Gladewater Football 2012

BearPride6

Gladewater has it all. They have a good QB. Fast RB's. Big and great linemen. And an amazing coach who is teaching them to work as a family. They started practicing football about two months ago and they're already out there working super hard everyday. Y'all don't know ####. Judging the way the teams were last year doesn't mean anything. Every team changes every year. You never know until it comes down to the game and see what the final outcome was. And they don't have a cupcake pre-season next year. Their first game is daingerfield. Go bears! We love you guys!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm old school Gladewater and firmly believe the coaching staff has alot to do with players attitudes and work ethic. I mean no disrespect to Coach Callaway in any way, he is a good man and has a great family, but under his watch we had way to many attitudes and it spread like a cancer. One thing that I really think is going to turn around Gladewater's program is what they have in place at the junior high now. Coach Clower is an excellant coach and is developing the kids starting in the 6th grade. I see nothing but a bright future for my beloved bears and look forward to watching them this season.

You miss my point! I really like Coach Baugh, Coach Clower and all the coaching staff, but my point is until people quit blaming past coaches for their own choices, attitudes have not truly changed.

Coaches are there to teach a sport, not to hold the kids hands, or hand them the qualities of respect, great work ethic, or good attitudes. When a kid steps on that field, he or she should ask themselves not, what will I get out of this, but what do I bring to the table. How can I help the team, my coaches, and teammates to be all they can be. How can I be the best person I can be, on and off the field. When kids are making bad choices off the field or in the classroom, they truly can't be all they can be on the field.

If we, as adults, continue to enable our kids by telling them they don't have to be responsible for their choices in life, then we are a big part of the problem. I see many positive things happening in Gladewater, and in our schools, but I just wish people would talk about the future and quit blaming everything on the past and coaches like Scott Callaway and his staff who did everything they could to change the attitudes at GHS.

And I'm as "old school" Gladewater as anyone!!

Can a "Bear Supporter" explain what has happend to the track program over there? The girls scored 6 points at district. Im sure they had 100 points on the basketball court this year, boys and girls.I would think an AD would want his athletes to compete in track and field.

Dont think attitudes have changed at gladewater at all, with callaway or baugh. Pretty sure they had two students shooting at each other, one was a football player. Also had kids failing drug tests, callaway didnt change it and it still is not changed. Football may have gotten a little better but its tough to tell with that district they are in. I am in no way bashing either coach, just making a point that its hard for a coach to change a whole school. The whole town of gladewater isnt what it used to be in the 80s and 90s, drive through there sometime. They have some athletes so they will be fine in football, only problem is district is going from hard to brutal.

That shooting had nothing to freaking do with our high school. You don't even know what happened. We love nick and he's not a bad kid. He's a great football player. He got shot over reasons dealing with a girl and it was not on school property or during school hours even. It'd be great if you didn't bring that up cause that can start a lot of drama. Js.

Maybe they need their coach back..cough cough..

Can a "Bear Supporter" explain what has happend to the track program over there? The girls scored 6 points at district. Im sure they had 100 points on the basketball court this year, boys and girls.I would think an AD would want his athletes to compete in track and field.

I wonder how many supporters will post on here when gladewater finshes at best 4th at worst 6th place. Will there be any excuses or will yall look forward to 2014 and pull a Pittsburg.

Why would any of us stop posting regardless of where we finish? We never have stopped before so why would you think this time is different.I have no problem with homerism. Just because I don't agree with some of the statements doesn't mean I am not a Bear through and through, and will continue to be a Bear till I die. I will support them in every way I can, but I'm not blind to our weaknesses nor do I give excuses for anything.

I hear you just a little as 2008 Henderson was crowning homecoming queens after every away game. This time around is the good times.

Maybe I am stupid, but I have no clue what you are talking about with this statement!!!!!

I'm tired of everybody doubting the bears. You'll see when all this ### talking the bears comes around and bites y'all in the ######. They're good. Do y'all not know that Baugh came from the Longview lobos and was the quarterback coach there for varsity? I'm pretty sure he knows what the hell he's doing. He's been here 2 years and this past year they already were 10 times better than they were with Callaway there. Also 3 or 4 of the other coaches came from Longview with Baugh. And he talks to coach King everyday. Y'all just watch. Just shut up, and watch them win this year.

Did you know that Jeff Traylor is the head coach for Gilmer, I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

3 time state finalist, 2 time state champion, 134-22 record as the Buckeye's HC.

Did you know that Dickey Meeks is the head coach for Henderson, I'm pretty sure he knows that he's doing.

2010 State Champion, 24-5 record since moving to 3A.

Did you know that Thomas Sitton is the head coach for Chapel Hill, I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. back-to-back state finalist. 2011 State Champion, 33-7 record as the Bulldog;s HC.

Did you know that Jeff Traylor is the head coach for Gilmer, I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

3 time state finalist, 2 time state champion, 134-22 record as the Buckeye's HC.

Did you know that Dickey Meeks is the head coach for Henderson, I'm pretty sure he knows that he's doing.

2010 State Champion, 24-5 record since moving to 3A.

Did you know that Thomas Sitton is the head coach for Chapel Hill, I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. back-to-back state finalist. 2011 State Champion, 33-7 record as the Bulldog;s HC.

