Pine Tree's new Stadium

Seeing that there is ZERO started there is no way in Hades that they could play games at a new stadium this fall. I am still unsure if they have even chosen the architects. I heard something last week about the bids coming in more than the bond package, so I guess the skimping will begin much like they had to do with the basketball gym a few years back....

So, will PT be in they're new stadium by next season or will the visiting team have to suffer one more season in that old undersized dump that is old pirate stadium?

There was an article in the Longview News Journal a few days ago that bids came in 2 million over budget so they are going back and trying to find ways to make cuts.Evidently the price for concrete is the main culprit for the high bids. The article did say they were going to be in the stadium by the start of 2013 football season. I have also heard they are planning to use the stadium and track for track meets in the spring but they might not meet that timeline now.

1336434419[/url]' post='1715043']

There was an article in the Longview News Journal a few days ago that bids came in 2 million over budget so they are going back and trying to find ways to make cuts.Evidently the price for concrete is the main culprit for the high bids. The article did say they were going to be in the stadium by the start of 2013 football season. I have also heard they are planning to use the stadium and track for track meets in the spring but they might not meet that timeline now.

Consolidate Longview and pine tree. Use all of the news schools. Longview high as high school and pine tree high for freshman or whatever and save 15 million on this football complex that pine tree can't afford already..... Save Longview taxpayers all of that money when you already have a stadium... Lobo stadium....cut costs in half as far as coaches.... Makes too much sense for this thick headed, no good reason town....!

1336451385[/url]' post='1715156']

Longview high is built for 3,000 students. Adding PT would put the count at 3,800. Plus this idea will never happen I hope.Let

them build there stadium and stay where they are .Adding SpringHill next .

By using pine tree high school for freshman it would work

Consolidate Longview and pine tree. Use all of the news schools. Longview high as high school and pine tree high for freshman or whatever and save 15 million on this football complex that pine tree can't afford already..... Save Longview taxpayers all of that money when you already have a stadium... Lobo stadium....cut costs in half as far as coaches.... Makes too much sense for this thick headed, no good reason town....!

that makes way too much sense. lets spend millions we don't have like the rest of this country. amarillo has shared one stadium with 4 large high schools since at least the 60's that i know of. you can at least share a stadium.

that makes way too much sense. lets spend millions we don't have like the rest of this country. amarillo has shared one stadium with 4 large high schools since at least the 60's that i know of. you can at least share a stadium.

Why punish Longview fans by sharing a stadium with PT. If the Amarillo fans have shared a stadium for 60 years its no big deal. These are seperate school districts, not like in Amarillo or Tyler. There problem is , they should have fixed this problem { PT } years ago. Longview ISD taxpayers paid for this school and stadium.

1336487765[/url]' post='1715249']

Guys, this would never work.This is Lobo Stadium.

You guys aren't getting it! Consolidate the schools! Savvvvving lots of money! But this town I have to say is one the most backward towns I have ever seen!

I'm curious was the new stadium put on a vote? Is there old stadium really that bad?

Yes, it was put to a vote TWICE. Extremely close count each time. It didn't pass the first time, but passed a second time, and, YES, their old stadium is pitiful and does not meet safety requirements. At least, not up until this past season. They had to play all home games elsewhere in '10....not sure about '11.

Pine Tree was going to play home games at a different location, but added the necessary components to get it up to code. They played at their home stadium in 2010 and 2011.

Which year was it that they weren't allowed to play at Pine Tree Stadium? '09? I thought they brought the stadium up to code in time for last year, but I wasn't sure about '10.

They were going to play at other locations in 10, but they did the necessary renovations, so they could play at home. They have played at there stadium each year in 09, 10, and 11. The only home away game was when they played Longview at Rose Stadium.

They were going to play at other locations in 10, but they did the necessary renovations, so they could play at home. They have played at there stadium each year in 09, 10, and 11. The only home away game was when they played Longview at Rose Stadium.

And we all had to drive to Tyler on a Thursday night to watch Pine Tree get beat like a red headed step child!! They refused to play at Lobo Stadium and they were offered the opportunity.Would have been cheaper on both schools and the fans.

Two separate ISD's.........no way they would have a consolidation. Thank God!!!

Go Lobos!