Spring Hill Looking for New Baseball Coach

Bev

One of the classiest high school baseball coaches in East Texas, Joey Hector, is leaving Spring Hill after 2 seasons to go to Anna. My good friend has a career record of 250-169-1, with a 52-16-1 record at Spring Hill. The Panthers will be hard pressed to find a comparable replacement. Good luck to both Coach Hector and the high school he leaves behind for greener pastures.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He lucked out getting out now because my buckeyes were about to pound him!! Ha im just stirring the pot,

Looked up the place he is going, hardly seems like greener pastures, 6 wins this year. Im sure he has his reasons, must have been really frustrated, I know for a fact he has never lived outside upshur county. Good Luck Coach, your intensity will be missed at the Hill im sure.

Question of the Day: with the post bev put at the top, will Hector and Bev reconcile before he moves?? Haha just pot stirring

The coach from Ore City might have won 20 games, if that, in the past 4 years.... not quite what Spring Hill needs. I'm sure they will have some big names show up. Anyone heard of any? The coach from Ore City is leaving i heard. I'm curious what pulled Hector from Spring Hill? Must be dollars seeing he is an East Texas guy.

One of the classiest high school baseball coaches in East Texas, Joey Hector, is leaving Spring Hill after 2 seasons to go to Anna. My good friend has a career record of 250-169-1, with a 52-16-1 record at Spring Hill. The Panthers will be hard pressed to find a comparable replacement. Good luck to both Coach Hector and the high school he leaves behind for greener pastures.

You sure he is not going to Sabine? lol

not really nice veer.lol. but I'm sure you know something of the guy. all I know is oc didn't win much so he probably wouldn't be a good fit. DMC must have been joking. I hope SH finds someone to fill hectors shoes.. I'm sure chadwick will get it filled quick.

Farmersville coach Craig Coheley is looking for a new HC gig after being told by the new AD/HC at Farmersville right before playoffs that he would not be renewing his contract. Funny thing is, he has taken the Farmers to the 3a playoffs 3 of the 4 years he has been there with one of the lowest enrollments in 3A (Farmers drop back down to 2a next year) during his tenure. He currently has the Farmers 1 win away from Region Semi's in the always tough Region 2.

He coached at Rogers for 12 years prior to coming to Farmersville and some really good teams there too (including winning a state 2A championship). Glad my son is a Senior and got the privilege to be coached by him.

Thought I heard he may have applied but not sure...but IMHO would be a great fit there at Spring Hill...not to mention he has a 8 grade son that will be a great ball-player coming with him too.

Great man and excellent motivator and coach!

WOW, some coaches don't like other programs that win. Good luck to former Farmersville coach Craig Coheley.

Yes, this is very true Coach Tobin. Sad thing is that he really wanted to stay and has settled here with his family but wasn't given the opportunity to stay.

Coach C. has been a great influence for my son, not only in baseball but outside of baseball as well. Farmersville will definitely miss him once he is gone.

Yes, this is very true Coach Tobin. Sad thing is that he really wanted to stay and has settled here with his family but wasn't given the opportunity to stay.

Coach C. has been a great influence for my son, not only in baseball but outside of baseball as well. Farmersville will definitely miss him once he is gone.

Man that is messed up about Farmersville. They have great team and have done so despite being so small. I smell a rat. The new AD must be one of those guys that wants football only. Aren't the Farmers like 29-6 or something and still playing?

Man that is messed up about Farmersville. They have great team and have done so despite being so small. I smell a rat. The new AD must be one of those guys that wants football only. Aren't the Farmers like 29-6 or something and still playing?

I sure hope that's not true for the rest of the kids there but something is not right that's for sure.

Yes, Farmers are 27-7 and up 1-0 in Region Quarterfinal best of 3 series vs. Sanger after beating them last night 10-1...Local support for Farmers baseball is obviously at an all time high so can't fathom why this decision was made before the playoffs even started...very dissappointing but for me, it's moreso for the kids coming back next year.

Put it this way, Coheley's team 2 years ago broke the previous school record by winning 23 games, then turn around this year and break that one and still hopefully going. If they beat Sanger Saturday, that will mark the farthest any Farmer baseball team has gone in school history as they have reached the Region Quarter's a few times in 2A and one other time in 3A. Yes, you have to have the players for sure but you don't get to that point without coaching them up either.

He single handedly pushed for (and setup) an indoor batting facility in one of the old buildings not used at the Junior High..turned it into a little indoor facility. It's nothing extravagant by any means but it allows the guys to hit indoors in bad weather...There are only 2 baseball coaches (him and his assistant) to coach the team and he is the bus driver, field maintenance guy for both softball & baseball fields, etc.

I think he has more than proved his value to Farmersville and then some...but Farmersville's loss will most certainly be another's gain.

I know Coach Hector, and I do wish him the very best of luck at Anna High School, but if he's all about re-building programs, it's gonna take more than two years to achieve that goal. Coach, if you're reading this, I know that you want to follow your heart and go where the Lord is leading you to go, just don't forget about the young kids that looked up to you here at SH and the ones that devoted their time to you just as much time as you devoted to them. You're a great man and a class act, and I wanna say that Anna is getting one of the all time greatest coaches ever.

I wish Coach Hector the best. Anna has a tough draw. Melissa and Princeton are good teams. Coach Coheley can coach. He has 350 wins and 3 trips to state tournament I think. Farmersville is stupid......but that is Farmersville. They let Coach Keith Wright get away after winning state championship in Football in 2007, same year Coheley won his Championship at Rogers. Whoever gets this guy will win. New AD at Farmersville has never won a football playoff game. WOW.

Panther,

If you know Coach Hector at all, you know that it had to be rough on him to tell the young kids he was leaving. And if you know him at all, you know he has never been anywhere less the 6 years, so he is not a mover (Union Grove about 6 years, Gilmer about 9 or 10, SH 2) so he knows it takes longer than 2 years to build anything. Maybe he left because he didnt get the AD job? Maybe he left because SH only has 5 coaches on the boys side?? I know he was present and spoke at at least one board meeting. Maybe he left because issues he had with whatever. But i can assure you, if you know him at all, you know he loved his kids.

Something there is not right at this time, saw on another thread where another coach also left. Only one coach remains from last years staff, possibly 2. Waiting for coach to come clear things up on here hahahaha