In homerless funk, Hamilton finds fix for swing

rattler88

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120522&content_id=31991190&notebook_id=31997934&vkey=notebook_tex&c_id=tex

Do you think that Josh needed a day off when he was on top of his swing- swinging like no other.

-Or did that one day have nothing to do with his slump.

I know he wants to rest them for the end part of the season but when everything is going good with the swing and your AB why take a day off. He did that to Cruz when he was finally having a good swing. Cruz I understand more than Hambone. Looks like Josh is not bouncing at the plate before his pitch like normal. Does that have anything to do with it?

My thought is play everyday 162 games and try to reach my favorite player of ALL-TIME.......

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120522&content_id=31991190&notebook_id=31997934&vkey=notebook_tex&c_id=tex

Do you think that Josh needed a day off when he was on top of his swing- swinging like no other.

-Or did that one day have nothing to do with his slump.

I know he wants to rest them for the end part of the season but when everything is going good with the swing and your AB why take a day off. He did that to Cruz when he was finally having a good swing. Cruz I understand more than Hambone. Looks like Josh is not bouncing at the plate before his pitch like normal. Does that have anything to do with it?

My thought is play everyday 162 games and try to reach my favorite player of ALL-TIME.......

First, I can't believe Barry Bonds is your favorite player of ALL-TIME.

Second, Why are you complaining about a manager giving Hambone the day off? If you don't give him day off every few weeks, then he will be taking 20-30+ games off due to injury. He only knows one way to play and thats #### out all the time. You see him last night crash into the wall? What about last year sliding head first into home? Its gonna happen, just his nature, plus the harsh treatment on his body from the past.

5yrs with the Rangers, Josh ave 126 games played a year.

Just a thought.

643out

First, I can't believe Barry Bonds is your favorite player of ALL-TIME.

Second, Why are you complaining about a manager giving Hambone the day off? If you don't give him day off every few weeks, then he will be taking 20-30+ games off due to injury. He only knows one way to play and thats #### out all the time. You see him last night crash into the wall? What about last year sliding head first into home? Its gonna happen, just his nature, plus the harsh treatment on his body from the past.

5yrs with the Rangers, Josh ave 126 games played a year.

Just a thought.

643out

First- where did you get Bonds from ????? and second where did you get me complaining..................?

-It is a topic and wanted to get some peoples thought.

YOu said catch your favorite player. I figured you were talking about HR's. You always complain, so I assumed.

Yea play 162 games every year and play 2632 straight games like my favorite player (if you need more help......), never said anything about HR'S

And yes I do always complain........plus I think the Squeeze Play is a better play in baseball than the 643out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Story said homerless funk, so I thought you meant power #'s. You even old enough to remember Cal Ripken playing or you just looking up youtube videos? Or better yet, you know who he is from the MLB2K12 PS3 game?

Here is my take/debate on Hamilton and a contract. Is he one of the most productive hitters in the league? I say yes. What is his market value? I'm not sure, because I have a hard time paying him the money he wants when he is injured and misses 30 games a year. I would hate to see him go, but can they extend other contracts and get 2 other players for what Hamilton is going to want? Just something to ponder

643out

This post is about the homerless funk-yes but I did say My thought is play everyday 162 games and try to reach my favorite player of ALL-TIME.......

So I took it that most people could put two and two together......... plus it is Xbox360 not PS3 and I don't know if he is on MLB12. Just because you know who Cal is after seeing a picture of him and thinking he was cute doesn't mean you are old enough to remember him.

050310-Fan-Gallery4-JW_20100504124909_600_400_display_image.jpg?1273549340

yes I know that is not Cal.........

You know I am all about the stats. But in today's baseball with the 162 game grind I am all for resting individual players occasionally to get their body a little break. I would rather have them fresh for playoffs than run up their own stats. It is unfortunate when the time off interferes with a hot hitting or pitching streak. It would be a tough call on pulling a player that is running hot. I might want to wait until he tails off a little or see some signs of distress.