Will the SEC win the championship in all the major sports?.

Lobos2004

I agree just messing with you on the buthurt. Never say never any team is capable it takes great coach thats a good recruiter. Remember even texas was not a power pre mack.

You have officially lost connection with reality. Why don't you GOOGLE what team was the 1st BIG XII Champion and who coached them...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree just messing with you on the buthurt. Never say never any team is capable it takes great coach thats a good recruiter. Remember even texas was not a power pre mack.

But you do realize Texas won NC's before Mack?

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to believe you were being sarcastic. I find it hard to believe that it doesn't make sense to you other Aggies are doing this. I find these things hard to believe seeing as how YOU have it all over your signature.

Pretty sure you got the wrong dude here.

There some bad acorns in every fanbase just saying... For example

524682_383506991681921_100000678712109_1167873_1175106493_n.jpg<DIV class="fsm fwn fcg' class='img' alt='""' /><DIV class="uiAttachmentDesc translationEligibleUserAttachmentMessage"></DIV></DIV>

So, you're admitting to being a bad acorn? LOL

You know what I think is funny about this... Most Aggies could care less about throwing up SECSECSEC but only do it to get under the big fans skin. Even the threads that have nothing to do with the tamu and the sec end up that way because most of the time a big fan ends up posting an secsecsec comment and then all hell breaks loose. Truthfully, MOST Aggies aren't claiming hold to any accomplishments the sec has, but will support the sec because of the stupid comments made by big 12 fans... Like tamu will never win in the sec and the sec is about to wipe them up, yet think that the big 12 is a better football conference because it is "more competitive." It can't be both ways...

In the end, big fans can say they don't care or that they don't think Aggies will ever compete or whatever but I don't buy it. If they truly didn't care we would not be having this convo on 3 out of every 4 topics. But they do care. Just like tamu still cares about what is going on with them.

And as for tamu never winning a title... Play fair. Their baseball team has been top ten for 3 of the last 4 years and this years team is playing very well. It's not unthinkable to see them in the hunt. Football is nowhere close to ready to compete for a national title, but saying they never will is just naive.

You know what I think is funny about this... Most Aggies could care less about throwing up SECSECSEC but only do it to get under the big fans skin. Even the threads that have nothing to do with the tamu and the sec end up that way because most of the time a big fan ends up posting an secsecsec comment and then all hell breaks loose. Truthfully, MOST Aggies aren't claiming hold to any accomplishments the sec has, but will support the sec because of the stupid comments made by big 12 fans... Like tamu will never win in the sec and the sec is about to wipe them up, yet think that the big 12 is a better football conference because it is "more competitive." It can't be both ways...

In the end, big fans can say they don't care or that they don't think Aggies will ever compete or whatever but I don't buy it. If they truly didn't care we would not be having this convo on 3 out of every 4 topics. But they do care. Just like tamu still cares about what is going on with them.

And as for tamu never winning a title... Play fair. Their baseball team has been top ten for 3 of the last 4 years and this years team is playing very well. It's not unthinkable to see them in the hunt. Football is nowhere close to ready to compete for a national title, but saying they never will is just naive.

I know that not all Aggies are doing this. That's why I made a point to say a select few.

As for the NC comment, I understand it's naive to say never. While the comment included the Aggies as a whole, it wasn't meant to be.

what in 1969 come on now thats like me bragging about my 1939 Aggies. Good feat but lets be honest. Pre 2005 Texas was always next years team.

Lion I don't agree with everything you say, but this I do agree with.

I don't understand how Texas fans can bash tamu about looking like they will never win a title, when Texas went nearly 40 years without one. During that time there were times they really struggled and tamu was probably the better program at the time. But things changed from Texas being a annual top 25 team to a annual top 5-10 team with just one coaching hire. Tamu is not far from that spot right now... They are around that 20-40 range on average the last decade. Maybe sumlin is the guy, maybe not but to act like its impossible tamu could ever make that Mack brown hire is foolish. Nobody in their right mind thought a average coach from UNC would lead Texas to a decade of 10+ win seasons and a national title.

what in 1969 come on now thats like me bragging about my 1939 Aggies. Good feat but lets be honest. Pre 2005 Texas was always next years team.

You want to be honest? Okay, then let's be honest.... The NC's Yale won in the late 1800's count. Just because you are anyone else doesn't want to count them doesn't mean they don't. The games were played, the games were won, and regardless who the team is or year (even A&M in '38) the championships do count.

You want to be honest? Okay, then let's be honest.... The NC's Yale won in the late 1800's count. Just because you are anyone else doesn't want to count them doesn't mean they don't. The games were played, the games were won, and regardless who the team is or year (even A&M in '38) the championships do count.

