Gladewater Football 2012

BearPride6

My bad then Lion I was misinformed. I know chapel Hill lost alot as well as Kilgore lost their running backs and QB. Now knowing Gilmer lost all that I will pick the district as so.

1. Kilgore

2.gilmer

3Henderson

4 Gladewater/Bullard

5Chapel Hill/Spring Hill

When was the last time a team came off of a state championship then got last in their district?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad then Lion I was misinformed. I know chapel Hill lost alot as well as Kilgore lost their running backs and QB. Now knowing Gilmer lost all that I will pick the district as so.

1. Kilgore

2.gilmer

3Henderson

4 Gladewater/Bullard

5Chapel Hill/Spring Hill

Ok

Our 4th place team could be some other teams District champion lol.

So the 4th place team in a 7 team district does not go to the playoffs in 3A. You are right. The 4th place team in this district could win alot of the other districts. Sad

• 2 weeks later...

Just because Gladewater has had a not so great past few years does not mean they can't turn that around and show everybody up this next year. I go to Gladewater high. I know the whole football team. They will probably have the best defense in the district and I know that a lot of kids have joined back in football this year. They have the speed, they have the defense and as long as they work as a family, they will have it together. Not saying they will be like district champions or anything but I am saying they could make it a couple rounds deep in playoffs for sure as long as they don't quit and strive for what the seniors this coming year want..and that's at least one ring on their finger and to bust gilmers ####.

Just because Gladewater has had a not so great past few years does not mean they can't turn that around and show everybody up this next year. I go to Gladewater high. I know the whole football team. They will probably have the best defense in the district and I know that a lot of kids have joined back in football this year. They have the speed, they have the defense and as long as they work as a family, they will have it together. Not saying they will be like district champions or anything but I am saying they could make it a couple rounds deep in playoffs for sure as long as they don't quit and strive for what the seniors this coming year want..and that's at least one ring on their finger and to bust gilmers ####.

Best "D" in the district?...mmmmmmm...maybe it will be the Year of the Bear...the Bux will be made up of Fresh & Sophs...a very young team, a new QB, new skill players (all of the will grad.)...as usual, we will have to struggle to have a 50% "W" this year.

I'm tired of everybody doubting the bears. You'll see when all this ### talking the bears comes around and bites y'all in the ######. They're good. Do y'all not know that Baugh came from the Longview lobos and was the quarterback coach there for varsity? I'm pretty sure he knows what the hell he's doing. He's been here 2 years and this past year they already were 10 times better than they were with Callaway there. Also 3 or 4 of the other coaches came from Longview with Baugh. And he talks to coach King everyday. Y'all just watch. Just shut up, and watch them win this year.

I'm tired of everybody doubting the bears. You'll see when all this ### talking the bears comes around and bites y'all in the ######. They're good. Do y'all not know that Baugh came from the Longview lobos and was the quarterback coach there for varsity? I'm pretty sure he knows what the hell he's doing. He's been here 2 years and this past year they already were 10 times better than they were with Callaway there. Also 3 or 4 of the other coaches came from Longview with Baugh. And he talks to coach King everyday. Y'all just watch. Just shut up, and watch them win this year.

Wow hit a sore spot. Gladwater finishes 6 behind bullard

Lion now you know they beat Henderson last year in B ball but ill stick to the topic. One of the Gilmer posters said Gilmer is losing a lot. I am not familiar with what Bullard or CH have coming back but I know CH lost a few seniors that will be playing at UNT this fall. What does Henderson have. We all know Kilgore is going to be up there. My thing is NO ONE knows this early on but I give the bears as good a shot as any of making the playoffs in that district but it's a homer pick and I understand that.

In basketball probably but remember with Chapel hill, Bullard, & Kilgore coming in the basketball district got extremly harder. Oh and Spring hill there too so good luck with number 4 in basketball too lol!

Thanks for the info. I know GW returns some key players from last years team. I wasn't bragging about the basketball team but they finally have great coach in place and you could def. tell watching them play last season as opposed to seasons past.

Just stating a fact and everybody beat us in basketball so I wouldn't brag about that. Gilmer lost a lot yes , henderson lost just as much. Chapel hill is young but raw and Bullard returns the most talent. Kilgore will be in the hunt but lose a great RB. Gladewater will be competive however.

