Region III AA Track Meet

kramer

Once again the meet gets behind schedule like last year. This time over 2 hours behind. Girls 300 meter hurdles first heat ran with 7 flights of hurdles instead of 8. 20 minute discussion before they decide to let the other two heats run the same. Pretty bad! Someone else needs to run this meet next year.

Once again the meet gets behind schedule like last year. This time over 2 hours behind. Girls 300 meter hurdles first heat ran with 7 flights of hurdles instead of 8. 20 minute discussion before they decide to let the other two heats run the same. Pretty bad! Someone else needs to run this meet next year.

Any results?

TJC runs the meet, not Whitehouse.

TJC hosts all of the Region III AA Spring events. That doesn't mean they "run" the track meet. I know the duties are divided up with the meet director being from Palestine but with the meet being held at the Whitehouse track some of the responsibility falls on the shoulders of Whitehouse.

It's not spectator friendly and is difficult to see the running events. For that reason, I would support moving it somewhere else.The finals went off today without a hitch.

It's not spectator friendly and is difficult to see the running events. For that reason, I would support moving it somewhere else.The finals went off today without a hitch.

Well, I wouldn't say without a hitch. Anytime you have 3 of the top 4 relays disqualified for questionable infractions, I wouldn't call that without a hitch. As to the previous post, I happen to know that the vast majority of the officials that are actually responsible for running off the meet, are not Whitehouse staffers, most of the Whitehouse people are raking, putting up crossbars, setting hurdles, ...... in other words, grunt work. Those in charge, and those actually causing all the snafus are Renee Reisinger's groupies.

Well, I wouldn't say without a hitch. Anytime you have 3 of the top 4 relays disqualified for questionable infractions, I wouldn't call that without a hitch. As to the previous post, I happen to know that the vast majority of the officials that are actually responsible for running off the meet, are not Whitehouse staffers, most of the Whitehouse people are raking, putting up crossbars, setting hurdles, ...... in other words, grunt work. Those in charge, and those actually causing all the snafus are Renee Reisinger's groupies.

I was referring to Saturday's finals and everything seemed to be on schedule. Did the DQ's happen Saturday?

Both Friday and Saturday

I'm kinda hard of hearing and missed it on the PA. What race(s) Saturday and infraction?

I'm kinda hard of hearing and missed it on the PA. What race(s) Saturday and infraction?

Nothing was announced on PA. 3 of the top 800M Relay teams DQ'd on Friday. 2nd place finisher DQ'd on Saturday.

Track was resurfaced and improperly marked in turn 4. The lane numbers should have been painted on the track back at the start line, instead were painted in the curve. As athletes turn the corner, they mistakenly thought they were in the wrong lane and moved, putting them in the wrong lane. Officials refused to admit the problem. Bigger issue is that there is a rules committee for this kind of issue, and entire committee was never assembled. 2nd problem is nothing was said to finalists on Saturday, and same issue DQ'd 2 more teams.

This meet needs a new director. End of Story. Risinger is rude, disrerspectful, and does not take best interests of kids to heart. Whitehouse still a much better venue for the meet than Palestine was though!

They are also making a mistake by making the 3200 runners compete at 2:00 in the heat of the day when the other regions are running at 8:00 and 10:00 am. That's a clear disadvantage for one of the wild card spots.

I totally agree. But the distance races are the step children of the track meet. Even if Whitehouse is not directly responsible for all of the snafus of the meet their name is associated with it. I like it being close to home also but I just think it could be ran off a little better. Saturday was right on schedule though.

Nothing was announced on PA. 3 of the top 800M Relay teams DQ'd on Friday. 2nd place finisher DQ'd on Saturday.

Track was resurfaced and improperly marked in turn 4. The lane numbers should have been painted on the track back at the start line, instead were painted in the curve. As athletes turn the corner, they mistakenly thought they were in the wrong lane and moved, putting them in the wrong lane. Officials refused to admit the problem. Bigger issue is that there is a rules committee for this kind of issue, and entire committee was never assembled. 2nd problem is nothing was said to finalists on Saturday, and same issue DQ'd 2 more teams.

This meet needs a new director. End of Story. Risinger is rude, disrerspectful, and does not take best interests of kids to heart. Whitehouse still a much better venue for the meet than Palestine was though!

Hmmm, sounds like you are telling everyone that you are a sore loser.!! I bet that she would let you run it if you like. Then you could deal with the 114 different coaches plus AD's and see how many that you can make happy. Personally, I have dealt with her for a number of years and she has always been nothing but professional.

