FNF Magazine

Red90fly

Where did you get your magazine?

I figure FNF is about 50% right on there rateings, but heck thats pretty good considering we're dealing with kids. Anyway the season will soon be upon us and all will get a second chance. I see in the future region 2 taking over as the dominate region because pf DFW. It has happened in the larger classifications but will move down to 3A and below. Melissa started the ball rolling last year

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think NB needs to be in the top 10 aswell.. Dont know why their not, but i figure they'll be there shortly after the pads atart popping!

If you all don't fix that defense you'll be lucky to win six games. Knowing the problems NB has on D, why would anyone ranked them? Haskins can only do so much and just like cville showed last year put a hat on him and he too shall fall, he's only human.

DCTF is and always will be the High School Magazine for High School Football. I've never been impressed with FNF. It has some useful info but nothing really that makes me go WOW!!!

What would you need to make you go "wow"?

If you all don't fix that defense you'll be lucky to win six games. Knowing the problems NB has on D, why would anyone ranked them? Haskins can only do so much and just like cville showed last year put a hat on him and he too shall fall, he's only human.

U still hung up on cvilles BIGGEST win in school history? And if u think NB only wins 6 games, u need to step away from the crack pipe!! Yes, NB needs to get that defense in-check, but they may have this year, we'll soon findout.. Nb will have more weapons than haskins, the new dual threat QB's gonna help 10 fold along with the returning starters on the Oline..

U still hung up on cvilles BIGGEST win in school history? And if u think NB only wins 6 games, u need to step away from the crack pipe!! Yes, NB needs to get that defense in-check, but they may have this year, we'll soon findout.. Nb will have more weapons than haskins, the new dual threat QB's gonna help 10 fold along with the returning starters on the Oline..

That wasn't a big win, we knew you all were overrated. Where was this dual threat a year ago? Clearly you all could have used him last year but that D was clearly a problem for the lions. At any rate good luck Kool Down. We'll give you the blueprint how to beat Dangerfield week three.

To much advertising. Trying to cater to the Metroplex areas for magazine sales. So less advertising. More articles and coverage of suburban kids throughout the State and I might go WOW!

How many articles would be good?

That wasn't a big win, we knew you all were overrated. Where was this dual threat a year ago? Clearly you all could have used him last year but that D was clearly a problem for the lions. At any rate good luck Kool Down. We'll give you the blueprint how to beat Dangerfield week three.

I wont comment on rhe QB situation from lastyear, but he was there, on the field.. And yes, it WAS a huge win for cville, call it overrated if u want to, whatever floats ur boat.. And u probably wanna step back on the "blue print" comment, I wouldnt be chalking up wins to great teams just yet!

How many articles would be good?

I care about East Texas Football. I don't care about Harlingen High School and their persuit for a State Championship. That article could have been written about every school in the state of Texas. I don't want to see things like the 2012 recruiting round up. If I want to see that I can go to Rivals, Scout, or any other recruiting site. Give me something I don't know or I can't find on Google. Then I will go WOW!

I care about East Texas Football. I don't care about Harlingen High School and their persuit for a State Championship. That article could have been written about every school in the state of Texas. I don't want to see things like the 2012 recruiting round up. If I want to see that I can go to Rivals, Scout, or any other recruiting site. Give me something I don't know or I can't find on Google. Then I will go WOW!

Simple solution then..

It takes alot of foot work to accomplish this feet. The breakdown on the teams is very good but DCTF does that also so it is somewhat redundant. There is no simple solution. It takes a massive amount of research. Calling coaches, players and visiting schools in the spring. I'm sure that is done in the Metroplex area's but the suburbs are left out.

I wont comment on rhe QB situation from lastyear, but he was there, on the field.. And yes, it WAS a huge win for cville, call it overrated if u want to, whatever floats ur boat.. And u probably wanna step back on the "blue print" comment, I wouldnt be chalking up wins to great teams just yet!

Nope I said it, I stand by it and I'll say it again, we ain't scared!

Side note: I do realize ain't is improper English but for the effect it sounds better. Lol!

It takes alot of foot work to accomplish this feet. The breakdown on the teams is very good but DCTF does that also so it is somewhat redundant. There is no simple solution. It takes a massive amount of research. Calling coaches, players and visiting schools in the spring. I'm sure that is done in the Metroplex area's but the suburbs are left out.

Try that with Prime Prep Academy and tell me how that goes. laugh.gif

You're never going to please everybody with the content of a magazine. There will be some things people like and some things they don't like. For instance, I like the recruiting information. I know you can get most of the information online, but the way it's laid out in the magazine is helpful. (by the way, DCTF has a similar recruiting section, so that criticism applies to THE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL MAGAZINE as well).

The feature articles in the FNF mag over the last few years have been pretty good I thought. Our own David Smoak contributed an article last season. Not everyone is going to care about a particular article, but some will. I bet the folks in Harlingen found the article on their ballclub interesting.

I buy DCTF every year. Have for a long time. Even though I contribute to the FNF mag, I still buy DCTF because it's a good magazine. But, to be honest, I don't read half of it. I don't care anything about the pro section, and very little about much of the college section. That leaves me with about half a magazine. I am a high school football fan. So, to me the FNF mag is fantastic. It gives me what I'm interested in.

It is not perfect by any stretch. Some of the information is outdated by the time the mag comes out. That's the nature of the beast. Coaches and players leave or transfer, etc. Some of the information is inaccurate. Again, that's the nature of the beast. Unless a coach provides the writers with the information, the writers are on their own and the previews are subject to the amount of research done. Mistakes will be made, it's inevitable.

Like I've said before, I believe the coverage of many of the smaller schools is better in FNF magazine than in DCTF, because DCTF focuses on the larger classifications to a great extent (and that's fine). But, that leaves just a few pages for the smaller classifications (which I am unapologetically biased towards). And, that is one area I believe FNF trumps DCTF.

On the whole, FNF is a good magazine, and it's good for Texas high school football. It's great for the kids. They work hard. Most will never play college football. It's nice to see your name in print and be recognized for your hard work. I hope people support the magazine for that reason, if for nothing else.