Whiteout in Whitehouse

thechosen1

Because we be more than glad to send y'all Daniel Dupree & school board!!!

Sorry.....we just wiped the board clean in Marshall to get some new young faces on the school board. It has made all the difference in the world.

I imagine the next election will bring even more change. All for the better like it has thus far.

Voters in WH who think this is a travesty can speak their mind with their vote.

MISD made one bad decision after another. People were angry. Scores were ridiculous. Strife everywhere.

Election.

New School board

New Supt

New life....

and there has never been more direction, purpose, and teamwork. It's a completely new world at MISD. And it happened in less than a year. Almost in 6 months.

Rock the Vote Whitehouse.

It's amazing what can happen when people finally get serious.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry.....we just wiped the board clean in Marshall to get some new young faces on the school board. It has made all the difference in the world.

I imagine the next election will bring even more change. All for the better like it has thus far.

Voters in WH who think this is a travesty can speak their mind with their vote.

MISD made one bad decision after another. People were angry. Scores were ridiculous. Strife everywhere.

Election.

New School board

New Supt

New life....

and there has never been more direction, purpose, and teamwork. It's a completely new world at MISD. And it happened in less than a year. Almost in 6 months.

Rock the Vote Whitehouse.

It's amazing what can happen when people finally get serious.

You are 100% correct, what's sad is one board member has been serving since 1996!!!

Has anyone thought that the "new direction" that the school board wants to go in is the direction past the 2nd round of the playoffs? The current staff has history of not getting past that round, and in the last 3 weeks were out coached on the field. At JT, out coached and lost, to a great team, but still out coached. Last week we should have lost, we were out coached and got lucky on a scoop n score. This week we score 56 points and get beat! This current staff has its limits, and anyone that has followed WH has seen those limits year after year.

I do not dislike any of the current coaches, my son has played under them for 6 years. He played his last high school game Friday, I have the upmost respect for everyone of the players, they left it all on the field every night, but I honestly feel that the staff did not.

I do hope who ever they bring in cares for the kids as much as Randy and staff did, these kids deserve it.

Has anyone thought that the "new direction" that the school board wants to go in is the direction past the 2nd round of the playoffs? The current staff has history of not getting past that round, and in the last 3 weeks were out coached on the field. At JT, out coached and lost, to a great team, but still out coached. Last week we should have lost, we were out coached and got lucky on a scoop n score. This week we score 56 points and get beat! This current staff has its limits, and anyone that has followed WH has seen those limits year after year.

I do not dislike any of the current coaches, my son has played under them for 6 years. He played his last high school game Friday, I have the upmost respect for everyone of the players, they left it all on the field every night, but I honestly feel that the staff did not.

I do hope who ever they bring in cares for the kids as much as Randy and staff did, these kids deserve it.

[/quote/]

I want our school board & superident to tell us this & quit hiding & tell us the truth & quit being gutless!!!

Hard to upgrade your staff when you only have one season. A coach, especially a top OC or DC is not going to leave their current position for a 1 season deal. If McFarlin had a 3 year deal then he would have some leverage to upgrade his staff.

I'm not sure about him being out coached. WH JT game wasn't supposed to be close but he had them ready to play. Same thing the next 2 weeks, they were ready. Winning especially in the playoffs takes more than skill and in the second round they all can play. Sometimes the match ups are favorable and other times they are not. I didn't agree with all the play calling, thought we should have ran the ball more, I also don't agree with the Defensive philosophy. But, with that being said I also have no desire to get my certification and throw my hat in the ring so I fully support their on field decisions (I don't have to agree to support)... Finally, I would sure hate for thousands of people to watch me do my job and then have to listen to their criticism about how I was under qualified. McFarlin and his current staff are great leaders, mentors, and teachers and I am proud to say they are Whitehouse.

Ok. Lets talk Whitehouse coach Randy Mcfarlin. He knows why his contract has not been renewed. If you think it is because of his record then you would be wrong. It has nothing to do with that.

1. Mcfarlin is a control freak.

2. Mcfarlin has shown insubordination to his superiors.

3. Mcfarlin has talked down to kids who wanted to quit football and go to other sports.

4. Mcfarlin was the reason for Wally Dawkins dismissal.

5. Mcfarlin is not liked by his own coaching staff.

6. Mcfarlin has run the Whitehouse defense for the past 2 years. (They have been terrible)

7. Mcfarlin has not attended any FCA meetings and only 1 football team prayer breakfast for the wildcats this season. Yet he claims to be here for the kids.

