Tatum Track 2012

admirala1

Both 4X400 races were amazing finishes

In the Girls, Centerville won by about a second, but the best race was for 2nd. San Augustine and I believe it was paul-pewitt went to a very tight photo finish. San Augustine got in a hole after their 1st leg, but 2nd and 3rd ran great legs to get baton to 4th leg about 3 steps after pewitt. Came out from behind the bleachers in the curve neck and neck and stayed that way the whole way down the home stretch. SA would get about a 1/2 step lead then PP would get, easily 5-6 changes in the last 50 meters and PP just edged the SA girl at the end. Unfortunately SA is going to miss the wildcard by tenths of a second to region II i believe.

In the boys, Tatum was IMPRESSIVE. They were in lane 7 or 8 (sorry cant recall) but ran much much better on Saturday. The highlight i remember is tatum being about 4-5 steps behind when Tatum's last leg (same guy that won 800, Pickett i believe is his name) got the baton. By the middle of the back stretch he jumped into the lead. Coming down the homestretch NB jumped into lane 2 and they went side by side all the way home and NB just edged him at the end in yet another photo-finish.