1939 dude, get it right lol. I could care less honestly. I worry about last season until this season starts....

It's hilarious a specific couple of Aggies that continue to try and associate yourselves with the success of the SEC.

Let me enlighten you on something (since you don't seem capable of getting this)....You are STILL in the BIG 12. There is no "Us", there is no "I love being in the SEC", and there is no "We"! Because you are not in the SEC yet so you have contributed absolutely ZERO to their success. But guess what, even when you join on July 1...You will still not have anything to do with their success the last several years. In the time frame you gave, and only in the Big 3 (since you mentioned it), how many times can you show A&M in the same picture as "National Champions"??? So STOP with the non-sense of trying to take credit for someone else's success. You went to college right? So you know that's called plagiarism!

Nobody mentioned Texas A&M in this thread except you with regards to sucess in the SEC. Stop crying. rolleyes.gif

Don't be mad because the SEC is DOMINATING the national championships in the major sports, and just whooped the Big XII in basketball for yet another title.

Nobody mentioned Texas A&M in this thread except you with regards to sucess in the SEC. Stop crying. rolleyes.gif

Don't be mad because the SEC is DOMINATING the national championships in the major sports, and just whooped the Big XII in basketball for yet another title.

I'm not mad. You just had nothing to do with it nor we're you a part of it.

Kentucky beat Kansas. Period. It would take a B12-SEC challenge or at least some kind of all-star game to even attempt to support the claim you are trying to make.

The Big 12 is more competitive. That doesn't mean it is better. The SEC has obvious tiers of talent, while the Big 12 is a bit more gray.

I think the sec is closer than you think, but I agree to a point. There have been 4 different sec champions in the last 5 years. That doesn't happen very often in most conferences. I think the gap between the top 5 teams and the bottom 5 teams is greater than that in the big 12 though....

I think the sec is closer than you think, but I agree to a point. There have been 4 different sec champions in the last 5 years. That doesn't happen very often in most conferences. I think the gap between the top 5 teams and the bottom 5 teams is greater than that in the big 12 though....

You also have to take into account Big 12 is a round robin.

I see it a bit differently. It seems to me that aggie fan hijacks threads and boasts how great they are or will be because they are now a member of the SEC. I see aggie fan refusing to pass up a chance to tell everyone how much better things will be for them now that they have moved to the SEC. I see threads started with just that in mind no matter how nicely the question or post is made.

The bottom line is this, y'all think it was a good move and elevates your team and Big 12 fans think you will struggle and end up like Mississippi State or Kentucky, and that makes for some contentious threads.

Lion I don't agree with everything you say, but this I do agree with.

I don't understand how Texas fans can bash tamu about looking like they will never win a title, when Texas went nearly 40 years without one. During that time there were times they really struggled and tamu was probably the better program at the time. But things changed from Texas being a annual top 25 team to a annual top 5-10 team with just one coaching hire. Tamu is not far from that spot right now... They are around that 20-40 range on average the last decade. Maybe sumlin is the guy, maybe not but to act like its impossible tamu could ever make that Mack brown hire is foolish. Nobody in their right mind thought a average coach from UNC would lead Texas to a decade of 10+ win seasons and a national title.

Yes, but Texas came very close to a NC a time or two during that stretch. Texas and a&m are not comparable

Yes, but Texas came very close to a NC a time or two during that stretch. Texas and a&m are not comparable

You are very wrong.... Tamu finished te regular season undefeated in 1992 and were number 2, but the old bowl games didn't match 1 vs 2 so tamu did not have a chance at a national title. They finished 11-1 in 1993 and were ranked 3rd going into the bowl game. They finished 1994 ranked number 4 at 10-0-1. That's not counting the 1991 season where the ags finished 10-1 regular season ranked 4th.

Point being, the ags were right I'm the title hunt for 4-5 years in the early 90s while Texas was not.

Texas was very strong from about 65-80 but were down from about 80-97. They would have an occasional 9-10 win season, but averaged about 7-8 wins. So my point that tamu was the hotter program from the 80s- 90s is very valid. Had we been playing the BCS style then, they would have had two national title games during the early 90s.

thats fair I think the big 12 is more competive than any other conference besides the sec . The only way to prove it is tcu and west Va can win in a real conference.

Fine, I'll prove my point.

SEC conference records: (I'm not going to bother with team names since that isn't the point.)

8-0

7-1

7-1

6-2

6-2

4-4

---

3-5

2-6

2-6

2-6

1-7

0-8

Big 12

8-1

7-2

6-3

6-3

5-4

---

4-5

4-5

3-6

2-7

0-9

The bottom half of the SEC has a .263 winning %, while the Big 12 sits at .406. This was probably the most competitive year for the SEC in the last few and the least competitive from the Big 12.

