What do you call a gaspergou?

Five0pd310

Same thing as a drum.

A bowfin/grinnel is a totally different fish.

That's what I had always said, then got questioned on it....I even found articles and stuff on the web that contradicted that. I was worried that I had been making a fool of my self this whole time. Thanks for the verification.

Same thing as a drum.

A bowfin/grinnel is a totally different fish.

Exactly.

SarahH062903.jpg

A grinnel has a nasty mouth full of sharp teeth and is longer and skinnier than a drum.

DaveBigFish.jpg

A drum is a thicker, typicly larger fish without the teeth with a mouth more like a carp

I remember catching my first grinnell when I was a kid. I thought I had caught a monster. I remember thinking I was going to lose my rod and reel. They're fun to catch. Never ate one though. I've heard that they're okay if they're eaten hot out of the grease, but otherwise they're nasty.

I have never tried to eat a grinnel either. Most consider them a trash fish. They are very boney and slimy. Whe used to catch them and throw them on the bank to keep them from feeding on other fish.

Ghouls iz :Itz the fresh water drum with the purpleish tint. If ya cut em and put em own yure trot line the catfishiz will passup a liv perch to eat the cut up ghoul,Tru storie.

Ghouls iz :Itz the fresh water drum with the purpleish tint. If ya cut em and put em own yure trot line the catfishiz will passup a liv perch to eat the cut up ghoul,Tru storie.

I'll pass up a catfish to eat a drum. I love the texture. Nothing beats it grilled.

I'll take red perch, goggle eye, blue gill, bass or crappie fried crisp in corn meal salt and pepper over any catfish or drum!

Crappie and blue gill for sure, but I'll have to disagree with you on the bass. It has it's place in my diet but no where near the same ballpark as crappie or bream, IMO.

Crappie and blue gill for sure, but I'll have to disagree with you on the bass. It has it's place in my diet but no where near the same ballpark as crappie or bream, IMO.

Me tu i lyke Crappies #1 then Bream= Red ears an Bluegillz

I remember catching my first grinnell when I was a kid. I thought I had caught a monster. I remember thinking I was going to lose my rod and reel. They're fun to catch. Never ate one though. I've heard that they're okay if they're eaten hot out of the grease, but otherwise they're nasty.

Caught one at Fork the other day. Pretty cool

• 2 weeks later...

I'll pass up a catfish to eat a drum. I love the texture. Nothing beats it grilled.

OMG!!! Say it ain't so. I have eaten most fish, most ways, and I do believe I would starve before I ever ate another drum. I knew it, I knew it, somethings gotta be wrong with you!!

Back in the day when Fork first opened. We used to catch grinnel by the basket full. We used to call them Texas Brown Trout. When I was guiding in college I convinced many a client that they were a whole separate species of fish. One that very few people got to see, much less catch. Always good for a laugh way back when.

OMG!!! Say it ain't so. I have eaten most fish, most ways, and I do believe I would starve before I ever ate another drum. I knew it, I knew it, somethings gotta be wrong with you!!

Back in the day when Fork first opened. We used to catch grinnel by the basket full. We used to call them Texas Brown Trout. When I was guiding in college I convinced many a client that they were a whole separate species of fish. One that very few people got to see, much less catch. Always good for a laugh way back when.

lol...that's mean.