Carthage's New Scoreboard

JimB

Not sure this has been posted. Biggest HS scoreboard in the state. Jerry's world east texas style. lol Just joking.

"Carthage's Bulldog Stadium will feature the largest jumbotron video

scoreboard in the state, according to CHS Athletic Director Scott Surratt.

The scoreboard, which will measure 45'x58', will be installed in the summer

on the north end of Bulldog Stadium. (Illustration courtesy of CHS)"

http://pineywoodssports.com/football/004060-carthage-add-state-art-indoor-facility-scoreboard

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure this has been posted. Biggest HS scoreboard in the state. Jerry's world east texas style. lol Just joking.

http://pineywoodsspo...lity-scoreboard

Very nice.

However, it's gonna be kind of tough to sell the "poor school district" story after spending $750,000 on a scoreboard.

But with 30+ years of lignite coal revenue, now natural gas revenue, and Carthage's stellar record -

If they can't afford/deserve it - Who can?

Our new screen will be nice and all but if we don't use it to it's full potential we wasted $750,000. Carthage is known for having "dead" fans so hopefully during the game they will do some things to bring the crowd alive.

Carthage is being wise. They spend their money instead of sending it away to the state. I also agree with Ctown81, Carthage has a pretty dead fan base, especially when you compare them to the Gilmer's of the world.

Our new screen will be nice and all but if we don't use it to it's full potential we wasted $750,000. Carthage is known for having "dead" fans so hopefully during the game they will do some things to bring the crowd alive.

I agree completely with the dead fans. It's like going to the symphony instead of a football game sometimes.

As far as the scoreboard, I think it's great. It will not only enhance the football game experience, but it will help with track meets, band contests, etc. Also, it gives our broadcast tech students opportunity to practice what they are learning.

Btw I hope and pray for taxpayers sake the indoor facility is what they say it is: Don't be like Henderson and promise the community one thing and give them a non-full field... Err I mean give them something else. Henderson ISD's lack of honesty with the taxpayers is biting them in the rear now. Good thing Carthage went about things the right way.

I agree completely with the dead fans. It's like going to the symphony instead of a football game sometimes.

As far as the scoreboard, I think it's great. It will not only enhance the football game experience, but it will help with track meets, band contests, etc. Also, it gives our broadcast tech students opportunity to practice what they are learning.

I've heard band contest mentioned quite a bit. Does Carthage host band contest now? Seems like a win/win for everyone.

Btw I hope and pray for taxpayers sake the indoor facility is what they say it is: Don't be like Henderson and promise the community one thing and give them a non-full field... Err I mean give them something else. Henderson ISD's lack of honesty with the taxpayers is biting them in the rear now. Good thing Carthage went about things the right way.

The article said a full size field so hopefully they follow through.

Anyone know the size of this bad boy?

AtwNdruCIAAjDe7.jpg

Yes, This display in Allen is 26 x 42(1092 sqf viewing area) . Carthage display is 25.5 x 44. Carthage also has a 4x12 full color display under the screen for a total viewing area of 1170 square feet of viewing area. It is the largest display in a high school stadium in the State of Texas.

Yes, This display in Allen is 26 x 42(1092 sqf viewing area) . Carthage display is 25.5 x 44. Carthage also has a 4x12 full color display under the screen for a total viewing area of 1170 square feet of viewing area. It is the largest display in a high school stadium in the State of Texas.

Thanks...

Carthage fans/players/coaches sure have a lot to be proud of.

http://pineywoodssports.com/football/004060-carthage-add-state-art-indoor-facility-scoreboard

Man I wish CH would get a new scoreboard. After the price on one of those I doubt it will be soon. Lol. Super nice guys.

that is very nice for Carthage! I no they already host play off games.but by Carthage getting the upgrade they will host a lot more playoffs games IMO. and thats more money for the school. way to go Carthage I wish we had nice stuff when i was in high school.

I wonder how many 4A teams it will draw.

Don't know that the stadium is large enough for any 4A games. I think the biggest obstacle now to hosting more playoff games is just our location in the state. Being away from central Texas isn't going to allow for too many games, especially as the playoffs move on.