Should Ron Washington be on the hot seat?

30 members have voted

1. 1. what say you?

• yes
    • no
    • not yet, but he better get the ship righted soon
    • never, he's the greatest manager evarrrr

I'm am going to take the "high road" & bite my lip on the hypocrisy of complaining about "name-calling" ["sunshine pumper" ; "Washington apologist" - not as strong as “idiot”, I realize, but implies lack of integrity] & move along to Baseball...

I don't become "disappointed" until the (MARATHON) season is OVER -- not make knee-jerk reactions simply because they played .500 Ball in May. The Rangers proverbial "window of opportunity" is still wide open - they will be good for at least the next 5-6 seasons. Good teams lose ... look at the 1990s-2000s Braves ... all that talent for so long & only ONE World Series title (YES, I realize that is one more than the Rangers - math was my best subject!) ... no one was calling for Bobby Cox's head, because you don't "start over" when your "direction arrow" is still pointing up. Ron Washington WILL get it done - he is the perfect manager for this group of talent. Management and the players are behind him - that is all I need to know.

'see you in October ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe I called the thread anything. I disagreed with you and in each response from you there has been some sort of personal jab. If you really want a topic discussed, be ready to be disagreed with. You have posted two pretty lengthy descriptions of this thread and your involvement, and have summarized it as you have been attacked and have no fault in the type of discourse that has occurred. If you cannot see you have contributed as much as anyone to the way the thread evolved, the trees are getting in the way. Anyway, I am back to enjoying the double plays, good day.

Define eventually...eventually every manager is fired.

Every team wins 54, loses 54...it's what they do with the other 54 that will decide their season. Firing Ron Washington if they lose in the World Series for a third straight season would be a typical knee-jerk football mentality decision.

Thankfully the people in charge are BASEBALL people.

Ron Washington has done what no other Ranger manager has done. He also has them playing well in the heat of the summertime when Ranger history shows they falter then. It would be a huge knee-jerk reaction to fire him for having great success and winning. Some people are never happy with success. To make it to the World Series is success.... whether you win or lose. People need to enjoy these times and quit looking for excuses to bash their local teams.

Define eventually...eventually every manager is fired.

Every team wins 54, loses 54...it's what they do with the other 54 that will decide their season. Firing Ron Washington if they lose in the World Series for a third straight season would be a typical knee-jerk football mentality decision.

Thankfully the people in charge are BASEBALL people.

Should we wait until the window of opportunity closes on this team? Sorry, but I disagree.

Cheapy, this thread started out just fine until some of you got all butthurt of RW being criticized....that is what happened. Go back and read page 1 and you will see legitimate discussion. It wasn't until page 2 that there were any problems. Take whatever road, I didn't start it.

I didn't start it.

If I wasn't so bored with the back-and-forth, I would direct you to one of your threads that WOULD NOT back up your claim - but this thread is EXHAUSTIVE.

Enough already from all involved (including myself)

-THREAD CLOSED-

(feel free to begin a new topic)