just as wrong. But being able to get hard hits on a QB is a total different scenario.

I'm not offended by it, and to me it's not an issue. I know that every time a linebacker, defensive lineman, or corner/safety hits a quarterback they want them out of the game. As long as the hit is legal, I don't have any qualms with it being said on the practice field, in the locker room, on the sideline, or in a huddle. I know L.T. was visibly upset after his sack on Theismann, but it was a legal hit.

I have a problem with late hits, cutback blocks, blocks in the back, clipping, etc. . I didn't see many on here complaining about the Falcons being labeled as dirty, but Uncle John wasn't around. (Some R rated language in this article : http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/features/2011/nfl_2011/week_17/atlanta_falcons_dirty_play_an_insider_s_guide_to_chop_blocks_.html ) But since the Saints had a slush fund to award defensive players, people are up in arms. I would bet that these "bonuses" wouldn't have covered the fines, if the NFL had seen anything on tape that would have been considered a cheap hit. LaVar Arrington took out Aikman, and it was a solid legal hit :

. If he got a $5000 bonus after that game for a hit like that, I have no problem with it. It's been shown on highlight films years after he retired. Amazingly enough, he was injured against the Cowboys after signing with the Giants.

I don't jump on a bandwagon, and start calling for suspensions, fines, removal from the league, unless I see intent to harm that is illegal. Show me proof that the Saints did this on a continual basis. I know the Saints have a few heavy hitters, but none that I would say are a force in the NFL.

IMO it is not just foobtall to offer bounty for hits that causes someone to be carted off..that is dirty football..You can hit hard and still hit legally, trying to take out a knee for money is not the kind of football I want to watch

I can't agree more. When did sportsmanship dissappear from sports. Sportsmanship isn't just shaking someones hand and saying good game after you cheated or tried to hurt the opposing players, its about playing and winning within the rules, while being respectful, honorable and humble. That is the true measure of an athlete. This win at all costs mentallity that seems to be pervasive in all sports these days is wrong.

I'm not offended by it, and to me it's not an issue. I know that every time a linebacker, defensive lineman, or corner/safety hits a quarterback they want them out of the game. As long as the hit is legal, I don't have any qualms with it being said on the practice field, in the locker room, on the sideline, or in a huddle. I know L.T. was visibly upset after his sack on Theismann, but it was a legal hit.

I have a problem with late hits, cutback blocks, blocks in the back, clipping, etc. . I didn't see many on here complaining about the Falcons being labeled as dirty, but Uncle John wasn't around. (Some R rated language in this article : http://www.slate.com...op_blocks_.html ) But since the Saints had a slush fund to award defensive players, people are up in arms. I would bet that these "bonuses" wouldn't have covered the fines, if the NFL had seen anything on tape that would have been considered a cheap hit. LaVar Arrington took out Aikman, and it was a solid legal hit :

. If he got a $5000 bonus after that game for a hit like that, I have no problem with it. It's been shown on highlight films years after he retired. Amazingly enough, he was injured against the Cowboys after signing with the Giants.

I don't jump on a bandwagon, and start calling for suspensions, fines, removal from the league, unless I see intent to harm that is illegal. Show me proof that the Saints did this on a continual basis. I know the Saints have a few heavy hitters, but none that I would say are a force in the NFL.

that's your problem- how do you have to SEE intent to see it is illegal......................SHOW YOU PROOF............the saints ADMITTED TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that not good enough proof??

I can't agree more. When did sportsmanship dissappear from sports. Sportsmanship isn't just shaking someones hand and saying good game after you cheated or tried to hurt the opposing players, its about playing and winning within the rules, while being respectful, honorable and humble. That is the true measure of an athlete. This win at all costs mentallity that seems to be pervasive in all sports these days is wrong.

BRAVO

that's your problem- how do you have to SEE intent to see it is illegal......................SHOW YOU PROOF............the saints ADMITTED TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that not good enough proof??