END OF STORY!!!

you hit the nail on the head especially with that last statement... those "officials" are getting paid alot of money to work the meet.

if they were volunteers then i would consider them to do a great job... but as paid officials...they are horrible

and Whitehouse ISD athletics has some say in this as well

Those of you complaining sound like a bunch of sore losers. I am embarrassed for you!! I have known Coach Risinger for many many years. She has always had the kids best interest at heart. You obviously have no idea who she is! If she was rude to anyone, I can assure you it was justified. She has always been very easy going, but if you disrespect her don't expect her to bow and and take it. If you want respect you must give respect! The job of directing that regional track meet is a daunting task! It takes months to prepare for. And for those of you whining because of the heat...STOP!!! These kids play football in 100 degrees. It was 85 degrees Saturday. My 70 year old mother played a tennis match Friday and Saturday from 2:00-6:00. You are being ridiculous. Sounds like some coaches need to grow up!!

So how would you have handled the hurdle issue??? Let me guess....You never make mistakes??? Yes they did leave a flight of hurdles out. It was quickly recognized and was made fair to all participants involved. Nobody was put at a disadvantage and it did not affect the outcome. So that being said....Have you called and volunteered your services to run this track meet next year?? I doubt it. And i bet if you did, you might even encounter some errors yourself. Its not as easy as you make it out to be. Good luck to you if you do take over the reigns!!!!!!!!

The team that was DQ'd saturday was because they ran in the wrong lane. They were in lane #3 and moved into lane #2 in the last straight away. They were not influence by the # markings on the track bc if they had been they would've moved over into lane #4 according to the markings that you are talking about. The coach of that team looked at the film and agreed with the officials. The three teams you are referring to on saturday handed off too soon. Would you want your team to sit @ home when clearly the other teams ahead of you had handoff infractions? Thats what you practice for all year. Its unfortunate for the the kids that were DQ'd but done fairly for those that had proper handoffs....Volunteer your services next year. The more eyes the better. :)

The team that was DQ'd saturday was because they ran in the wrong lane. They were in lane #3 and moved into lane #2 in the last straight away. They were not influence by the # markings on the track bc if they had been they would've moved over into lane #4 according to the markings that you are talking about. The coach of that team looked at the film and agreed with the officials. The three teams you are referring to on saturday handed off too soon. Would you want your team to sit @ home when clearly the other teams ahead of you had handoff infractions? Thats what you practice for all year. Its unfortunate for the the kids that were DQ'd but done fairly for those that had proper handoffs....Volunteer your services next year. The more eyes the better. :)

sprtsfaaaan.... there are NO volunteers. this is a paid position to work the regional track meet. therefore there are too many mistakes for paid officials.

everyone makes mistakes....but leaving out an entire flight of hurdles at the Regional Track Meet???????

when we host an invitational track meet, i make one lap around the track to ensure all of the hurdles are set properly before running that race.... its not real hard....

a paid official needs to be held accountable

sprtsfaaaan.... there are NO volunteers. this is a paid position to work the regional track meet. therefore there are too many mistakes for paid officials.

everyone makes mistakes....but leaving out an entire flight of hurdles at the Regional Track Meet???????

when we host an invitational track meet, i make one lap around the track to ensure all of the hurdles are set properly before running that race.... its not real hard....

a paid official needs to be held accountable

Yes paid officials that are not perfect. Come on out and help next year. We could use some perfection. Maybe we wont miss that 8th flight with you there. :)

Those of you complaining sound like a bunch of sore losers. I am embarrassed for you!! I have known Coach Risinger for many many years. She has always had the kids best interest at heart. You obviously have no idea who she is! If she was rude to anyone, I can assure you it was justified. She has always been very easy going, but if you disrespect her don't expect her to bow and and take it. If you want respect you must give respect! The job of directing that regional track meet is a daunting task! It takes months to prepare for. And for those of you whining because of the heat...STOP!!! These kids play football in 100 degrees. It was 85 degrees Saturday. My 70 year old mother played a tennis match Friday and Saturday from 2:00-6:00. You are being ridiculous. Sounds like some coaches need to grow up!!

Snaps to your mother and I do mean that sincerely. Curious though why the meet doesn't start around 10 on Saturday morning since there are no field events.

Even though I think the meet could be run a little better, Mrs. Risinger is a good lady. Also David Buckley does a fantastic job announcing the meet. Probably the best that I have heard.

Retired from over 30 years of coaching and have been officiating track meets for several years. Two things:

First: every track meet will have its detractors. When there's winners and losers, someone is always unhappy and knows how to do it better.

Second: the personal attacks on Ms. Risinger are way out of line. Having worked with the lady in the past, I can assure you that she is very interested in the well being of the athletes and would never do anything to take away from their efforts.

In a 1A Regional Track meet. 3200m run. Someone lost count and the student athletes ran 9 laps instead of 8. Big mistake but once again it happens unfortunately. The officials at that track meet weren't perfect either. The athletes are getting to run the 3200m run today to make it fair to all involved. Good luck to those individuals.