THE OFFICIAL YANKEES @ RANGERS 3-GAME SERIES THREAD

cheaptrick77

I have to give it up for Yu last night, he pitched a great game that stifled the Yankees bats. Hopefully the Yankees will win the rubber match. There's a four way tie in the East and we've got the Tigers coming to play over the weekend.

Darvish has gotten better with each start. Early indicators are that the Rangers spent their money wisely.

I'll break down this simple concept for you: this team is loaded and ANY decent manager could do better than RW. He @#!%ed up game 6 or this team could be the defending world champs. Your opinion may be different than mine and THAT'S OK. Good Lord, you guys need to quit crying when someone has a legitimate criticism. Bunch of sunshine pumpers.

If you cheered for Buddy Bell, Ritchie Zisk, Oddibe McDowell or Steve Buechelle I could understand this type of criticism or impatience. But I have a feeling Immortal only knows these players by name and not by deed.

If you cheered for Buddy Bell, Ritchie Zisk, Oddibe McDowell or Steve Buechelle I could understand this type of criticism or impatience. But I have a feeling Immortal only knows these players by name and not by deed.

Yes, as a matter of fact I did......so not sure what you're implying. Please elaborate

ANY decent manager could do better than RW.

I guarantee you that Mike Scioscia (is he "decent" enough) would never have this team playing as well as Wash does ... just ask Mike Napoli.

ROFL moment: the Rangers are 15-4 ... 8 ½ games up - LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN: 8 ½ games up on the slam-dunk predicted 2012 AL West champion Angels, yet if you choose not to pile-on Ron Washington, you are a "sunshine pumper" :D

The words "apologist" and "sunshine pumper" are being thrown around by you, but as yet I have seen no one calling you a "hater" LOL. In your words I will make it a "simple concept". These players have played their hearts out for Washington every day, and they know him better than any of us. I guess they are "apologist and sunshine pumpers".

The words "apologist" and "sunshine pumper" are being thrown around by you, but as yet I have seen no one calling you a "hater" LOL. In your words I will make it a "simple concept". These players have played their hearts out for Washington every day, and they know him better than any of us. I guess they are "apologist and sunshine pumpers".

Sorry bro, you need a new pair of glasses. I was pretty much called a hater by Cheap when he called me a "wet blanket"(same difference) and said that I "dislike" RW, when all I was doing was making a point that I thought we conceded game 1 of this series. SO WHAT? Am I not allowed to make a fair criticism?

Lighten up Francis.

I guarantee you that Mike Scioscia (is he "decent" enough) would never have this team playing as well as Wash does ... just ask Mike Napoli.

ROFL moment: the Rangers are 15-4 ... 8 ½ games up - LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN: 8 ½ games up on the slam-dunk predicted 2012 AL West champion Angels, yet if you choose not to pile-on Ron Washington, you are a "sunshine pumper" :D

Why do you keep bringing up Mike Scioscia? What is your point exactly?

Whether Washington is the right man for the job is a matter of opinion. I personally think he is. I feel if you start jacking with something that ain't broke you may look back and wished you had left it alone. Yes, he hasn't won the big dance, "yet", but I think RW and the players have a great chemistry between them. Sure you could probably put someone else in replacement of him, but I feel if you do that it would be like throwing a wrench in a well oiled machine.

I get it that you're a RW apologist. Good for you. Personally, I just want to win games, and I'm still sick to my stomach that "Wash" managed the Rangers right out of a World Championship in game 6 last year.

Dude, you can try to make it personal if that's your goal. I know you think you own the MLB forum, but the last time I checked I can post on any forum I want to. And I would LOVE it if you choose not to reply to my posts. I didn't ask you to reply to my last one.

Didn't realize anyone had to apologize for a manager who's guided his club to two straight pennants and was one misplayed flyball away from a world championship.

Last time to ever re-visit this subject. Rangers are 15-4 and the best team in MLB...led by one of the greatest managers in the game! End of story.

If only Nellie Cruz was 2 feet taller, he would have had that ball in the 9th. I blame Wash for Nellie not being taller or providing a step ladder. For shame Ron Washington for shame.

Really, what was he thinking? :blink: Ronny has got to go! lol!!

Thats about the size of it

Didn't realize anyone had to apologize for a manager who's guided his club to two straight pennants and was one misplayed flyball away from a world championship.

Last time to ever re-visit this subject. Rangers are 15-4 and the best team in MLB...led by one of the greatest managers in the game! End of story.

I'm eternally sorry for criticizing the god of baseball managers.

I was pretty much called a hater by Cheap when he called me a "wet blanket"(same difference)

Nope ... I would never use the term "hater" (Cheapy don't do hiphop) ... I was merely pointing out that you ONLY post over here when you have something NEGATIVE to say. I am always suspect of one-sided opinions ... 'does not mean you are not welcome over here ... 'does not mean I think you are an idiot ... 'does not mean I am making this "personal" ... 'DOES NOT MEAN RON WASHINGTON IS ABOVE CRITICIZING ...simply an observation form reading posts in this forum for over 10 (!) years.

If I am completely wrong about your Baseball Forum disposition - I publically apologize :)

By there thinking Immortal since Obama won the election he cant be criticized.

I thought they should have fired him when he admitted the cocaine abuse. 3 years later there hasnt been a reported relapse.

I thought they should have fired him when he admitted the cocaine abuse. 3 years later there hasnt been a reported relapse.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wash and he is doing a great job but I bet he will admit he can make better decisions. But to be a great head coach, its gonna take a world series. Sad or not, that's the way it is.

Nope ... I would never use the term "hater" (Cheapy don't do hiphop) ... I was merely pointing out that you ONLY post over here when you have something NEGATIVE to say. I am always suspect of one-sided opinions ... 'does not mean you are not welcome over here ... 'does not mean I think you are an idiot ... 'does not mean I am making this "personal" ... 'DOES NOT MEAN RON WASHINGTON IS ABOVE CRITICIZING ...simply an observation form reading posts in this forum for over 10 (!) years.

If I am completely wrong about your Baseball Forum disposition - I publically apologize :)

Yes you are wrong. And no you didn't use the "term" hater(as I already explained), but essentially you said the same thing....your splitting hairs. I came over here to sunshine land because I simply had something to say about game 1 of the Yankee series. I thought we gave up...NOT the players but RW by leaving Dutch out there when he was getting blasted. Let's be real..the Yanks were teeing off on him. He clearly didn't have good stuff that night, and I'm sitting there in my living room thinking yank him Ron.....we can still win this game.

Now, as soon as I make this comment over here, you fire back all this "you just hate RW stuff". I'm sorry, but that's a very sophmoric and irrelevant response. I made a legit point as to why I felt we threw in the towel in that game, and your response was just making it personal/about me.

As to whether I like RW or not: no I don't. I detest drug use and I thought he should've been fired for it. Also, he clearly lied in his public response....didn't like that either. I'll make it real simple for you...I WANT TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES!! The pennant ain't enough with this team. This team has an epic lineup and great pitching also. This is a rare specimen that we are seeing right now, and the window will start to close sooner or later. Anything less than a World Series championship is a failure with the talent level the Rangers have. I realize ol Ron is a nice guy, but I could care less about all the @#$@% and giggles stuff. I want the best man for the job. As far as Scioscia goes, I have no opinion on him because I don't follow the Angels closely. I just don't feel RW is the best man for the job, and I don't care who that #### off on this board. Again, I am entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours.