Spring Hill Pitching Decisions

Bev

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off were is it written that someone can't question a coaching decision. I ask this question does almost only count in horseshoes and hand grenades. It almost worked you people said it Bev nor I did. His question was what people thought of the decision. He at no time ran Coach Hector in the ground nor did he call him out. Coach leave your feelings at home. I assume you are a good coach from the backing you get on here and I love that your fans support you. I feel people need to relax and have an honest debate about the question at hand. I played at Carthage under Coach Lee and under no circumstance would we have went into a game against a team like Spring Hill without 1 or 2 going. Now if it was a tournament yes but not the 1st game against Carthage in district. You first should win the district title to set yourself up for the playoffs. Now if this kid that pitched is his number two and he just hasn't been ready thats fine. I am not here to say what you have or don't have on your team in the way of pitchers. I am just saying this is a good topic to debate. I felt your comments where not appropriate to the discussion Coach. Why didn't you just explain why you did what you did instead of calling the man gutless. All of you will now come on here and say "He should have called the coach or sent him and email!" Well thats rediculous. This is a sports forum for discussing sports topics. So lets discuss and not belitttle a man for asking a very simple strait forward question. Oh and Coach my name is Danny Leach and if you want to call me or meet me for breakfast I will try to be at the next game between Carthage and Spring Hill. Hope to see you there.

I have never commented on this site before, but I have read post for the last few years. And this may be the only time that I do so…. I know Coach Hector personally and he is a great guy and an EXCELLENT baseball coach. He puts his team in position to win EVERY YEAR! – It is horrible that someone can start a forum like this and bash a good man and a great coach without even knowing the situation. Let the man do his job!!

Ok first off were is it written that someone can't question a coaching decision. I ask this question does almost only count in horseshoes and hand grenades. It almost worked you people said it Bev nor I did. His question was what people thought of the decision. He at no time ran Coach Hector in the ground nor did he call him out. Coach leave your feelings at home. I assume you are a good coach from the backing you get on here and I love that your fans support you. I feel people need to relax and have an honest debate about the question at hand. I played at Carthage under Coach Lee and under no circumstance would we have went into a game against a team like Spring Hill without 1 or 2 going. Now if it was a tournament yes but not the 1st game against Carthage in district. You first should win the district title to set yourself up for the playoffs. Now if this kid that pitched is his number two and he just hasn't been ready thats fine. I am not here to say what you have or don't have on your team in the way of pitchers. I am just saying this is a good topic to debate. I felt your comments where not appropriate to the discussion Coach. Why didn't you just explain why you did what you did instead of calling the man gutless. All of you will now come on here and say "He should have called the coach or sent him and email!" Well thats rediculous. This is a sports forum for discussing sports topics. So lets discuss and not belitttle a man for asking a very simple strait forward question. Oh and Coach my name is Danny Leach and if you want to call me or meet me for breakfast I will try to be at the next game between Carthage and Spring Hill. Hope to see you there.

I see you are following in your fathers footsteps, learned a great deal from his writing when I was editor of sports at Panola. I believe that you would have to have read many other posts by Bev to undertsand that it was not a discussion that he was looking for. He was looking to get things stirred up and that is what he got. Some on here have great attitudes and try to get insight on certain subjects, other just try to stir the pot. Why would someone from Carthage be worried about what the Springhill coach does or does not do. I could see this post coming from someone from Springhill, but someone from an opposing team is just trying to start something.

[/qu

I see you are following in your fathers footsteps, learned a great deal from his writing when I was editor of sports at Panola. I believe that you would have to have read many other posts by Bev to undertsand that it was not a discussion that he was looking for. He was looking to get things stirred up and that is what he got. Some on here have great attitudes and try to get insight on certain subjects, other just try to stir the pot. Why would someone from Carthage be worried about what the Springhill coach does or does not do. I could see this post coming from someone from Springhill, but someone from an opposing team is just trying to start something.

I agree if you read Bev older post he has made on the site he is from Carthage Not SPRING HILL. The people from SH back Coach Hector 100%.

Danny,

I also enjoyed reading Ted in the Panola Watchman, and I played in many baseball games in which he umpired. He loved sports, and many of us miss him.

