Paul Pewitt

KeithStone

Having watched this group for a couple years, I can see them being faster top to bottom than last year's group, but I don't see any real burners on the field. As far as the fullback spot goes, Tim Hill is alot smaller than Goforth and Finley were, and has played as one of Sed's backups at tailback the last couple of years, so I'm willing to bet he'll be less of a bruiser than we're used to seeing at that position and more of a speed guy. Shouldn't mater much as long as he hits the hole and gets to the next level.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched this group for a couple years, I can see them being faster top to bottom than last year's group, but I don't see any real burners on the field. As far as the fullback spot goes, Tim Hill is alot smaller than Goforth and Finley were, and has played as one of Sed's backups at tailback the last couple of years, so I'm willing to bet he'll be less of a bruiser than we're used to seeing at that position and more of a speed guy. Shouldn't mater much as long as he hits the hole and gets to the next level.

I agree about Tim. I was just comparing his running style out of the Fullback position compared to the other younger options. Runners like Goforth don't come around often. Tim will be a lot like Bam in my opinion. With one big exception, I hope.

I wanted to see clarksville in person and try and see what the big deal is with this group......good looking bunch of athletes but not overly impressive. It will be a good game week 0 against Hughes springs.

QC looked good. Running back can go. As for pewitt..............................................................................................................enough said. Looks like a long season for da bulls especially with that preseason.

I wanted to see clarksville in person and try and see what the big deal is with this group......good looking bunch of athletes but not overly impressive. It will be a good game week 0 against Hughes springs.

QC looked good. Running back can go. As for pewitt..............................................................................................................enough said. Looks like a long season for da bulls especially with that preseason.

Dude we ran our base defense and very plain offense. Be glad when the HS game comes so we can show everyone we are for real.

Ding ding ding. I think he sees the light. Why are people finding hard to accept the idea that Cvlle program is on the rise? No offense to Pewitt, but we returned 9 starters on defense & 7 on offense from a team that beat several 2A play off teams. Kids have bought in to the weight program and its showing. Look for big things from the Tigers.

Clarksville's 1's against the 1's from PP and QC looked mighty good. Scored once against QC and 3 against PP. Moore had a pick 6 on D and the play was stopped. I believe Clarksville only gave up 5 first downs total with the 1's and two of those were by penalty. If Clarksville had a weakness it was the 2's on the 2's; those matchups were pretty well even and would indicate that depth could be a problem if Clarksville gets any of their front line guys hurt.

Best thing out of this scrimmage for the Tigers was the play of Hobbs at QB!!

Pewitt will get better, they just seem to be young and a little inexperienced to me

QC will surprise some folks

That's what I have always said, but after watching saturday, I'm not so sure. Might be a long year and it's a shame with all that speed we have.

What seems to be the biggest problems? Lack of experience? Lack of discipline? I thought the Pewitt program would be down some this year, but from your tone, it could be down a lot more than I thought.

Clarksville's 1's against the 1's from PP and QC looked mighty good. Scored once against QC and 3 against PP. Moore had a pick 6 on D and the play was stopped. I believe Clarksville only gave up 5 first downs total with the 1's and two of those were by penalty. If Clarksville had a weakness it was the 2's on the 2's; those matchups were pretty well even and would indicate that depth could be a problem if Clarksville gets any of their front line guys hurt.

Best thing out of this scrimmage for the Tigers was the play of Hobbs at QB!!

Pewitt will get better, they just seem to be young and a little inexperienced to me

QC will surprise some folks

Shhhh! Cooper faithful may be reading this thread.