Fine, I'll prove my point.

SEC conference records: (I'm not going to bother with team names since that isn't the point.)

8-0

7-1

7-1

6-2

6-2

4-4

---

3-5

2-6

2-6

2-6

1-7

0-8

Big 12

8-1

7-2

6-3

6-3

5-4

---

4-5

4-5

3-6

2-7

0-9

The bottom half of the SEC has a .263 winning %, while the Big 12 sits at .406. This was probably the most competitive year for the SEC in the last few and the least competitive from the Big 12.

This was far from the least competitive year in the big 12...

This was far from the least competitive year in the big 12...

Seeing how in 2010 five of the 12 teams had a league best 6-2 record and no one went winless, in 2009 less than half finished under .500 and in 2009 there were three teams at 7-1, three at 5-3 and again less than half below 400, I think it is fair to say this year was one of the less competitive season in recent years.

I don't see what you Aggies don't understand. When I say competitive, I am not talking about the teams being better than in other conferences. I'm saying as a whole, the gap between talent is not as far a part within the conference.

Seeing how in 2010 five of the 12 teams had a league best 6-2 record and no one went winless, in 2009 less than half finished under .500 and in 2009 there were three teams at 7-1, three at 5-3 and again less than half below 400, I think it is fair to say this year was one of the less competitive season in recent years.

I don't see what you Aggies don't understand. When I say competitive, I am not talking about the teams being better than in other conferences. I'm saying as a whole, the gap between talent is not as far a part within the conference.

I don't know what you sooners don't understand that not all Aggies are grouped in that secsecsec guys...

I think that this year, the big 12 was up for grabs for most of the season. Forget what the records look like... OU, OSU, ksu, and Baylor were all in the hunt until late. Texas and tamu fielded solid teams that simply lost games they probably shouldn't. They entire conference was "competitive" this year to a point where most games were must see. I know the records might not reflect what they used to, but with the round robin schedule they aren't going to. The big is more competitor now than 5 years ago, when it was whoever won the Texas OU game was the easy conference winner. The last two years have seen very competitive play from the middle teams which is something missing in 5 years ago. There isn't a team in the conference go undefeated in 2 straight years, as opposed to 4 out of five undefeated seasons from 2005-2009. The conference is not dominated by one team anymore.

I don't know what you sooners don't understand that not all Aggies are grouped in that secsecsec guys...

I think that this year, the big 12 was up for grabs for most of the season. Forget what the records look like... OU, OSU, ksu, and Baylor were all in the hunt until late. Texas and tamu fielded solid teams that simply lost games they probably shouldn't. They entire conference was "competitive" this year to a point where most games were must see. I know the records might not reflect what they used to, but with the round robin schedule they aren't going to. The big is more competitor now than 5 years ago, when it was whoever won the Texas OU game was the easy conference winner. The last two years have seen very competitive play from the middle teams which is something missing in 5 years ago. There isn't a team in the conference go undefeated in 2 straight years, as opposed to 4 out of five undefeated seasons from 2005-2009. The conference is not dominated by one team anymore.

I wasn't talking about 2005. I said few and made reference of the last three seasons. (I did mean to say 2008 the last time, not 2009). But no, It's Aggies that always get flustered about the competitive thing. Literally everyone on the board understands what people are trying to say, except Aggies. You joined that group when you responded to my comment.

My point is, in recent years, anyone in the Big 12 has been capable of beating anyone. Yes you still have talented teams and bad teams, but it's still up for grabs. Teams are always on upset alert. Where in the SEC, you have your teams that beat everyone, teams that beat the bad teams, and teams that beat only each other.

I wasn't talking about 2005. I said few and made reference of the last three seasons. (I did mean to say 2008 the last time, not 2009). But no, It's Aggies that always get flustered about the competitive thing. Literally everyone on the board understands what people are trying to say, except Aggies. You joined that group when you responded to my comment.

My point is, in recent years, anyone in the Big 12 has been capable of beating anyone. Yes you still have talented teams and bad teams, but it's still up for grabs. Teams are always on upset alert. Where in the SEC, you have your teams that beat everyone, teams that beat the bad teams, and teams that beat only each other.

Look earlier in the thread where I said you are right. The big 12 is more competitive than the the sec. I'm not arguing that. What your too butthurt to see is I'm agreeing with you, I just think te big 12 is more competitive now than in years past. You said this was not a very competitive year and I said I thought it was compared to what the big 12 was compared to 2000-2009.