Carthage's New Scoreboard

JimB

I may ruffle some feathers here, but it would help if our school song didn't sound like a death march. I know it's been around forever, but that is just the most depressing tune I've ever had to sit through that didn't involve a eulogy.

And what does it take to play some music during warm-ups, time-outs, etc.? Love the stadiums that blast some great "get on your feet & dance" music every chance they get - really keeps the energy level up.

New stadium, new scoreboard, new facilities....time for some new traditions? Gotta start somewhere...

I hear you. If I were running it we'd have a video intro for the team to run out on the field too. I'd also start blasting "Stand up and Get Crunk" on the first kickoff. If you never heard that song you should youtube it, but all I can do is dream.

It's Carthage where the same people who are in favor of Panola being a dry county are the ones who go to Marshall to buy their liquor.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought this was a spoof. "Largest scoreboard in Texas". lol

Hope everyone enjoys it for years to come. Sounds like the supt has the loopholes figured out, for beating robinhood....while other districts can ahrdly afford to keep theri doors open. I do not fault carthage at all, this is a slam against our legislature!

those are also the ones that are paying for the bond issue to, you better remember that

Very true, but my statement had more to do with the personality of the Carthage fanbase as a whole. Like i said in my previous post. Nice scoreboard but if it's not used to it's potential it will be such a waste and I feel crowd interaction is part of that potential. Crowds don't win titles but it makes the atmosphere a lot better to me.

I've sat on the Carthage side for a grand total of one game, but it was the most BORING crowd i've ever been associated with. It was like social hour instead of cheering on your team at a football game. I've also sat opposite Carthage many times, and they have one of the most disappointing crowds as far as sheer size. When you are playing in a playoff game at your home stadium or 30 minutes down the road in Longview, you would think that the fans would come out in full force, but they didn't fill up the stands on any of the occasions that I am thinking of.

We've got a lot of old people in our fanbase.. HAHA! I really have always been upset with how laid back our fans are, but as long as our boys are winning on the field I'll be quite happy.

I can only hope the video board will liven up our side of the stadium, and I'm very excited we'll have it and will soon also have the indoor practice facility. Us Bulldog fans are very fortunate to have the coaches and players we do and now the superintendent to go along with it.

I've sat on the Carthage side for a grand total of one game, but it was the most BORING crowd i've ever been associated with. It was like social hour instead of cheering on your team at a football game. I've also sat opposite Carthage many times, and they have one of the most disappointing crowds as far as sheer size. When you are playing in a playoff game at your home stadium or 30 minutes down the road in Longview, you would think that the fans would come out in full force, but they didn't fill up the stands on any of the occasions that I am thinking of.

Longview: Maybe they don't don't like paying to see a game plus having to sit through idiot commercials between each play.

Kilgore ISD also got duped by a bond election for a "multi-purpose" facility. Why doesn't everyone just go out and say FOOTBALL PRACTICE FACILITY? Gotta love how school districts are wasting money on scoreboards and practice turf and claiming "academic upgrades." I'm sure the scoreboard at their new stadium was sufficient to give everyone the SCORE. Oh well.

I don't believe anyone claimed academic upgrades. The bond was broken down into 3 sections. One section was only for the scoreboard. It passed. They buy a scoreboard. It's that simple.

I don't believe anyone claimed academic upgrades. The bond was broken down into 3 sections. One section was only for the scoreboard. It passed. They buy a scoreboard. It's that simple.

Priorities are priorities.

I hear you. If I were running it we'd have a video intro for the team to run out on the field too. I'd also start blasting "Stand up and Get Crunk" on the first kickoff. If you never heard that song you should youtube it, but all I can do is dream.

It's Carthage where the same people who are in favor of Panola being a dry county are the ones who go to Marshall to buy their liquor.

I've wanted to hear Bon Jovi's "This is Our House" blasted through our stadium speakers since I first heard it. Great energy, great lyrics - perfect theme song for OUR HOUSE

5-20scoreboardleadweb.jpg

Longview: Maybe they don't don't like paying to see a game plus having to sit through idiot commercials between each play.

OMG, I'd completely forgotten about those obnoxious commercials! Are you kidding me? What a spanking those were!

the commercials for those sponsors are paying for the scoreboard and the service agreement you need with any videoboard

Oh geez.

Thought the new pay toilets paid for the maintenance agreement on the JumboTron. Or maybe it was the JumboTron paying for the new deluxe pay toilets. Luxury gets sooo confusing.

How about just broadcasting those annoying commercials in the stalls just for those using the new deluxe toilets?

Not sure this has been posted. Biggest HS scoreboard in the state. Jerry's world east texas style. lol Just joking.

"Carthage's Bulldog Stadium will feature the largest jumbotron video

scoreboard in the state, according to CHS Athletic Director Scott Surratt.

The scoreboard, which will measure 45'x58', will be installed in the summer

on the north end of Bulldog Stadium. (Illustration courtesy of CHS)"

http://pineywoodsspo...lity-scoreboard

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Turner-Stadium-goes-big-time-with-new-video-board-3628941.php

So according to the two articles:

Carthage Display is 1144 square Feet

Turner Stadium is 960 sqaure Feet

but the chronicle article is correct in saying that Turner's is the largest in the nation at a HS facility because Carthage has not yet installed theirs.

So according to the two articles:

Carthage Display is 1144 square Feet

Turner Stadium is 960 sqaure Feet

but the chronicle article is correct in saying that Turner's is the largest in the nation at a HS facility because Carthage has not yet installed theirs.

Carthage will be larger once installed. Turner field can enjoy the title of largest display in a high school stadium in the nation for a whole 2 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Allen's scoreboard in person. The thing is HUGE so I imagine Carthage may be the most immersed atmosphere in texas given the size of the screen and the size of the stadium.

So according to the Cronicle article Carthage will have the largest in the nation?

Saw Allen's scoreboard in person. The thing is HUGE so I imagine Carthage may be the most immersed atmosphere in texas given the size of the screen and the size of the stadium.

So according to the Cronicle article Carthage will have the largest in the nation?

From everything I've read Carthage's video board will be the largest screen at any high school at any level in the country. Allen's stadium looks fantastic. I hope we get to play a playoff game there some day.

• 1 month later...

I may ruffle some feathers here, but it would help if our school song didn't sound like a death march. I know it's been around forever, but that is just the most depressing tune I've ever had to sit through that didn't involve a eulogy.

And what does it take to play some music during warm-ups, time-outs, etc.? Love the stadiums that blast some great "get on your feet & dance" music every chance they get - really keeps the energy level up.

New stadium, new scoreboard, new facilities....time for some new traditions? Gotta start somewhere...

I'm just curious as to why so many people think that spending $750K on a scoreboard is a better decision than trying to upgrade the education given to the students?

It will not do any good explaining it to you, but here goes. Carthage does not care more about football than education, what they see is a reward for all the hard work kids, coaches, parents, teachers, and Carhtage supporters put in trying to keep every young person in that school district interested in staying in school and taking pride in them selves and the school. Some kids without sports in their lives would not be movtivated enough to work hard in class in order to play sports. I could go on and on but would it really make any difference. Some people will always dissagree with what other people believe in.