Carthage's New Scoreboard

JimB

As long as region 3 stays about the same, then Carthage can host small school games all the way through the regional finals

That's true, and it makes for an easy drive for a lot of folks. Hopefully they may get a Thanksgiving weekend double-header of some sort! That would be awesome.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's true, and it makes for an easy drive for a lot of folks. Hopefully they may get a Thanksgiving weekend double-header of some sort! That would be awesome.

I hope so too. I live near Carthage! I would love to go see some good high school football games their.

Carthage is fast becoming a premier stadium in Texas. Particularly east Texas. Everyone has been avoiding rose stadium lately and that of course ment more games at Lobo but don't be surprised if more choose Carthage over these venues. Especially the 1&2As. What are the official numbers on the stadium again?

Carthage is fast becoming a premier stadium in Texas. Particularly east Texas. Everyone has been avoiding rose stadium lately and that of course ment more games at Lobo but don't be surprised if more choose Carthage over these venues. Especially the 1&2As. What are the official numbers on the stadium again?

I think 4,000 seats on the home side and 2,000 seats on the away side.

Don't know that the stadium is large enough for any 4A games. I think the biggest obstacle now to hosting more playoff games is just our location in the state. Being away from central Texas isn't going to allow for too many games, especially as the playoffs move on.

I think they could host most 4As, especially in the early rounds, if they added a few seats to the visitor's side. The home side is more than big enough.

You could watch Texas beat TCU and LSU beat aTm on thursday, then watch a full day of HS football. What else would be better?

Believe it or not the bonds are not supposed to raise taxes and it will actually keep about $5 million from having to be sent to the state.

Gee, all schools should get JumboTrons then.

Nothing like free!

Carthage is being wise. They spend their money instead of sending it away to the state. I also agree with Ctown81, Carthage has a pretty dead fan base, especially when you compare them to the Gilmer's of the world.

Carthage has finally gotten wise. I understand that the wise folks in Tatum figured out years before Carthage did that as a "rich" school district under Robin Hood, you can keep that tax money at home rather than sending it elsewhere through issuing bonds for capital improvements.

And add me as another who agrees with Ctown81 about the Carthage fans (of which I am one).

This is a little off topic, but I thought the Carthage faithful would be interested.. The word is that last week former Carthage and TJC wideout Jalen Claiborne signed with Wyoming.. Congrats to him and good luck.

Yes, according to fb he's already left for Wyoming. Wish him the best.

Kilgore ISD also got duped by a bond election for a "multi-purpose" facility. Why doesn't everyone just go out and say FOOTBALL PRACTICE FACILITY? Gotta love how school districts are wasting money on scoreboards and practice turf and claiming "academic upgrades." I'm sure the scoreboard at their new stadium was sufficient to give everyone the SCORE. Oh well.

Kilgore ISD also got duped by a bond election for a "multi-purpose" facility. Why doesn't everyone just go out and say FOOTBALL PRACTICE FACILITY? Gotta love how school districts are wasting money on scoreboards and practice turf and claiming "academic upgrades." I'm sure the scoreboard at their new stadium was sufficient to give everyone the SCORE. Oh well.

"Carthage is being wise. They spend their money instead of sending it away to the state."

"Carthage has finally gotten wise. I understand that the wise folks in Tatum figured out years before Carthage did that as a "rich" school district under Robin Hood, you can keep that tax money at home rather than sending it elsewhere through issuing bonds for capital improvements."

Who cares how they spend there money as long as the kids benefit and the money is not going to the state to be spent on something ridiculous like the government!!!

Anyone know if Carthage is playing any 7 on 7, id like to go watch Bogunshutz, hopefully i spelled it right, he can really sling it!

We've had 2 weeks of 7-on-7 already. Play every Thursday in June. This week & June 21 at home, June 14 & 28 in Marshall.

Our new screen will be nice and all but if we don't use it to it's full potential we wasted $750,000. Carthage is known for having "dead" fans so hopefully during the game they will do some things to bring the crowd alive.

I may ruffle some feathers here, but it would help if our school song didn't sound like a death march. I know it's been around forever, but that is just the most depressing tune I've ever had to sit through that didn't involve a eulogy.

And what does it take to play some music during warm-ups, time-outs, etc.? Love the stadiums that blast some great "get on your feet & dance" music every chance they get - really keeps the energy level up.

New stadium, new scoreboard, new facilities....time for some new traditions? Gotta start somewhere...