+1! Lol

Is it coincidence that Baugh left and Lobos Qb threw for more yards tham any other after his departure...just saying

Thats a cheap shot. I am going out on a limb here, but I am pretty sure the Lobos have a little more talent at QB. I am not an expert on Lobo football just an observation.

Is it coincidence that Baugh left and Lobos Qb threw for more yards tham any other after his departure...just saying

That has nothing to do with how good a coach Baugh is. Coach Baugh and his staff have done a fine job with the Bears......just saying!!

Only making light of a Gladewatr fan proclaiming in bold print that Baugh was almighty qb coach at Longview. That is nuthg to hang yur hat on. When he was here our Qb's couldn't throw it in a ocean read defense or nuthg. Now if he took anythg frm being under King it will be classrm disipline speed on defense and running the ball. I hope he does get them turned around...if Henderson can come outta nowhere and win state...y cant Gladewater?

I wouldn't say henderson came out no where. I believe they came out of 4a and i think if I saw it correctly they are one of the largest schools in the district but that probably has nothing to do with it right?

Only making light of a Gladewatr fan proclaiming in bold print that Baugh was almighty qb coach at Longview. That is nuthg to hang yur hat on. When he was here our Qb's couldn't throw it in a ocean read defense or nuthg. Now if he took anythg frm being under King it will be classrm disipline speed on defense and running the ball. I hope he does get them turned around...if Henderson can come outta nowhere and win state...y cant Gladewater?

I don't know who you are that you should be making light of anyone or any team. And why would you think Henderson came out of nowhere?? Please......great players on both sides of the ball. They probably had the best balance (offense and defense) of anyone in the District of Doom, and some great coaching. The had probably the best defensive coaching mind in all of Texas in Coach Little.

Please get your facts straight before you post.....just saying!!

You have to look at the type of RB that Longview had in Baugh's final years there. Tyler McCray was a threat unlike any other on the ground, so why not run the ball. Longview does not have that type of RB now. Last season, under Bivins Caraway & Eric Hawkins, Longview had one of the most lethal QB/WR duo in the area...it would be crazy as hell not to throw the ball most of the time. You fail to mention how much Deontre Wilson was utilized this year at Longview in the back field. He probably had more touchdowns than the receivers did in the 2011 season.

In the 2010 season, Longview had Dmarjai Devine as a wide out and the kid could make plays and catch the ball....go check out what he is doing at TJC now.

The point i'm trying to make is that Baugh had a better running game in his final 2 years in the View due to having great running backs which Longview doesn't have right now. The past 2 seasons, (since Baugh left), the Bos had better receivers than they have had in recent years. So basically, you don't know what you're talking about.

Gladewater will be fine. Their athletic program did not get into this mess over night, therefore they will not get out of it over night. Once the kids cycle from the middle school and become juniors & seniors...lookout!

Chapel Hill had a program established under the guy that left and went to Corsicana, so it wasn't hard for their new coach to come in and keep them on Tempo.

Gilmer has a coach that has been there 10+ years and has established a system that is working.

Henderson has had a coach that has been there for a while and put in a system.

Gladewater is on its 3rd coach since 2005. They have to allow someone to come in and establish a program. All this WIN NOW stuff is unrealistic at a small school 3A. Be patient.....yalls time is coming.

And in reference to COACHMOM07 about the track program....I was asking the same thing!

You have to look at the type of RB that Longview had in Baugh's final years there. Tyler McCray was a threat unlike any other on the ground, so why not run the ball. Longview does not have that type of RB now. Last season, under Bivins Caraway & Eric Hawkins, Longview had one of the most lethal QB/WR duo in the area...it would be crazy as hell not to throw the ball most of the time. You fail to mention how much Deontre Wilson was utilized this year at Longview in the back field. He probably had more touchdowns than the receivers did in the 2011 season.

In the 2010 season, Longview had Dmarjai Devine as a wide out and the kid could make plays and catch the ball....go check out what he is doing at TJC now.

The point i'm trying to make is that Baugh had a better running game in his final 2 years in the View due to having great running backs which Longview doesn't have right now. The past 2 seasons, (since Baugh left), the Bos had better receivers than they have had in recent years. So basically, you don't know what you're talking about.

Gladewater will be fine. Their athletic program did not get into this mess over night, therefore they will not get out of it over night. Once the kids cycle from the middle school and become juniors & seniors...lookout!

Chapel Hill had a program established under the guy that left and went to Corsicana, so it wasn't hard for their new coach to come in and keep them on Tempo.

Gilmer has a coach that has been there 10+ years and has established a system that is working.

Henderson has had a coach that has been there for a while and put in a system.

Gladewater is on its 3rd coach since 2005. They have to allow someone to come in and establish a program. All this WIN NOW stuff is unrealistic at a small school 3A. Be patient.....yalls time is coming.

And in reference to COACHMOM07 about the track program....I was asking the same thing!

Agree with you bro. The only reason I posted what I did was because your boy was comming across as thinking that Gladewater had a coach that was exceptionally better than the other coaches in this district. While I don't doubt that he is good, so are the other coaches. If Gladewater or any other team for that matter wants to take the district crown the one thing they must have for the other coaches is respect. Some of the best coaches in the state are in this district.