Ivan Rodriguez to retire

Valhalla

He was Mr. Ranger for the 90s. A Hall of Famer. The whispers of steroid abuse along with the circumstantial evidence of having played with known users may hold him back like Jeff Bagwell. Begin my rant. Bud Selig should have been fired a long time ago for allowing this. After the strike him and the owners turned a "blind" eye because the homers brought the crowds back. Bud Selig is a crook who has done nothing but lay waste to the integrity of the game. His greed and ego is massive, his power secure. End rant.

A huge tip of the hat to a guy who played the game the right way with the joy and enthusiasm of a little boy. Awesome to see the Rangers are making sure he retires at home at The Ballpark where he belongs. He'll go into the HOF as a Good Guy. Thanks, old friend, and you'll always be nailing some poor runner at 2B by 20 feet in our memories!

He was Mr. Ranger for the 90s. A Hall of Famer. The whispers of steroid abuse along with the circumstantial evidence of having played with known users may hold him back like Jeff Bagwell. Begin my rant. Bud Selig should have been fired a long time ago for allowing this. After the strike him and the owners turned a "blind" eye because the homers brought the crowds back. Bud Selig is a crook who has done nothing but lay waste to the integrity of the game. His greed and ego is massive, his power secure. End rant.

One of the best posts EVER. Very very well said!!!!!! I always said the MLB did the three wise monkeys. See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil.

Pudge will be a first-ballot HOFer. I have no doubt about that. To me, this "guilt by association" stuff is just a load of Obama.

Without even taking into consideration the fact that he is easily one of the two best defensive catchers of all time, just look at his offensive accomplishments.

From @Buster_ESPN:

Pudge is 1 of 5 players in HISTORY with a .290 avg., 2500 hits, 550 doubles, 300 HRs, and 1300 RBI.

The other four? Ruth, Aaron, Brett, and Bonds

If he's not the epitome of a first-ballot HOF'er, then the Hall of Fame should close its doors.

A huge tip of the hat to a guy who played the game the right way with the joy and enthusiasm of a little boy. Awesome to see the Rangers are making sure he retires at home at The Ballpark where he belongs. He'll go into the HOF as a Good Guy. Thanks, old friend, and you'll always be nailing some poor runner at 2B by 20 feet in our memories!

I'll never forget the first time I saw that happen. The runner couldn't slide, being so far from the base, and didn't know what the heck to do.

Pudge will be a first-ballot HOFer. I have no doubt about that. To me, this "guilt by association" stuff is just a load of Obama.

Without even taking into consideration the fact that he is easily one of the two best defensive catchers of all time, just look at his offensive accomplishments.

From @Buster_ESPN:

Pudge is 1 of 5 players in HISTORY with a .290 avg., 2500 hits, 550 doubles, 300 HRs, and 1300 RBI.

The other four? Ruth, Aaron, Brett, and Bonds

If he's not the epitome of a first-ballot HOF'er, then the Hall of Fame should close its doors.

+1

I'll never forget the first time I saw that happen. The runner couldn't slide, being so far from the base, and didn't know what the heck to do.

Don't forget all the pick offs at 1st base. Pudge IMO was the best modern era catcher.