Hughes Springs Head Baseball Job

eagle1999

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the HS job open? So your saying that Coach Adair vs no coach is a even trade? where is HS right now? home I think

Don't think that is what is meant. I think the comparison was between baseball at Elkhart and HS. Two good programs. Was not a knock on Coach Adair or anybody else the way I took it.

Isn't the HS job open? So your saying that Coach Adair vs no coach is a even trade? where is HS right now? home I think

No I was saying why would Adair leave Elkhart for HS. Is HS still playing this week? I know Elkhart is playing Queen City at Driller this week. That was the even trade I was talking about. Sorry you didn't understand my post, thought it was fairly clear.

643out

No I was saying why would Adair leave Elkhart for HS. Is HS still playing this week? I know Elkhart is playing Queen City at Driller this week. That was the even trade I was talking about. Sorry you didn't understand my post, thought it was fairly clear.

643out

Oh I see, I don't know why would he give up the AD job. He might not be happy with admin. there in Elkhart. Not to mention he is lossing a lot this year and doesn't have much on the JV

Oh I see, I don't know why would he give up the AD job. He might not be happy with admin. there in Elkhart. Not to mention he is lossing a lot this year and doesn't have much on the JV

I thought they were a bunch of juniors?

\

Not exactly sure what he is losing, but I know there are several juniors. SS is junior, 1b jr, catcher jr, 3rd jr.

He was head football/AD and resigned from that this month. I'm sure time and stress had something to do with that, just my opinion.

I'm not knocking HS baseball program, they are good and have tradition. Definitely a good 2A job to have in East Texas. I was just saying that it appeared to be an even trade. Successful coaches, like Adair, usually don't leave unless they are looking to "upgrade" in jobs. And "upgrade" could be move up in classification, more $$$, etc.

Just my thoughts.

643out

I could only imagine what this thread will look like in the next few days! Coach Edwards did a great job the last two years and is ready to pass the torch! Whoever gets this job is walking directly into a program that has won lots of games and gonna win a bunch more! It has been open for a day and a half and Coach has recieved a ton of interest! The right guy will be hired and its a process that the people in charge will take care of!

I also vote for Sloppy Barnes but I bet he his headed back to the track workout!!!

I think he may just be interested! We'll see!

Coach Stewart, that is.

That one is very interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the core group of this team Freshmen when Coach Stewart was there. Sounds like that one would take alot of work if the kids thought they were abandoned by him. The psyche of high school athletes can be fickle at times and that may be hard to overcome.

That one is very interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the core group of this team Freshmen when Coach Stewart was there. Sounds like that one would take alot of work if the kids thought they were abandoned by him. The psyche of high school athletes can be fickle at times and that may be hard to overcome.

Seems people have forgot he's the one that left HS just a few days before school was to start!

I can assure that no one in house wants this job. The apps are stacking up. As Reno stated there are some big time apps and so far none from Pewitt. So I can put that flame out for now.

seems to me that all those apps would be wasting their time - hughes springs always seems to hire from 'within'

Seems people have forgot he's the one that left HS just a few days before school was to start!

Guys, everyone has their reasons for each decsion they make. I see that it could have been a career decision or a family decision or both.

Please don't turn this post negative towards anyone. Good luck HS in finding the best coach for your program.