Should Ron Washington be on the hot seat?

30 members have voted

1. 1. what say you?

• yes
    • no
    • not yet, but he better get the ship righted soon
    • never, he's the greatest manager evarrrr

^ (sigh!) again with the hyperbole and the panties (my favorite word in the English language, BTW) :P

...but I think I'd rather be snobby than discuss high school scoreboards (ZZZ) :D

Well, we will agree on panties being an exceptional word! :mellow:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Wildcatsrule ADMIN EDIT, quit getting your panties in a bunch. You're a RW apologist....good for you. If you don't like the topic or my opinion, I could give a @#!%.

The only crybabies are the 2 people ADMIN EDIT who wants to make a managerial change midseason on the team with currently the best record in MLB and two consecutive trips to the WS. SMH. Give it a rest.

BTW... What does Wash need apologies for?

I wonder if folks would talk this way toward each other if face to face? I doubt it.

99% probably would not. I myself have no problems speaking that way to someone face to face if I find their position or argument ignorant enough, but I wouldn't do that to anyone in this thread. I can see everyone's point of view and respect them, even if I totally disagree with Wash needing to be on the managerial chopping block.

I wonder if folks would talk this way toward each other if face to face?

NOT AT ALL. Cyber bravery. We all use alter egos online (see Facebook) & are all more intellegent and more macho than we really are. I have experienced this first hand.

Thats better than a snobby my team is the greatest in the world despite never winning the big one so you cant criticize one thing about them or my panties will get in a wad thread! :rolleyes:

Amen Straw! Message boards should be open to positive and negative discussion. This thread topic is very legitimate and NO I don't really like RW, but that is irrelevant. This baseball board needs to lighten up

The only crybabies are the 2 people ADMIN EDIT who wants to make a managerial change midseason on the team with currently the best record in MLB and two consecutive trips to the WS. SMH. Give it a rest.

BTW... What does Wash need apologies for?

I didn't say make a managerial change in midseason, now did I? Learn to comprehend what you read before making an ignorant post.

99% probably would not. I myself have no problems speaking that way to someone face to face if I find their position or argument ignorant enough, but I wouldn't do that to anyone in this thread. I can see everyone's point of view and respect them, even if I totally disagree with Wash needing to be on the managerial chopping block.

Thank you and I yours.

Yes I do. Apparently you don't.

Anyway it was just a question and like I said you DONT HAVE TO READ THIS THREAD IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. I'm tired of you're attitude pal.

So you're saying we should let some goober run down a good manager, doing an outstanding job? Sorry, that's just not my style. And frankly, I'm suprised you're not tired of defending a stupid question, dude.

So you're saying we should let some goober run down a good manager, doing an outstanding job? Sorry, that's just not my style. And frankly, I'm suprised you're not tired of defending a stupid question, dude.

Dude quit trolling.

If it's so stupid, why are you responding to it genius? Frankly :blink:

All this with 3 major pitchers on the DL for awhile now!

Yeah, he is horrible!! Lets replace him with one of the other managers that took the Rangers to the World Series! Oh wait, lets just replace Wash with one of the other managers that have taken the Rangers to a playoff series win of any kind! Oh wait,..............

Yeah, he is horrible!! Lets replace him with one of the other managers that took the Rangers to the World Series! Oh wait, lets just replace Wash with one of the other managers that have taken the Rangers to a playoff series win of any kind! Oh wait,..............

Well if I was owner I wouldn't be going for second place every year with the talent level they have now. How many seconds replace a first? That being said, RW is doing a good job and hopefully gets this team over the hump this year.

Yeah, with all those Rangers teams that were as talented as this one is.....

Oh, wait :blink:

Nice post, genius.

Well if I was owner I wouldn't be going for second place every year with the talent level they have now. How many seconds replace a first? That being said, RW is doing a good job and hopefully gets this team over the hump this year.

I hope that my mentioning that the man has taken this team to places it never saw before did not imply that second place is my goal or satisfying to me. It is not. I am happy that their record has improved every year under his leadership, but the ultimate prize is still the goal. I am amazed that some seem to want to dump the man that got us here, while we are in first and have the best record in team history at this point in a season. Our talent level and upper level leadership are in a different place than years past to be sure as well. If you trust Daniels, and I do, I trust his judgement on our manager as well. He has made many more good decisions than bad (Francisco for Naploli, Teixeira, ect) and he knows more about Wash than any of us.

SHEEE-AAASTA...The Rangers are "struggling" and playing .500 baseball...really??? Half the teams in MLB don't even play .500 for the season and you're complaining about a 6 week stretch of .500 baseball? Looks like Wash "got this team playing well" again!

This ain't HS baseball where you play 2 district games a week. This is professional baseball!!!

SHEEE-AAASTA...The Rangers are "struggling" and playing .500 baseball...really??? Half the teams in MLB don't even play .500 for the season and you're complaining about a 6 week stretch of .500 baseball? Looks like Wash "got this team playing well" again!

This ain't HS baseball where you play 2 district games a week. This is professional baseball!!!

And professional baseball has only one goal....to win the World Series.....If you cant get it done, you make changes until you find the right mix to do that. I don't think that this is that time but it will happen if RW doesn't win the WS eventually!

It appears that it is very relevant.

Now go ahead and call me "sunshine pumper" or "genius". It validates my point when you resort to personal attacks.

No skippy, it actually wasn't relevant until people on this thread started calling names like "idiot", ect that was directed at me. So, don't give me that name calling garbage.

Obviously, unless you don't care, you either have a preconceived like or dislike for Ron Washington

Look people, I realize this is an uber-sensitive forum on Smoaky when it comes to the Rangers. Let me reiterate, I WANT the Rangers to win. I am disappointed as hell that we got beat last year by an inferior team(my opinion).

I put this topic up knowing that many of you would resort to acting like babies, and responding with "hey we're in first place man...blah, blah, blah..." Yes, thank you for that brilliant revelation. At the time I posted this topic the Rangers were playing like hammered dog poo. So, I wondered to myself what the Rangers brass might be thinking if this team didn't start playing up to its potential(ie..the most talented team in MLB). It was just a question for discussion. Obviously, the Rangers have picked it up since then and I THINK THAT IS GREAT. I hope they win the whole dang enchilada. If they don't, then that will be a disappointment. Second place is just not acceptable 3 years in a row when you have the most talented team in baseball.

It is sad that a dissenting opinion cannot be raised on this board, but apparently that is the case. I sincerely apologize to those who were offended by a topic that they never had to open in the first place. :blush:

DON'T GET UPSET - I honestly don't think ANYONE has a problem with you having a dissenting opinion ... but it works both ways: you have to be open to discourse from those who simply (not viciously) disagree with you, no?

I'm fine with that Cheapy, just have a problem with a couple on this thread calling the thread topic "stupid" and other posters "idiots", or remarks about being from Longview(not sure I get that one).

I just wanted to know if I was the only one disappointed in the Rangers so far this year, and if RW should be held accountable. I used the term "hot seat" not meaning that he should be canned right now....and I'm sure most everybody understood that. I said I thought his hiney ought to be getting a "little" warm and that I "hoped" it cooled off. What's the big deal with that. I want the Rangers to reach the reach the promised land(and win it). I just don't think RW can get that done....but I would love to be proven wrong.