Breaking News: Poe leaving Spring Hill

Smoaky

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is WOW! Spring Hill just lost a coach that will be great. I was looking forward to Wilson and Poe facing each other. Good luck Poe. 16 3a is stacked with great coaches but just lost one. I still feel like SH will be able to compete soon but they just took another step backwards.

celtic09,

would mark white support you in your quest to get coach stacy edwards to be the AD? And would he also follow some of you earlier comments about not hiring more football coaches?

Word is Stacy Edwards is leaving at the end of the school year. No confirmation from Coach Edwards yet, but apparently she told her track team this. Anyone heard the same thing?

Word is Stacy Edwards is leaving at the end of the school year. No confirmation from Coach Edwards yet, but apparently she told her track team this. Anyone heard the same thing?

You'll have to ask Coach Edwards about this. I never said we shouldn't have more football coaches. I will always advocate that the staff be full and complete, with a full complement of coaches in all sports, at all levels. I do believe that in ANY program, 5 football coaches is not enough to be competitive, but in a district like this one, it's almost impossible to comprehend. I'd like to see the program bounce back, and move forward.

Again, best of luck to Bill Poe. I appreciate his dedication to SH.

Does Spring Hill run their off-season the same as Gilmer, Carthage, Bullard, etc.....Basketball and Baseball kids, that also play football, lift with the other football off-season kids?

If not, this is the first thing that would need to take place to even think of having a chance against those other schools that do it right.

.......DON'T tell me it can't be done! Carthage, Gilmer, and now even Bullard are doing it and succeding just fine in all sports. They are the truth in action on how to do things right!

I can tell you how to NOT do it right and other sports will have success, but football will be the lone sport to suffer. ALWAYS!

Again, not sure how SH has been doing it, just speculating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Spring Hill run their off-season the same as Gilmer, Carthage, Bullard, etc.....Basketball and Baseball kids, that also play football, lift with the other football off-season kids?

If not, this is the first thing that would need to take place to even think of having a chance against those other schools that do it right.

.......DON'T tell me it can't be done! Carthage, Gilmer, and now even Bullard are doing it and succeding just fine in all sports. They are the truth in action on how to do things right!

I can tell you how to NOT do it right and other sports will have success, but football will be the lone sport to suffer. ALWAYS!

Again, not sure how SH has been doing it, just speculating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why it is this way I don't know. I assume Coach Poe left it up to the head coach of the sport. Basketball did not participate, but baseball did/does.

I do agree that everybody benefits from strength and conditioning.

i didn'know Coach Poe personally but from what i heard he was not only a great coach but a great person. hate to see him leave but i don't blame him. no support from the school. it's ashame SH is in this bad of a situation. i look for many of the other coaches to follow him out the door.

i realize academics is the number one priority but if you are going to have athletics at least have enough people to run the different sports. i am an alumni of SH and have always been proud of the standard they hold even if we weren't always very good in football. i'm embarassed by what is taking place there now. hopefully when they get some new blood on the school board things will start to look up but i don't know.

i didn'know Coach Poe personally but from what i heard he was not only a great coach but a great person. hate to see him leave but i don't blame him. no support from the school. it's ashame SH is in this bad of a situation. i look for many of the other coaches to follow him out the door.

i realize academics is the number one priority but if you are going to have athletics at least have enough people to run the different sports. i am an alumni of SH and have always been proud of the standard they hold even if we weren't always very good in football. i'm embarassed by what is taking place there now. hopefully when they get some new blood on the school board things will start to look up but i don't know.

I agree with you 100 percent!!! Not only do we need changes with the school board, I believe we need a change at the Superintendent postion.

They couldn't beat a 2A..

I see we have a new troll on SDC and trolling is a violation of the SDC Member Code of Conduct. At least back up or validate your opinions EPATN.

SDC Member Code of Conduct

Rule 4

"Trolling (Inciting Flames)

Posts intended solely to annoy and/or offend other posters are not allowed."

It was hard not to see this one coming from when Poe signed. As an alum, Spring Hill just can't produce the numbers Gilmer, Carthage, Tatum does. Not to mention, it's not a football first school like many others in the district. Bob Stoops could coach the Panthers but it won't do anything unless the school's mind set toward football changes. The promotion should come from within.

IMO Coach Poe backed out of a challenge. He could possibly bring SH to a contender or ride Coach Dodges coat tails. Guess he chose the latter.

like you said that's your opinion but i doubt he left because he didn't want the challenge. being way under staffed was what made him want to leave.

Yeah they have been cutting coaches like crazy at spring hill. Anyone have any names yet as far as a replacement?

Apparently it is not important enough to post on the Admin job openings board. Our DC left to head coach Anna, TX and his job is on the board but no AD/head football coach.

That's what they should have done 2 years ago. Everyone knew Poe was 2 and out the day he came to SH. Waldrip knew the kids and what was ahead. SH was a stepping stone for a young guy to get a new job, and probably will be again. Give it to Mike Lee if Waldrip does not want it. He will do a good job... Whatever they do DO not let the track coach have it he is a @$@.

Who's the men's track coach?

That's what they should have done 2 years ago. Everyone knew Poe was 2 and out the day he came to SH. Waldrip knew the kids and what was ahead. SH was a stepping stone for a young guy to get a new job, and probably will be again. Give it to Mike Lee if Waldrip does not want it. He will do a good job... Whatever they do DO not let the track coach have it he is a @$@.

And I heard bankers from White Oak have trouble remembering what goes in the vault and what goes in the pocket.....

And I heard bankers from White Oak have trouble remembering what goes in the vault and what goes in the pocket.....

JV Coach that was real Christian like. You probably need to add some more quotes under your signature. Poe did as good a job as anyone, but anytime you bring in a 'Metroplex' coach or outsider they are short term. Even at WO.