Spring Hill

TDTed

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the problem there?? Would this not be a good job? very tough district but what else besides that? Just curious

In my humble opinion, and not to upset the SpringHill faithful, I see to many single sport athletes. Not that there is anything wrong with a kid focusing on one sport. But in football, everybody knows you have to have numbers to compete. If a school wants the success of the powers around them, they should look at the model those schools have, then adopt a plan that will fit their school and get everybody on board with the program. If youve got 20 kids in the gym in September, thats too many. You have to get everybody on board, from admin. to parents to teachers willing to do whatever it takes to be sucessful. I know there are people in this district willing to do this, but not enough of them. This, again in my opinion, is a district who struggles for total support, top to bottom.

And now with the loss of some coaches, it will be even tougher for a new man to gather the support he need, top to bottom....

IMO, they are taking coaches from the programs that need more coaches to get the job done. They cannot possibly ask 5-6 coaches to the jobs of 12 or more in 3A football especially in the district they're in.

In my humble opinion, and not to upset the SpringHill faithful, I see to many single sport athletes. Not that there is anything wrong with a kid focusing on one sport. But in football, everybody knows you have to have numbers to compete. If a school wants the success of the powers around them, they should look at the model those schools have, then adopt a plan that will fit their school and get everybody on board with the program. If youve got 20 kids in the gym in September, thats too many. You have to get everybody on board, from admin. to parents to teachers willing to do whatever it takes to be sucessful. I know there are people in this district willing to do this, but not enough of them. This, again in my opinion, is a district who struggles for total support, top to bottom.

And now with the loss of some coaches, it will be even tougher for a new man to gather the support he need, top to bottom....

Very good analysis. What you've stated and too few coaches makes this a tough job. We are going to need a strong personality for the next AD/Head FB coach

Agreed! Couldn't of said it any better !

Doubt there were too many applicants for this one.

Actually, there have been quite a lot coaches trying to get this job! Try not to be so be so negative about SHISD, because it's a great school!

Doubt there were too many applicants for this one.

Actually, there have been quite a lot coaches trying to get this job! Try not to be so be so negative about SHISD, because it's a great school!

Outside looking in............this is one of the worst jobs in East Texas, unless the administration make some changes to allow football to build a program. When Steve Gaddis was there things ran his way and his way only. Football was strong and so were the other sports. It has to start with football though. If it doesn't they will continue to suffer.

Not trying to be pessimist, just a realist. Having 60 to seventy applicants is not a good sample. There needs to be twice that many. And Spring Hill is a good school. Its just not better than everybody else.

Very good analysis. What you've stated and too few coaches makes this a tough job. We are going to need a strong personality for the next AD/Head FB coach

You can't be an AD in 3A on personality alone. If they really expect that job to be done successfully with a 6 man staff, they are completely out of their minds.

No offense to the SH faithful.

You can't be an AD in 3A on personality alone. If they really expect that job to be done successfully with a 6 man staff, they are completely out of their minds.

The "SH faithful" agree with you 110%, or at least this one does.

It's the ones making the decsions who might not recognize the reality of your comment. Not just football, but all the sports programs are going to take a hit and our success in those along with it.

Word from a source:

down to final 16, . Starting tuesday (i think) each candidate will have 30 minutes to come to committee and sell themselves.

3 in house coaches applied and none made cut. hearing board or committee wants outside guy to come in and build a state champiopnship tradition. Im implying the in house guys must be gone?? purely speculation.

name i have heard (and rumor was he was at track meet) is Chadwick from OC??

Problem in spring is lack of a tax base! Bottom line! Very small district size wise and area for commercial or retail growth probably ever. It's real big homes or real small homes or duplexes. There is no money for the type of staff and facilities spring hill wants. Just not there. Taxes already high there. What's the answer?consolidate with another district? Might be only way out entually. Same for pine tree. Tax base is on eastern side of town. Hope works out.

Word from a source:

down to final 16, . Starting tuesday (i think) each candidate will have 30 minutes to come to committee and sell themselves.

3 in house coaches applied and none made cut. hearing board or committee wants outside guy to come in and build a state champiopnship tradition. Im implying the in house guys must be gone?? purely speculation.

name i have heard (and rumor was he was at track meet) is Chadwick from OC??

Championship program with 5 coaches in 3a I personally dont see that happening no time soon

Hopefully that is not all you came away with from my post. The lack of coaches has been discussed a lot. I was simply saying SH will need a coach that the kids will want to play for and also can take on the board and admin office to get some relief. Easier said than done, hence he needs a strong personality.