Whitehouse doesn't extend McFarliin's Contract Past 2012

Smoaky

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Mr. Superintendent. Leaders explain the position they take.

Amen!!!! Who cares about your "Personal" feelings! The question is and should always be, "What is GOOD for KIDS?" And Randy McFarlin is GOOD for KIDS!!!!

He was also the architect of the '89 Chapel Hill state championship team. Need no more than to call Dickey Meeks and ask him. He will tell you that without his offensive expertise the Bulldogs would have never stood a chance. If Im not mistaken he also directed the offense at Lon Morris college for a short time, but his feathers were just too bright for him to make that little money in the JUCO ranks. I really cannot believe he has not landed a big 5A job yet.

O.K. So this is a joke post right??? This is the same guy you want to take the E.F. job that isn't even open....

.500 or below is not a competitor... 29 of those 48 wins were in 3 years that means that he won 19 in the other 5 an average of less than 4 wins per year... yes they did go to the playoffs but again a fourth place finish can do that for you.... and if it is money they can play a lot less than they are paying now for a 3rd or 4th place playoff position..... in other words if finishing .500 is enough and getting into a playoff game is a enough why not pay less for the same product.... if you could buy the same quality car for 75% of the price would that be a bad deal.... if you want to stay around produce winners and truly compete it is not enough to be mediocre.... or maybe it is...

You can poo-poo goin to the playoffs all you want, but when he got there, they hadn't SMELLED playoff in 10 years. When he took this job EVERYONE on this forum said he was crazy and they would NEVER win. He got something done there when no one thought it was possible. And your statistical manipulation reminds me of 0bama and his gang trying to justify throwing away $500 million on solar panels that Chinese can make for $300K.

Bottom line: they were terrible, he came and then they weren't. Now they think they need to go a different direction but don't say why. Typical political/economic move.

Agree with Blueduck. This is not about football. It's about the AD responsibilities. Just because the other sports are having some success doesn't mean that they get the support from the AD that they need. The success goes hand in hand with the schools growth and influx of good athletes that WHS has not had in the past. PE program is also in shambles which I think is also an AD responsibility. Just an observation, things that look successful on the outside are not always the same on the inside.

Agree with Blueduck. This is not about football. It's about the AD responsibilities. Just because the other sports are having some success doesn't mean that they get the support from the AD that they need. The success goes hand in hand with the schools growth and influx of good athletes that WHS has not had in the past. PE program is also in shambles which I think is also an AD responsibility. Just an observation, things that look successful on the outside are not always the same on the inside.

REALLY!?

P.E.!?

Have they not made the playoffs in P.E. lately?!?!?!

P.E. in shambles? You mean those wicked 6,7, and 8th graders won't behave themselves? Shame shame. Explain please.

• 2 months later...

Come on Mr. Superintendent. Leaders explain the position they take.

Yeah, I didn't think you would. What a political mess. And after a man has done what he has at Whitehouse. Thanks for the memories coach. I hope you do pull a great season out and win district. How bad will the administration look after that?

When you have School Board members with kids that play athletics (Whitehouse does - including the president which has had 3) - and they have been complaining that "jr" has not had enough playing time - and members of the board that think they know more about athletics than the coaches - you are destined for failure. Im not convinced the Super is as guilty as the board. I even heard one board member has taken his child out of WISD and put them in private school. If thats true - resign.

When you have School Board members with kids that play athletics (Whitehouse does - including the president which has had 3) - and they have been complaining that "jr" has not had enough playing time - and members of the board that think they know more about athletics than the coaches - you are destined for failure. Im not convinced the Super is as guilty as the board. I even heard one board member has taken his child out of WISD and put them in private school. If thats true - resign.

I don't think board members should be allowed to have a kid in the school system. When they do it becomes personal rather than what is best for the school system. I'm not saying that is the case in this situation.

All I'm looking for is someone to explain why this decision was made. The superintendent has control, so he should explain himself. Must be democrat. LOL

Dude I hear ya.....but you ain't gonna get any answers on here. Why don't you go up to the Supt's office and ask him? Then you can come on here and tell us.

Dude I hear ya.....but you ain't gonna get any answers on here. Why don't you go up to the Supt's office and ask him? Then you can come on here and tell us.

Dude, why don't you coach your defense for the Lions and not worry about what I put on this board?

Dude, why don't you coach your defense for the Lions and not worry about what I put on this board?

First of all....I was only trying to help you out, it is the only way you are getting answers, not being malicious at all. 2nd.....I am not at JT anymore, I'm the Co-DC at Conroe Oak Ridge.

I have a lot of friends on the staff at Whitehouse and because of that I am very interested in what happens there.

First of all....I was only trying to help you out, it is the only way you are getting answers, not being malicious at all. 2nd.....I am not at JT anymore, I'm the Co-DC at Conroe Oak Ridge.

I have a lot of friends on the staff at Whitehouse and because of that I am very interested in what happens there.

Asking the Superintendent is a good idea. It is very common for employers to give their reasons for terminating employees to anyone who comes in and asks. There are no legal restrictions for giving out personal information. Excellent idea.

Asking the Superintendent is a good idea. It is very common for employers to give their reasons for terminating employees to anyone who comes in and asks. There are no legal restrictions for giving out personal information. Excellent idea.

I see what you did there...haha

He was also the architect of the '89 Chapel Hill state championship team. Need no more than to call Dickey Meeks and ask him. He will tell you that without his offensive expertise the Bulldogs would have never stood a chance. If Im not mistaken he also directed the offense at Lon Morris college for a short time, but his feathers were just too bright for him to make that little money in the JUCO ranks. I really cannot believe he has not landed a big 5A job yet.

Now this is good humor

I believe a school board member moved his kid to Brook HIll bc he was not going to start over Hunter Taylor. I wish they would just man up and say what is really going on instead of "going a new direction". What direction is that!!! Sounds like the sup has to much power and the board wont speak up and do something about it.

Yeah....really? So asking on Smoaky is going to get it done?

I dare say that if you are a tax paying member of a school district then you have a better chance of getting an answer by going to the school district than asking on Smoaky. But what do I know, I just am a lowly coach who knows nothing about the school business.