TRAYVON MARTIN THREAD

RETIREDFAN1

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter if its right or wrong to you, its his right to use that word to describe whats going on without your approval. Sorta like using the word "rape" would that have been better in your mind?

Straw, did I say he couldn't used that word? This was my original response to that article:

snapback.pngJTFAN99, on 09 June 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Lynching is a bit extreme. Im sure many civil rights leaders would agree.

Then Kirt replied:

snapback.pngKirtFalcon, on 11 June 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

I see the article wen't right over your head. LOL

He IS being lynched right now by the liberal media and the racially motivated "so called" civil rights leaders.

You actually thought it was calling for his lynching? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then I replied:

snapback.pngJTFAN99, on 13 June 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Lynching is an extajudical execution carried out by a mob, often by hanging, but also by burning at the state or shooting, in order to punish an alleged transgressor, or to intimidate, control, or otherwise manipulate a population of people.

Kirt, maybe you need to take a break from posting. I read the entire article sir. Yes, maybe Zimmerman is guilty by some before the hearing the trial. And that is unfair. Im actually guilty of that myself. But its not LYNCHING. NO one has hung Zimmerman from a tree. He hasn't been killed. Ask the family of Emmett Till what Lynching is.

Getting and unfair judgement before a trial is not LYNCHING. Its WRONG, but it ain't LYNCHING.

Is there anywhere in my response where I said he couldn't use the word. NO!!!! What I said was that LYNCHING IS A BIT EXTREME. You are well within your rights to say anything, but what is happening to Zimmerman is not LYNCHING or RAPE. Now I agree we (including myself) are VICTIMIZING,TRAMPLING, MISJUDGING, MISTREATING, AND ETC. Zimmerman, because in America you are innocent until proven Guility. So I am guilty. But Zimmerman is not being lynched. I understand the writer is saying his Character is being lynched, but given the racial tension, and the history with the word LYNCH in this country, I think that was too extreme of a word to use. That is all I am saying STRAW. Nothing wrong with the article, I just think he should have use another word, that wasn't so extreme.

Voice stress lie detection has not faired too well as reliable in studies. I hope he doesn't depend on the results for an aquittal.

March 30, 2006 — A Pentagon study obtained by ABC News finds that a new kind of voice lie detector used by the U.S. military and American police departments is no better than "flipping a coin" in detecting lies. Until the Pentagon ordered a halt to its use, the Voice Stress Analyzer was being used by military intelligence interrogators at Guantanamo Bay and in Iraq. Several suspected terrorists were released from custody based on the machine's results and former Iraqi deputy prime minister Tariz Aziz was one of the many "high value targets" who were hooked up to the now discredited machine.

Brenner, M., Branscomb, H., & Schwartz, G. E. (1979). Psychological stress evaluator: Two tests of a vocal measure. Psychophysiology, 16(4), 351-357.

Conclusion: "Validity of the analysis for practical lie detection is questionable"

Cestaro, V.L. (1995). A Comparison Between Decision Accuracy Rates Obtained Using the Polygraph Instrument and the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA) in the Absence of Jeopardy. (DoDPI95-R-0002). Fort McClellan, AL: Department of Defense Polygraph Institute.

Conclusion: Accuracy was not significantly greater than chance for the CVSA.

DoDPI Research Division Staff, Meyerhoff, J.L., Saviolakis, G.A., Koenig M.L., & Yourick, D.L. (In press). Physiological and Biochemical Measures of Stress Compared to Voice Stress Analysis Using the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA). (DoDPI01-R-0001). Department of Defense Polygraph Institute.

Conclusion: Direct test of the CVSA against medical markers for stress (blood pressure, plasma ACTH, salivary cortisol) found that CVSA examiners could not detect known stress. This project was a collaborative effort with Walter Reed Army Institute of Research.

Fuller, B.F. (1984). Reliability and validity of an interval measure of vocal stress. Psychological Medicine, 14(1), 159-166

Conclusion: Validity of voice stress measures was poor.

Janniro, M. J., & Cestaro, V. L. (1996). Effectiveness of Detection of Deception Examinations Using the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer. (DoDPI95-P-0016). Fort McClellan, AL : Department of Defense Polygraph Institute.

DTIC AD Number A318986.

Conclusion: Chance-level detection of deception using the CVSA as a voice stress device.

Hollien, H., Geison, L., & Hicks, J. W., Jr. (1987). Voice stress analysis and lie detection. Journal of Forensic Sciences, 32(2), 405-418.

Conclusions: Chance-level detection of stress. Chance-level detection of lies.

Horvath, F. S. (1978). An experimental comparison of the psychological stress evaluator and the galvanic skin response in detection of deception. Journal of Applied Psychology, 63(3), 338-344.

Conclusion: Chance-level detection of deception.

Horvath, F. S. (1979). Effect of different motivational instructions on detection of deception with the psychological stress evaluator and the galvanic skin response. Journal of Applied Psychology, 64(3, June), 323-330.

Conclusion: Voice stress did not detect deception greater than chance.

Kubis, J. F. (1973). Comparison of Voice Analysis and Polygraph As Lie Detection Procedures. (Technical Report No. LWL-CR-03B70, Contract DAAD05-72-C-0217). Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD: U.S. Army Land Warfare Laboratory.

Conclusion: Chance-level detection of deception for voice analysis.

Lynch, B. E., & Henry, D. R. (1979). A validity study of the psychological stress evaluator. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, 11(1), 89-94.

Conclusion: Chance level detection of stress using the voice.

O'Hair, D., Cody, M. J., & Behnke, R. R. (1985). Communication apprehension and vocal stress as indices of deception. The Western Journal of Speech Communication, 49, 286-300.

Conclusions: Only one subgroup showed a detection rate significantly better than chance, and it did so by the thinnest of margins. Use of questionable statistical methods in this study suggests the modest positive findings would not be replicated in other research. See next citation.

O'Hair, D., Cody, M. J., Wang, S., & Chao, E. Y. (1990). Vocal stress and deception detection among Chinese. Communication Quarterly, 38(2, Spring), 158ff.

Conclusion: Partial replication of above study. Vocal scores were not related to deception.

Suzuki, A., Watanabe, S., Takeno, Y., Kosugi, T., & Kasuya, T. (1973). Possibility of detecting deception by voice analysis. Reports of the National Research Institute of Police Science, 26(1, February), 62-66.

Conclusion: Voice measures were not reliable or useful.

Timm, H. W. (1983). The efficacy of the psychological stress evaluator in detecting deception. Journal of Police Science and Administration, 11(1), 62-68.

Conclusion: Chance-level detection of deception.

Waln, R. F., & Downey, R. G. (1987). Voice stress analysis: Use of telephone recordings. Journal of Business and Psychology , 1(4), 379-389.

Conclusions: Voice stress methodology did not show sufficient reliability to warrant its use as a selection procedure for employment.

So if Zimmerman passing the test doesn't help his case, would having failed the same test that night have hurt his case? The media would have sure used a failed test against Zimmerman if that had been the result, regardless of how inaccurate the test is supposed to be.

If these "lie detector" tests aren't accurate, then they shouldn't be purchasing the equipment to begin with. It's a waste of taxpayers money. I know the law was changed in regards to lie detectors back in the 80's, but before that if one failed one, they could lose their job or be imprisoned.