"Coming up next on SportsCenter..."

You mean you guys aren't on the edge of your seats wondering what Penn State will do with "the statue" or "the Dez Bryant" situation?

The only thing good I can say about ESPN right now is that the British Open is on from the time I wake up until after lunch.

ESPN is going to go with what's more popular and that is the NFL. I enjoy baseball but i am sure i am not alone when i say that once football season rolls around i could really care less about the MLB. Just my opinion

Enjoy the NFL while you can. I'll stop watching completely when they ban the three point stance for linemen, if the concussions lawsuit and the following liability doesn't shut the league down first.

ESPN is going to go with what's more popular and that is the NFL.

That is why the NFL Network exists. The "S" in ESPN supposedly stands for "SPORTS" ... popular or not, you can't convince me that rookies signing contracts and forecasting the 2012 NFL Season is MORE IMPORTANT than a sport that is "in season".

if the concussions lawsuit and the following liability doesn't shut the league down first.

If that happens, my life will continue unchanged - I will not even notice. The NFL has been dead to me for over 10 years...

You mean you guys aren't on the edge of your seats wondering what Penn State will do with "the statue" or "the Dez Bryant" situation?

The only thing good I can say about ESPN right now is that the British Open is on from the time I wake up until after lunch.

I will have to correct myself. They did the obligatory "live shot of the statue coming down" during the middle of the golf tournament. I'll go out on a limb and say that anybody watching a golf tournament before 8:00 am on a Sunday could give 2 poops about a freaking statue. Keep that crud on Sportscenter.

I no longer even watch ESPN unless the Rangers are playing on the network. For my sports news right now I go to MLB. Not a great network but at least they are focused. During football season I just keep track on the internet. ESPN is ridiculous and irrelevant.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched ESPN since moving over to DirecTV, except for the occasional baseball game. I get 90% of my baseball news from MLB Network and the rest from twitter. As a matter of fact, I get most of my news from twitter nowadays. I can learn of happenings within moments of taking place, hours ahead of tv getting a story to air. I learned of Obama being elected, Osama bin Laden being killed, the wildfires last year, the shooting in Colorado all from twitter. Basically every news story of the the past 3 years I probably found out before most because of the speed of Twitter. It's an amazing thing, albeit full of idiots and little kids.

I get most of my news from twitter nowadays. I can learn of happenings within moments of taking place, hours ahead of tv getting a story to air. I learned of Obama being elected, Osama bin Laden being killed, the wildfires last year, the shooting in Colorado all from twitter. Basically every news story of the the past 3 years I probably found out before most because of the speed of Twitter. It's an amazing thing, albeit full of idiots and little kids.

What's the hurry?

What's the hurry?

Not really in a hurry, it's just easier to get news from twitter without having to listen to ESPN blather on about Tebow or the Saints. Plus, twitter tends to be more accurate most of the time because the stories come straight from the person that first reports them.

That is why the NFL Network exists. The "S" in ESPN supposedly stands for "SPORTS" ... popular or not, you can't convince me that rookies signing contracts and forecasting the 2012 NFL Season is MORE IMPORTANT than a sport that is "in season".

If that happens, my life will continue unchanged - I will not even notice. The NFL has been dead to me for over 10 years...

I like baseball, but in Texas Football, at any level, will always take precedent over baseball. That's a fact you need to learn to live with. :P

in Texas Football, at any level, will always take precedent over baseball. That's a fact you need to learn to live with. :P

During the 10 years you have "known" me (cyberly), Kirt, I have never "learned to live" with that myth - and nothing will ever change! Baseball > football :D

We can debate Baseball (superior) vs. football (mere shell of a once-great sport) 'til the proverbial cows come home, but NO ONE can convince me that the NFL off-season (or training camp) deserves top priority over IN-SEASON Baseball.

We can debate Baseball (superior) vs. football (mere shell of a once-great sport) 'til the proverbial cows come home, but NO ONE can convince me that the NFL off-season (or training camp) deserves top priority over IN-SEASON Baseball.

+1000

• 4 weeks later...

Here is all ESPN talks about now these days... made me laugh a little bit to much I must say. LOL

394276_340786132680300_1536956151_n.jpg

Now dont get me wrong, I am a die hard football fan. But I love Baseball tons more and it ticks me off when we have tight MLB division races going on, and all they want to talk about is Tebow and the circus Jets when its not even NFL season yet.