Chadwick named Spring Hill football coach

24sports7

According to KLTV, former Ore City coach, Bobby Chadwick, was named today as the new head football coach at Spring Hill High School.

According to another thread, Coach Chadwick was re-assigned at Ore City! What were those circumstances, and is he the right choice to turn Spring Hill around?

According to another thread, Coach Chadwick was re-assigned at Ore City! What were those circumstances, and is he the right choice to turn Spring Hill around?

I know that coach has turned around the ore city program. Spring hill needs to get out of the district of doom before they start turning stuff around

Not impressed. He certainly deserves a fair shake, but 20-21, 30-38-1, with one playoff appearance and a " one and done" vs Paul Pewitt hardly deserves a parade.

He gets to bring one Asst Coach, and can't expand the staff. Sounds like a program that isn't committed to hiring a top notch guy or giving him a real chance. And sounds like a guy who will take those terms knowing he has little chance of success. In this district, he will be faced with more challenges than he ever thought about at OC.

Why can programs like Gilmer, Carthage, Henderson, and Chapel Hill afford 12 plus assts, and SH can just have 5? Not enough butter to spread over the bread.

When in OC (enrollment about200) they played Dfield, jefferson, Hughes Springs, all close to double their enrollment for 2 years. Competed as well as anyone. The past 2 still played much larger schools in both size and enrollment. His kids competed. Hopefully the SH folks will get behind him and stay that way... unlike OC

Not impressed. He certainly deserves a fair shake, but 20-21, 30-38-1, with one playoff appearance and a " one and done" vs Paul Pewitt hardly deserves a parade.

He gets to bring one Asst Coach, and can't expand the staff. Sounds like a program that isn't committed to hiring a top notch guy or giving him a real chance. And sounds like a guy who will take those terms knowing he has little chance of success. In this district, he will be faced with more challenges than he ever thought about at OC.

Why can programs like Gilmer, Carthage, Henderson, and Chapel Hill afford 12 plus assts, and SH can just have 5? Not enough butter to spread over the bread.

It's called state funding cuts, and they hit SH hard. We don't have the tax base of a lot of businesses, just houses. You can only squeeze so many people into 9.12 sqare miles. There is no "extra" money in the budget. A town hall meeting will be held soon to hear from the residents on ways to increase revenue for the district, i.e. allowing transfers (for a fee) or raising taxes. We will see what happens.

1334981985[/url]' post='1708937']

It's called state funding cuts, and they hit SH hard. We don't have the tax base of a lot of businesses, just houses. You can only squeeze so many people into 9.12 sqare miles. There is no "extra" money in the budget. A town hall meeting will be held soon to hear from the residents on ways to increase revenue for the district, i.e. allowing transfers (for a fee) or raising taxes. We will see what happens.

Agree....spring hill is a fluff but no meat to itself......no money only at all! No tax base other than a few fancy neighborhoods....I lived there recently and moved to Longview Sid...the demographics will be changing soon also a bit....people moved there to get away from the real world, but it's funny how it's following them!money problems and facts of being a diverse state ethnic wise....allowing transfers is funny! How it's changed for the almighty dollar!

Agree....spring hill is a fluff but no meat to itself......no money only at all! No tax base other than a few fancy neighborhoods....I lived there recently and moved to Longview Sid...the demographics will be changing soon also a bit....people moved there to get away from the real world, but it's funny how it's following them!money problems and facts of being a diverse state ethnic wise....allowing transfers is funny! How it's changed for the almighty dollar!

I wholeheartedly believe this is still a great school. Our academics, music and athletic programs do well every year. We were district champs in UIL Academics, had Sweepstakes Band and lead over all in the sports competition. It's not all about football. Our kids work hard at everything. It's not just handed to them. It is what it is as far as cuts and we are dealing with it the best we can.

1335011929[/url]' post='1708964']

I wholeheartedly believe this is still a great school. Our academics, music and athletic programs do well every year. We were district champs in UIL Academics, had Sweepstakes Band and lead over all in the sports competition. It's not all about football. Our kids work hard at everything. It's not just handed to them. It is what it is as far as cuts and we are dealing with it the best we can.