They said they had a in house pool of dollars to pass around for hard hits. I suppose that paying someone extra, for performing well is beyond your reasoning. It's no big deal to me, unless you can show me numerous injuries that have ended careers. Favre played the next year, but he was getting older. He had been hit many times in the 90's by the Cowboys. This is a news story to tarnish the Saints, and I'm not a Saints fan. This story could have been about the Raiders, and it still wouldn't matter to me. Get over it. I'm sure Gregg Williams will be banned from the league. The Saints and maybe some other teams will have to pay a fine, but you're acting like they killed someone on the field.

They said they had a in house pool of dollars to pass around for hard hits. I suppose that paying someone extra, for performing well is beyond your reasoning. It's no big deal to me, unless you can show me numerous injuries that have ended careers. Favre played the next year, but he was getting older. He had been hit many times in the 90's by the Cowboys. This is a news story to tarnish the Saints, and I'm not a Saints fan. This story could have been about the Raiders, and it still wouldn't matter to me. Get over it. I'm sure Gregg Williams will be banned from the league. The Saints and maybe some other teams will have to pay a fine, but you're acting like they killed someone on the field.

whatever....the INTENT to hurt them WAS there and they said it was, so if if you want to call your sitting watching sunday football first hand of how things go down in the league.....all to you........... you are the beast of it all..........

To end someones NFL career by a great hit or by trying to END his career by a cheap hit is TOTALLY different and that is what you are a joke about and wont get.............the media .ex= NFL players and the Saints have said is correct and will make sure wont happen anymore................................your acting like you WANT someone killed on the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatever....the INTENT to hurt them WAS there and they said it was, so if if you want to call your sitting watching sunday football first hand of how things go down in the league.....all to you........... you are the beast of it all..........

To end someones NFL career by a great hit or by trying to END his career by a cheap hit is TOTALLY different and that is what you are a joke about and wont get.............the media .ex= NFL players and the Saints have said is correct and will make sure wont happen anymore................................your acting like you WANT someone killed on the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell me that every defensive player that plays in the NFL doesn't want to put a hurt on someone. Maybe Deion Sanders, Terrance Newman, and the other shoe string tacklers in the NFL should be upset. I listened to what the players that were involved in the "bounty hunt", and none of them were critical with the hits they took. Steve Young said his piece, because he suffered a career ending concussion. Well, this is the NFL, not the Pansy Touch Flag Football League. If they don't want to be paid millions to hit or be hit, there's always baseball or soccer. Maybe they can go play in some marching band or sing in a glee club or better yet, maybe they should play professional golf.

The only people that are "upset", are people like you that want to take every facet of violence out of sports. This is a question that I would ask you. Would you watch a Flag or Touch football league ? This is one of the reasons that NFL players are paid between $375,000 to $23,000,000 a year. There is a risk to this occupation, but you're acting like a $5000 "bounty" is going to make someone risk their NFL salary to take out someone. I don't see it like that.

A very ticked off Drew Brees. Saints continuing to put weapons around him and leaving room to re-sign. It is sort of weird how the media is calling Brees greedy and his agent a Rosenhouse wanna be

A gaurd who wants to get paid. See ya, we will take Brees over you.

A wide receiver who wants to get paid. paid

Possible suspensions. Players Union might have something to say about that and it is reported that the majority of the players will just be fined heavily. Same for the coaches.

And an owner who is notorious for NOT shelling out the big bucks. You do realize the Saints have very little cap space right? Cheap.

Care to make like a Corner and backpedal some?

Care to make like a Corner and backpedal some?

Uh oh buckeye... Even more holes in your assumptions and false media reports.

Drew Brees on the SVP show said he has not spoken to the media through any means about the franchise tag and that he is looking forward to working out a deal where he can he a Saint the rest of his career.

That sir, is not a report. That is from the man himself. Good day, take a lap.

Don't tell me that every defensive player that plays in the NFL doesn't want to put a hurt on someone. Maybe Deion Sanders, Terrance Newman, and the other shoe string tacklers in the NFL should be upset. I listened to what the players that were involved in the "bounty hunt", and none of them were critical with the hits they took. Steve Young said his piece, because he suffered a career ending concussion. Well, this is the NFL, not the Pansy Touch Flag Football League. If they don't want to be paid millions to hit or be hit, there's always baseball or soccer. Maybe they can go play in some marching band or sing in a glee club or better yet, maybe they should play professional golf.

