#1 Grapeland vs. #2 Beckville

topher805

Game 1: Thursday, Nacogdoches HS, 6 pm

Game 2: Friday, Nacogdoches HS, 6 pm

Game 3 (If necessary): Friday, Nacogdoches HS, 30 minutes after Game 2

A rematch of last year's Region III Finals. Grapeland lost the first game before coming back to win games two and three. Both teams lost just two seniors and have been rolling all year.

Beckville beat Lovelady 13-3 in the Area Finals, Grapeland swept Shelbyville 2-0 (3-2, 4-3 (11)). Grapeland will have to pick up the play against Beckville if they want to make another run at Austin. Should be a really good series. Thoughts?

Isn't grapeland playing without some starters due to state track meet?

Only the shortstop is running at the State Meet and they scheduled it to where she won't miss any games. The first baseman may be out due to the Houston County Rodeo (she is a queens contestant), which would be a blow to the offense.

You can't really say Grapeland Swept Shelbyville like that. All you had to say Grapeland beat Shelbyville because Grapeland was almost at the house Sat if Shelbyville didn't have the base running error in game 1 and if they would have caught the line drive hit to the third baseman in the 5th that scored 2 runs to tie the game,

Grapeland will have to play way better if they want to get past Beckville. They are pretty tough this year.

They had Central Heights beat but had a mental mistake that cost them the game.

It doesn't matter if they will be missing any players because 1 player does not make a difference unless its the ace pitcher. Other positions can be replaced. I was at the games and the ss didn'r make a difference so Grapeland just has to play there game with or without her.

You can't really say Grapeland Swept Shelbyville like that. All you had to say Grapeland beat Shelbyville because Grapeland was almost at the house Sat if Shelbyville didn't have the base running error in game 1 and if they would have caught the line drive hit to the third baseman in the 5th that scored 2 runs to tie the game,

Grapeland will have to play way better if they want to get past Beckville. They are pretty tough this year.

It doesn't matter if they will be missing any players because 1 player does not make a difference unless its the ace pitcher. Other positions can be replaced. I was at the games and the ss didn'r make a difference so Grapeland just has to play there game with or without her.

wasn't insinuating anything, just was curious. good luck to both.

Only the shortstop is running at the State Meet and they scheduled it to where she won't miss any games. The first baseman may be out due to the Houston County Rodeo (she is a queens contestant), which would be a blow to the offense.

I bet the coach is loving that!

Shelbyville could have easily sent Grapeland packing on Saturday. They played like they wanted it more, and I think it was a wake-up call to the Sandiettes. I think they realized that they are going to get everyone's best shot, and can't just coast through a series.

The SS is a team leader, she really helps spark the team emotionally. She mised most of Game 1 because of playing in the State Golf Tournament, and still booked it to Nac to play the final two innings.

Beckville will not be an easy series at all. The Lady 'Cats have some sticks, but Grapeland has been playing good defense, so I don't see a shootout in any of the games.