Flex corn

Hayseed

I was at Academy sports this weekend and saw they have a new feed that is similar to Crepe feed,it comes in pellets. Its supposed to be more waterproof than corn and supply more nutrients and protein. It's $6.49 for a 32lb bag as opposed to $8.49 for a 40 lb bag of corn at the same store.

I was at Academy sports this weekend and saw they have a new feed that is similar to Crepe feed,it comes in pellets. Its supposed to be more waterproof than corn and supply more nutrients and protein. It's $6.49 for a 32lb bag as opposed to $8.49 for a 40 lb bag of corn at the same store.

That makes the flex corn $.20 a lb. and the corn $.21 a lb.

With the lack of rain we've been getting, that waterproof feed should do dang good. lol

But the rain chances should pick up during hunting season so that should come in handy.

How do they make it waterproof? Wax coating?

With the lack of rain we've been getting, that waterproof feed should do dang good. lol

But the rain chances should pick up during hunting season so that should come in handy.

How do they make it waterproof? Wax coating?

I think they just press it super- tight when they cook it up. I'm just guessing though.

I not trying to bust yalls #### too much, but geez this corn this is ridiculous. I was trying to explain to my buddy who wants to kill a deer with a bow and told him that the setup is key(besides proficiency with a bow of course). I explained how to properly set up a stand for concealment and proper proximity to a good trail/funnel, with NO feeder(gasp). He asked me, "you mean you just have to have one walk by you?" I laughed and slapped him on the back and said YES!!!! All these stupid wanna be hunting expert shows have you brainwashed to use feeders and "attractants". I told him all of that #### was unnecessary and a big waste of money. Hell in most states baiting deer is illegal. Moral of the story: ditch the corn and hunt like a real man.

I not trying to bust yalls #### too much, but geez this corn this is ridiculous. I was trying to explain to my buddy who wants to kill a deer with a bow and told him that the setup is key(besides proficiency with a bow of course). I explained how to properly set up a stand for concealment and proper proximity to a good trail/funnel, with NO feeder(gasp). He asked me, "you mean you just have to have one walk by you?" I laughed and slapped him on the back and said YES!!!! All these stupid wanna be hunting expert shows have you brainwashed to use feeders and "attractants". I told him all of that #### was unnecessary and a big waste of money. Hell in most states baiting deer is illegal. Moral of the story: ditch the corn and hunt like a real man.

I hunt trails and scrapes when hunting in the woods at my cousins place. However when i hunt at home, on 90 percent open farmland, i use 3 or four bags of corn during the whole season, when i can catch a deal on it. I also plant small food plots. This year i'm trying Rye grass,peas , turnips and clover.Sometimes i just plant peas and beans.I' m definatetly not giving anyone advice to do the same cause i'm in no way an expert .I started hunting in 2000 with no experience at all and have killed 14 deer, none bigger than a six point!

I hunt trails and scrapes when hunting in the woods at my cousins place. However when i hunt at home, on 90 percent open farmland, i use 3 or four bags of corn during the whole season, when i can catch a deal on it. I also plant small food plots. This year i'm trying Rye grass,peas , turnips and clover.Sometimes i just plant peas and beans.I' m definatetly not giving anyone advice to do the same cause i'm in no way an expert .I started hunting in 2000 with no experience at all and have killed 14 deer, none bigger than a six point!

Well it's been my experience that any really nice buck probably isn't going to feed during the day at a feeder anyway...a food plot is probably a much better choice. In face, a mature, smart buck is going to be wary of a feeder and avoid it. I would still hunt inside the tree line unless there are no woods on the property at all.

I only bowhunt anyway. I've killed a fair number with a gun, but it's just not that challenging....especially just lining one up in the scope that's sitting under a feeder. lame

Well it's been my experience that any really nice buck probably isn't going to feed during the day at a feeder anyway...a food plot is probably a much better choice. In face, a mature, smart buck is going to be wary of a feeder and avoid it. I would still hunt inside the tree line unless there are no woods on the property at all.

I only bowhunt anyway. I've killed a fair number with a gun, but it's just not that challenging....especially just lining one up in the scope that's sitting under a feeder. lame

Yep,i have enough cover to stay hid.