The only people that are "upset", are people like you that want to take every facet of violence out of sports. This is a question that I would ask you. Would you watch a Flag or Touch football league ? This is one of the reasons that NFL players are paid between $375,000 to $23,000,000 a year. There is a risk to this occupation, but you're acting like a $5000 "bounty" is going to make someone risk their NFL salary to take out someone. I don't see it like that.

The only people the are upset like me are pretty much ALL the ex NFL players that I have heard on radio, livestream, espn, all other media outlets and they ALL have said this has NEVER been part of the NFL and NEVER will be part of the NFL. People hit and hit hard and it is like no other sport. If someone gets hurt because of a GREAT hit- this is and always has been apart of football from pee-wee to the NFL buddy, but to go out as a team and..............never mind been there done that. You sound a great fan of the NFL that has never played a down if any football game.

Not baseball or soccer..............????????????? Do you even know what you are talking about...............the MLB players will empty dugouts if there is ANY kind of dirty play like trying to injure another player by throwing at the head or sliding with the cleats up.........................know your other sports before you start adding them to your list. And yes I would watch a Flaf or touch football league with all playboy bunnies or hooter girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh oh buckeye... Even more holes in your assumptions and false media reports.

Drew Brees on the SVP show said he has not spoken to the media through any means about the franchise tag and that he is looking forward to working out a deal where he can he a Saint the rest of his career.

That sir, is not a report. That is from the man himself. Good day, take a lap.

Still waiting. Or are you taking yourself out of this?

The only people the are upset like me are pretty much ALL the ex NFL players that I have heard on radio, livestream, espn, all other media outlets and they ALL have said this has NEVER been part of the NFL and NEVER will be part of the NFL. People hit and hit hard and it is like no other sport. If someone gets hurt because of a GREAT hit- this is and always has been apart of football from pee-wee to the NFL buddy, but to go out as a team and..............never mind been there done that. You sound a great fan of the NFL that has never played a down if any football game.

Not baseball or soccer..............????????????? Do you even know what you are talking about...............the MLB players will empty dugouts if there is ANY kind of dirty play like trying to injure another player by throwing at the head or sliding with the cleats up.........................know your other sports before you start adding them to your list. And yes I would watch a Flaf or touch football league with all playboy bunnies or hooter girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would never say it has NEVER been a part of the NFL. We know for a fact that it happened in Buffalo, Washington, and now New Orleans. It would not surprise me in the least if it had gone on in the past with the Raiders, Steelers, Buccaneers, Giants, Eagles ( http://articles.philly.com/2012-03-07/sports/31132527_1_eagles-coach-buddy-ryan-bounty-bowl-luis-zendejas), Broncos, Ravens, Jets, Dolphins, Patriots, Lions, etc.

I don't have a problem with dugouts emptying out in baseball, but those are rare. Baseball isn't hockey, and even hockey has toned it down.

As I've said review the tapes, and see if there are any more fines or levy's brought against the Saints. If anything they'll have to pay a $1,000,000 fine and give up 2 #1 draft picks.

Was this a cheap shot too ?

That hit on Charmichael was a beautiful hit if you were a Cowboys fan!

This is what Carmichael said about the hit : Although he literally stood head and shoulders above other players (at 6 feet, 8 inches), the soft-spoken Carmichael maintained a low profile throughout his career. After the Dallas game, he said he didn't hold a grudge against Thurman.

“It could've gone either way,” he said of the sideline shot that put him out of the game. “The guy was just trying to make a play. The hit didn't bother me—it was the landing that hurt.

This is what Carmichael said about the hit : Although he literally stood head and shoulders above other players (at 6 feet, 8 inches), the soft-spoken Carmichael maintained a low profile throughout his career. After the Dallas game, he said he didn't hold a grudge against Thurman.

"It could've gone either way," he said of the sideline shot that put him out of the game. "The guy was just trying to make a play. The hit didn't bother me—it was the landing that hurt.

That is your problem you back up saying good hits but then you say bounty hit to put people in the carts are ok. whatever