16-3A Baseball

Panther89

http://www.3abaseball.com/13-3A.html

This website shows who they have played & the scores from each game. Looks like they had a rough time with non-district. AND, I have no idea how good their district really is. Crandall(2 seed) is still in and Ferris(3 seed) was knocked out.

Thanks! I visit 3abaseball.com often. I was wondering if anybody on Smoaky had seen them in person.

I think if Carthage plays up to their ability, they will be fine, but you never can tell in High School sports.

Lets go Dawgs!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know anything about Mabank? I looked em over on Maxpreps as much as possible. Looks like they have a pretty good #1 pitcher. Low ERA and lots of K's. Also appears they have some good averages, but don't hit for extra bases.

Anybody seen them play? How stiff was their competition this season?

My understanding is that their #1 pitcher is a southpaw.

the mabank/carthage series was decided by the coinflip, just guessing but I'd think Mabank's coach wanted a 1 game series (Caillet is pretty salty but beyond that there isn't much) since its a 3 game series, again just guessing but the advantage goes heavily to Carthage unless Caillet can pitch games 1&3 but I don't see that happening

Best of luck to Carthage and Spring Hill as they move one step closer to state! Who will be the starters on the mound for SH and Carthage in their respective games tomorrow night?

I believe JayDon Day starts the first game for Carthage Clint Cage the second one.

I hope that this series will be aired on a the radio or something, because I won't be able to be there in Canton to see this wonderful game! Go Panthers!!

Here's the link. If it doesn't work. Go to www.springhill.esc7.net, click on high school, then athletics, scroll down to the audiosports on line football link. The baseball game uses the same link.

http://www.audiosportsonline.net/2011Fall/SpringHill.htm

GO PANTHERS!

One game series is hard

Would someone tell me why it's called a one game "series"? I thought the whole point of a "series" is cause it's multiple games, whether it's best out of 3 or 5 or 7.

16-3a is completely out of the playoffs after the 2nd. round? That is a complete shocker.

Absolutely!!! Never would have thought that coming into the playoffs.

I'm sure both Carthage and SH feel the out come of a 3 game series would've been different, but you have to play the hand you're dealt.

Both teams had a great season!!!

More than likely SH and Carthage would have both prevailed and advanced in a 3 game series vs. the one-gamer. In that scenario, the better teams have the definite advantage. Clearly, SH and Carthage were both highly ranked in 3a, but each lost in the same round to an unranked opponent in a one-game match this weekend. This means one-game matches can be a great equalizer for a contender that is not necessarily the better team, and upsets could occur. This is exactly what happened to SH and Carthage. Still, much to be proud of and great seasons for both teams.