All region/ All State

ooRufusoo

http://www.tascosocc...newsletter_main

Kinda hard to believe Kilgore gets 1 on there and MP gets 0 and they were the last 2 teams standing at the end of playoffs for this region. Congrats to Mayfield for getting COY though!

Were wondering all the same things!!!! Madrid was MVP of the district, Scholar All Athlete, Academic All State, 14 goals in a hard district/ 28 on season and got 2nd team all region.

The only thing i can say is this:

If your coach did not nominate you you did not get a vote. If your coach is not a member of TASCO he did not get to nominate anyone. Not many coaches are going to use their max 4 nominations for another player from another team instead of his own.

If each coach votes the max 4 goalies out of a possible four then the way all region works is:

all region 1st team goes to the players whos team finishes further in the playoffs

then the other two goes into all region 2nd team

then all state goes the same way to the team that went the furthest.

the last decider goes to a senior over a lowerclass nomination

Lastly: POLITICS!!!

What I see is your player this late in the year should already be going to play college and not need an award to get him there. Unless they are junior or soph.

If I counted right, Kilgore had an All State player, Lindale and Hallsville had 2 each on All Region Team. Where are all the others? Coaches need to vote and nominate so East Texas is represented. Longview and Lee had a few as well.

Travis Atkinson Palestine was all-region

Alot of East Texas kids missing though.

More coaches get involved then these East Texas kids would get more votes.

Tough when you might be the only coach in your district nominating kids. Who is going to vote for him?

If I counted right, Kilgore had an All State player, Lindale and Hallsville had 2 each on All Region Team. Where are all the others? Coaches need to vote and nominate so East Texas is represented. Longview and Lee had a few as well.

What helps Longview and REL is they play in a Dallas District and I bet those coaches are a part of Tasco. Also those coaches will talk to other surrounding schools about quality players in their district that need to be voted on.

Seems kinda rigged to me either way you look at it. Frisco and Mckinny have 8 on the 1st team. Theres no possible way they were as good as those kids from Kilgore or MP. More coaches do need to get involved especially considering the fact that ET has dominated the regional Tourn the past 2 years.