As LilEagle referenced, I had some fun a couple of months ago with the Tatum posters regarding their favorable outcome in the UIL's most recent realignment. My "fun" in February has now apparently cost me the ability to start a serious discussion on this site. As I commented to someone yesterday, this was a legitimate topic and I have to conclude that the reason it wasn't treated as such is due to the fact that I was the one who initiated it. Guess I'll either have to be content with only having fun on this site or changing my name. BTW, "Bev" is my first name; I'm not hiding behind that name, despite what some have written.

As I suggested yesterday, I believe the best thing would be for this thread to now die.

Danny,

I also enjoyed reading Ted in the Panola Watchman, and I played in many baseball games in which he umpired. He loved sports, and many of us miss him.

As LilEagle referenced, I had some fun a couple of months ago with the Tatum posters regarding their favorable outcome in the UIL's most recent realignment. My "fun" in February has now apparently cost me the ability to start a serious discussion on this site. As I commented to someone yesterday, this was a legitimate topic and I have to conclude that the reason it wasn't treated as such is due to the fact that I was the one who initiated it. Guess I'll either have to be content with only having fun on this site or changing my name. BTW, "Bev" is my first name; I'm not hiding behind that name, despite what some have written.

As I suggested yesterday, I believe the best thing would be for this thread to now die.

Would you be the Mr. Bev Brown who was the owner-manager of KGAS until 1988.

Danny you are as bad as BEV if you don't see how that was a shot at Coach Hector. If Bev has a question go say it to Hector not on a forum. Just cause this is a forum doesn't give you the right try and low ball a coach. (Which he was trying to do by questioning the coach on a forum)

I'm sure high school coaches want to sit around all day fielding calls from random people about their coaching decisions. Please, if everyone called the coach instead of posting or talking about it with others, the phOne wouldn't stop ringing. Questioning coaching decisions happens all the time, at every level. It's part of the game. Get some thicker skin.

I bet there is an entire thread on the MLB forums about Ron washington's coaching decisions. Maybe all those guys should just call him. If people want to get on here and wonder about coaching decisions or the like, let em! Hopefully the people who run Spring Hill's athletic program aren't going to get on smoaky and say "Hey, why didn't Coach Hector throw his #1 against Carthage? We should fire that guy." if Bev were in fact to get the man fired, that would just be ridiculous.

I got no problems with his decision. He knows his team. His kid pitched well. I do feel like maybe some of you should calm down.

When you start paying high school coaches the money that Washington gets paid then criticize away! Until then if you don't like it go get your degree, certification, get a job work thru the ladder to get to his spot and see what you think then.

I have no problem with anybody questioning a coach's decision or disagreeing with it. But just remember how would you feel it we came to your work and questioned everything you did. I have never met a coach that does not do everything he/she can to put their kids in the best situation to win. So the coach's plan/idea didn't work out...who cares!!!! We all have great idea's or plans that don't work out...it's part of life...move on!!!

It comes with the territory, don't be so thin skinned. Why should the guy care so much about a smoaky poster if he's as great as everyone is saying? Sounds insecure to me

Insecure does NOT describe Hector. Passionate about what he does but not insecure.

When you start paying high school coaches the money that Washington gets paid then criticize away! Until then if you don't like it go get your degree, certification, get a job work thru the ladder to get to his spot and see what you think then.

That's a ridiculous post.

He's still responsible to somebody for what he does. And unlike Ron Washington, who is held accountable by team owners, he is held accountable by the town he coaches for. That's just the way it is. If there were no expectations to win, then I guess they could run anyone out there to coach. But in the end, his job is to put his kids in the best position to win and teach them how to play the game. I believe that he is doing that, but don't act like nobody can question a high school coach because he doesn't make millions of dollars.

Again, to clarify, I am not for bashing a coach. But I do believe we can have a discussion about coaching decisions and whether or not we agree with them. I believe Coach Hector's resume speaks for itself.

I think we are in the right place to have these conversations. Hopefully nobody is on here to try and get a coach fired or to further there agenda. I can understand it would be very hard to have to read some of the things people say about your coaching, but it sounds to me like the majority of people on here, and more importantly EVERYBODY from Spring Hill, thinks that Coach Hector is a great coach. As long as he has that going for him, he shouldn't have any problems.

• 3 weeks later...