Rose Stadium turf

cujoforlife

Trust me when I say me AND MANY other JT supportters are EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED by this development, I think IF TISD builds the new "state of the art" track complex at JT THE RIGHT WAY the JT community will slowly get pass this DISREPECTFUL ACTION by this tone-death school board we have in this city. They say "time heals all wounds" and that "change is the name of the game", but there is always a RIGHT AND WRONG ways to present things and they totally didn't do that in this process. They need to be VERY afraid for their bond proposal in november.

true, but this is what TISD wants to do. so we have to go with it.

That's true, but what good is a 5-lane track? Rose Stadium is locked up tight as a drum unless an event is being held there, so we know the public doesn't exercise there. We know that track meets will not be held there...not enough lanes. So what is the purpose in having a five lane track? Why would they spend the money on keeping it? Are they going to "re-curb" the inside lanes after the new field is done? If so, Why?........everything ultimately flows thru the freakin Rose Festival.

That's true, but what good is a 5-lane track? Rose Stadium is locked up tight as a drum unless an event is being held there, so we know the public doesn't exercise there. We know that track meets will not be held there...not enough lanes. So what is the purpose in having a five lane track? Why would they spend the money on keeping it? Are they going to "re-curb" the inside lanes after the new field is done? If so, Why?........everything ultimately flows thru the freakin Rose Festival.

True. I understand why TISD wants to add a soccer field. TISD has for the longest time had the games at the Schools. when i played soccer at JT I hated playing on that field. after having the Middle school, and Freshman and JV football teams playing on it. It was a walking nightmare. with the JT soccer team getting better being in 4a the fan base is going to grow.

I agree.

How so? Just want to know why,

The revenue that will be generated from soccer games will out number the track meets 100-1 in a yrs time. The track can't even hold a district meet which makes it useless for the district. One track meet held there isn't worry the amount of money to fix it(take away bleacher space) no matter if the meet is named after Christopher Columus himself.

The real "prob" or "situation" is will the rel folks get upset about them not getting no on campus updates.

Also Tyler needs to rename a street after the great Ceasar Chavez also IMO. He was a great leader that stood up for his people that organized and brought awareness to the workers rights of that era.

The revenue that will be generated from soccer games will out number the track meets 100-1 in a yrs time. The track can't even hold a district meet which makes it useless for the district. One track meet held there isn't worry the amount of money to fix it(take away bleacher space) no matter if the meet is named after Christopher Columus himself.

The real "prob" or "situation" is will the rel folks get upset about them not getting no on campus updates.

Also Tyler needs to rename a street after the great Ceasar Chavez also IMO. He was a great leader that stood up for his people that organized and brought awareness to the workers rights of that era.

Good post.

How many home soccer games could you host? 8 or 10? No way a few track meets won't out revenue those 8 or 10 soccer games...

How many home soccer games could you host? 8 or 10? No way a few track meets won't out revenue those 8 or 10 soccer games...

One track meet per year would make more than a years worth of soccer games. Attendance and concessions are not even worth comparing.

According to the TEA website, Jt is 56% hispanic and 41% African American. Based on these numbers, it could be very reasonably argued that the majority of the student popultation at JT has a strong cultural connection with Soccer. The stadium serves more than one school with football being the primary use. As is, the space between the sideline and the track is unsafe (hence the recent addition of the black pads around the field). They could have taken out a lot of concrete, re-worked the seating down low, changed the entrance ramps, and kept the track. But that would have significantly increased the cost of the project. They could have left it as is and still had a track that was too small and an unsafe field. Or, they could do what they have elected to do (which has nothing to do with race so why was the NAACP involved?), and made the right improvements at the right price to serve the largest number of kids, fans, and community members.

PS...anyone who would vote against the bond issue because of this is very myopic and selfish. The "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" mentality is very immature!

According to the TEA website, Jt is 56% hispanic and 41% African American. Based on these numbers, it could be very reasonably argued that the majority of the student popultation at JT has a strong cultural connection with Soccer. The stadium serves more than one school with football being the primary use. As is, the space between the sideline and the track is unsafe (hence the recent addition of the black pads around the field). They could have taken out a lot of concrete, re-worked the seating down low, changed the entrance ramps, and kept the track. But that would have significantly increased the cost of the project. They could have left it as is and still had a track that was too small and an unsafe field. Or, they could do what they have elected to do (which has nothing to do with race so why was the NAACP involved?), and made the right improvements at the right price to serve the largest number of kids, fans, and community members.

PS...anyone who would vote against the bond issue because of this is very myopic and selfish. The "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" mentality is very immature!

+1.

JT has been known as the black high school of Tyler. And it will always be that way.

JT has been known as the black high school of Tyler. And it will always be that way.

If you live past 2020, you'll know nearly every public school in Texas as the Hispanic school...and that's just the way it is!

well as of right now that's how it is.

As of right now, it's 56% hispanic and they just got em a soccer field! If they will go vote, they'll get them some new Jr. High's too...and the construction company will hire them to build them.

At least the soccer team is going to be "tough". Lol.

this i know. I'm glad that it is.

As of right now, it's 56% hispanic and they just got em a soccer field! If they will go vote, they'll get them some new Jr. High's too...and the construction company will hire them to build them.

ok