16-3A Baseball

Panther89

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a great game! SH defeats Carthage 7-6 in 9 innings!

SH didn't defeat Carthage. Carthage gave this game away. They gave the last meeting away too. Two errors led to 2 runs in that game, a 2-0 win. This time, it was errors again. All I can say is wow!

SH didn't defeat Carthage. Carthage gave this game away. They gave the last meeting away too. Two errors led to 2 runs in that game, a 2-0 win. This time, it was errors again. All I can say is wow!

Did you forget about the 2 Spring Hill errors in the first? They didnt give anything away! The panthers hit the ball hard all night and finally got a few in later in the game. It was a gutsy performance. These 2 teams played there tails off and put alot of pressure on each other and that is what happens sometimes. PLEASE dont discredit there efforts last night! Methvin did a great job on the mound later in the game to keep the big sticks of Carthage quiet. Joey Hector has these guys fired up and playing very aggresive which causes the opponent to make some errors. He got caught being aggresive a few times but had success in the end. Great game by both teams and i hope we meet again!

Correction...Spring Hill DID defeat Carthage, so you can call it what you want, however you want! SH earned every bit of this game, and if that's too much for you too handle, then I suggest you deal with it! Best of luck to Carthage against Atlanta!

please please carthage made errors and lost the game, springhill is a good team, played very well, and we didnt play to our ability , but that happens dont make carthage fans look shallow by acting this way , good win springhill , but as a true dawg fan i hope we get to resolve this revenge soon

sorry but the first run in 2-0 game scored with runner on 2nd base and Landry Lee single up the middle, scored a hit and RBI, no error. 1 is all it took to win, not sure how errors cost you that one.

Game 1 tonight in Longview:

CARTHAGE 5

ATLANTA 1

JayDon Day pitched a complete game for the Bulldogs.

Atlanta's pitching will not be discussed here.

And why shouldn't we discuss Atlanta's pitching? You're discussing Carthage's pitching, right? If this thread is good enough for Carthage, it's good enough for Atlanta as well!

Both pitchers went the distance (Traylor for Gilmer, Taylor for Paris). Hate to see the high pitch counts, even if it's the playoffs. Just shows how coveted a Game 1 win can be in a best-of-3 series.

Paris junior designated hitter Dakota Smith went 4 for 5 with game-winning RBI single in the 11th.

KBUS, 101.9-FM (easttexasradio.com) is supposed to carry Saturday's game(s).

Carthage over Atlanta 1-0 with an Austin Williford walk off triple! Sweep Atlanta! Clint Cage went the distance on the hill for the Dawgs winning a pitchers duel over Atlanta's Raley!

Dawgs will face Mabank in Mabank Friday at 7:00

Game 2 and 3 if necessary will be in Carthage Saturday at 3:00

Anybody know anything about Mabank? I looked em over on Maxpreps as much as possible. Looks like they have a pretty good #1 pitcher. Low ERA and lots of K's. Also appears they have some good averages, but don't hit for extra bases.

Anybody seen them play? How stiff was their competition this season?

Anybody know anything about Mabank? I looked em over on Maxpreps as much as possible. Looks like they have a pretty good #1 pitcher. Low ERA and lots of K's. Also appears they have some good averages, but don't hit for extra bases.

Anybody seen them play? How stiff was their competition this season?

http://www.3abaseball.com/13-3A.html

This website shows who they have played & the scores from each game. Looks like they had a rough time with non-district. AND, I have no idea how good their district really is. Crandall(2 seed) is still in and Ferris(3 seed) was knocked out.