Agree to that, but are not better than any other district or unique......I believe people see spring hill as thinking they are above others in the area.....perception tends to be reality.

He got Reasigned bc of the girls program not producing

He may have got reasigned because word had it he was going to get the Spring Hill job and they were not happy he was leaving.

Wanted to make it look like they made the move first.

Chadwick has the background to coach in a larger district. I think this is a refreshing move by Spring Hill and the Kids will be the real winners. I am glad somebody is showing some brains around here. Kudos to the folks who picked this guy. Great job!!!!

Great job by SH this time to stay with a local coach who knows what he is getting into. The last time this job was open the board looked for a hero and the hero was looking for any job, any job. If you hire someone from out of East Texas they more than likely do not know how competitive and well coached East Texas football is. They think that the spread offense and their experience in the Metroplex will outcoach these hillbilly coaches in East Texas. Coach Chadwick knows what to expect and will develop the Jr. High where SH has been losing kids. Give him more than 3 or 4 years and SH will be on track. Anything expectations before that by the board and you will go through the hiring process a few more times. Congrats Coach Chadwick and SH.

He may have got reasigned because word had it he was going to get the Spring Hill job and they were not happy he was leaving.

Wanted to make it look like they made the move first.

Boy,you are reaching here. Considering that theHC at SH had not resigned when Chadwick was reassigned at OC.

And then a lot of your cronies from SH predicted some out of town guru was gonna get this job.

I think you are out of touch with how this job got filled, much less with reality...

I think this is a great hire for Spring Hill. I know anyone taking that job is in for an up hill battle but coach Chadwick is certainly not afraid. There is so much talk about being able to compete in the "District of Doom" but he coached in a pretty tough 2a district as well. I know one thing whoever takes for Ore City will be inheriting a very competitive boy's program thanks to Coach Chadwick. Everyone at Spring Hill just needs to give the man time to build his program which shouldn't take long given Spring Hill has competed well in all other sports other than football in recent years.

I think this is a great hire for Spring Hill. I know anyone taking that job is in for an up hill battle but coach Chadwick is certainly not afraid. There is so much talk about being able to compete in the "District of Doom" but he coached in a pretty tough 2a district as well. I know one thing whoever takes for Ore City will be inheriting a very competitive boy's program thanks to Coach Chadwick. Everyone at Spring Hill just needs to give the man time to build his program which shouldn't take long given Spring Hill has competed well in all other sports other than football in recent years.

Every time a coach is hired, the usual things are said. "great hire", " he will get it turned around", etc. I know nothing of Chadwick, I know Poe was one heck of a coach. " It's hard to win a gun fight with a Pea Shooter." Spring Hill has good looking athletes, but not even close to Chapel Hill, Kilgore, Gilmer, or Henderson. The younger groups are not any better. One coach who played them told me that the 8th grade was the worst he has ever seen. I just don't see it happening, even if Lombardi was hired. Like I said, I know nothing about Chadwick, but would he have applied for the job if he was not reassigned at Ore City? BTW, Ore City has the kids to compete in that "tough" 2A district. If whetstone and tatum come with him, SH might have a chance to win a game. Good Luck Coach Chadwick!

I don't disagree with what was said in your post but I try to stay positive in all situations. I never promised a state title because we all know to make the playoffs in that district it will take a very talented and disciplined team. I know my bears are in a tough boat but they aren't as limited in available coaches.

Every time a coach is hired, the usual things are said. "great hire", " he will get it turned around", etc. I know nothing of Chadwick, I know Poe was one heck of a coach. " It's hard to win a gun fight with a Pea Shooter." Spring Hill has good looking athletes, but not even close to Chapel Hill, Kilgore, Gilmer, or Henderson. The younger groups are not any better. One coach who played them told me that the 8th grade was the worst he has ever seen. I just don't see it happening, even if Lombardi was hired. Like I said, I know nothing about Chadwick, but would he have applied for the job if he was not reassigned at Ore City? BTW, Ore City has the kids to compete in that "tough" 2A district. If whetstone and tatum come with him, SH might have a chance to win a game. Good Luck Coach Chadwick!