The last two years the Bears have played a cupcake pre-district before going to district and getting kicked around. I believe 1 district win in 2 years. This year they will go 0-4 in pre-district and have already shut it down before the real beatings begin. Has Gladewater ever gone 1-9? It may be a reality this year. The sad thing is Gladewater may actually be pretty good the only problem is they play 9 good teams this year. Who are their pre-district games I know they play Atlanta and Daingerfield. I remember the other two were tougher teams than they have been playing.

I'm glad you are excited about the upcoming season and the Bear's chances, but let's not put a target on the Bear's backs, nor antagonize teams that have proven themselves and have rings of their own! In your other post you said this upcoming senior class wanted to finish high school with a ring. How many rings do you think any player in the history of the Bears have? I'm glad the players are setting their goals high, and I hope they reach their goals, but wanting a ring doesn't get you a ring. It takes a whole lot of hard work, talent, great coaching, and awesome fan support, but first and foremost it starts with the players themselves. Players with commitment, great attitudes, excellent work ethic, and willing to sacrifice and do whatever it takes to be the best. If you have those qualities in your practices, they will show up on game night, but more than that, they will spill over into your everyday life....in the classroom, and in society. They become who you are!

You say the Bears are 10 times better than they were 3 years ago........ in your opinion, what are the results behind your statement? What differences do you see in the Bears now that weren't there 3 years ago? I agree that their are differences, but I would really like to hear your views.

Lion now you know they beat Henderson last year in B ball but ill stick to the topic. One of the Gilmer posters said Gilmer is losing a lot. I am not familiar with what Bullard or CH have coming back but I know CH lost a few seniors that will be playing at UNT this fall. What does Henderson have. We all know Kilgore is going to be up there. My thing is NO ONE knows this early on but I give the bears as good a shot as any of making the playoffs in that district but it's a homer pick and I understand that.

I think CH had 10 or 11 go to the next level on scholarships

You kidding?!?!?!?!:lol: :lol:

This district is stacked Defensively and the list doesn't start with Gladewater for sure.

Chapel hill, Gilmer, Henderson, Kilgore all have jsut as much if not more speed that Gladewater, no team really has a speed advantage above the others in this district.

If you don't think they can be district champs, then how do you support the state champs comment?

You say the Bears are 10 times better than they were 3 years ago........ in your opinion, what are the results behind your statement? What differences do you see in the Bears now that weren't there 3 years ago? I agree that their are differences, but I would really like to hear your views.

[/quote

I think he suffers from homerism just saying......

Lion, I don't have a problem with homerism per say. I'm a little partial to the Bears also, but I do have a problem with his choice of words (his age weighs in on that one) and I have many problems with using past coaches as excuses for the Bears being 10 times better now as he puts it. No disrespect to Coach Baugh, and his present coaching staff, but many of the changes have to do with the players themselves and their attitudes, and work ethic now as compared to 3 years ago. Coach Callaway and his staff were very good coaches as well as fine men!! Very few, if any of the players that take the field next year, played for Scott Callaway and his staff, so I have a problem with placing blame whe it doesn't belong!!

Lion, I don't have a problem with homerism per say. I'm a little partial to the Bears also, but I do have a problem with his choice of words (his age weighs in on that one) and I have many problems with using past coaches as excuses for the Bears being 10 times better now as he puts it. No disrespect to Coach Baugh, and his present coaching staff, but many of the changes have to do with the players themselves and their attitudes, and work ethic now as compared to 3 years ago. Coach Callaway and his staff were very good coaches as well as fine men!! Very few, if any of the players that take the field next year, played for Scott Callaway and his staff, so I have a problem with placing blame whe it doesn't belong!!

I'm old school Gladewater and firmly believe the coaching staff has alot to do with players attitudes and work ethic. I mean no disrespect to Coach Callaway in any way, he is a good man and has a great family, but under his watch we had way to many attitudes and it spread like a cancer. One thing that I really think is going to turn around Gladewater's program is what they have in place at the junior high now. Coach Clower is an excellant coach and is developing the kids starting in the 6th grade. I see nothing but a bright future for my beloved bears and look forward to watching them this season.