8. Mcfarlin points the finger at everyone but himself.

9. Mcfarlin was a distraction to the team this season and last.

10. Mcfarlin is a glory hound.

I'm tired of hearing keep Mcfarlin. It is time for him to move on and go to bigger and better things. The only reason someone would want to fight for a job where his superiors do not want him is because of pride. I watched the big rally that took place at the park. There were a handful of people there. I did not see one of his coaches. I am tired of hearing about Mcfarlin. He took another season away from kids that deserved recognition because of his selfishness. Last year it was him coming back from his wreck. This year it was about keeping his job. He loves the media attention.

This was a water down record breaking season. Whitehouse beat 1 quality team and that was Ennis. The rest were not very good. The only team that is still in the playoffs that Whitehouse beat is 3A Carthage. The rest lost in the 1st round or did not make the playoffs at all.

Last years team lost to two 4A simi-finalists (John Tyler, Corsicana), two 4A quarter-finalists (Sherman, Kilgore), 1 bi-district champion (Sulphur Springs) and a 3A state Champion (Chapel Hill).

Mcfarlin didn't coach better this year. They played weaker opponents.

Whitehouse athletics is bigger than 1 man. It is something that a whole coaching staff has developed over the years not just one man. I have listened to Mcfarlin's interview over the years and I have not heard him give credit to any of his coaches.

So for you that think going to a board meeting is going to change anything you are wasting your time. You don't know the facts and you don't need to know them. You elect board members to do their job. If you don't like the job they are doing then vote differently when elections come around.

Ok. Lets talk Whitehouse coach Randy Mcfarlin. He knows why his contract has not been renewed. If you think it is because of his record then you would be wrong. It has nothing to do with that.

3. Mcfarlin has talked down to kids who wanted to quit football and go to other sports.

6. Mcfarlin has run the Whitehouse defense for the past 2 years. (They have been terrible)

7. Mcfarlin has not attended any FCA meetings and only 1 football team prayer breakfast for the wildcats this season. Yet he claims to be here for the kids.

I'm tired of hearing keep Mcfarlin. It is time for him to move on and go to bigger and better things. The only reason someone would want to fight for a job where his superiors do not want him is because of pride. I watched the big rally that took place at the park. There were a handful of people there. I did not see one of his coaches. I am tired of hearing about Mcfarlin. He took another season away from kids that deserved recognition because of his selfishness. Last year it was him coming back from his wreck. This year it was about keeping his job. He loves the media attention.

This was a water down record breaking season. Whitehouse beat 1 quality team and that was Ennis. The rest were not very good. The only team that is still in the playoffs that Whitehouse beat is 3A Carthage. The rest lost in the 1st round or did not make the playoffs at all.

Last years team lost to two 4A simi-finalists (John Tyler, Corsicana), two 4A quarter-finalists (Sherman, Kilgore), 1 bi-district champion (Sulphur Springs) and a 3A state Champion (Chapel Hill).

Whitehouse athletics is bigger than 1 man. It is something that a whole coaching staff has developed over the years not just one man. I have listened to Mcfarlin's interview over the years and I have not heard him give credit to any of his coaches.

So for you that think going to a board meeting is going to change anything you are wasting your time. You don't know the facts and you don't need to know them. You elect board members to do their job. If you don't like the job they are doing then vote differently when elections come around.

Congrats Whitehouse Wildcats!!!!!!!

That's amazing that you say he's the reason the defense was bad but when he was in MP he was a defensive coordinator and they never gave up very many points and rode the d to state semis. he was in daingerfield and ran that defense and got to that state championship game with his defense.

Since you know so much, enlighten us. All we want are answers.

1. How is he a control freak?

2. How has he shown insubordination?

3. Who did he talk down to?

4. How did he get Dawkins dismissed?

5. Not liked by his own coaching staff, I happen to know for a fact this is false.

6. McFarlin lets his coordinators coach, he did not run the defense.

7. Didn't know he was required to attend FCA meetings and breakfast, perhaps he was preparing game plans.

8. Who has he pointed the finger at? What was it in reference to?

9. How was he a distraction?

10. Glory Hound? All I've heard is him giving credit to the kids.

Sounds to me like your the one that doesn't know the facts.

1. How is he a control freak? He doesn't take advise. He is always right. He will do exactly the opposite if you tell him not to do something.

2. How has he shown insubordination? He has not followed direct orders on numerous occasions. The details are above your pay grade.

3. Who did he talk down to? If you don't know then you are not that involved in the program and should not be posting on here defending him.

4. How did he get Dawkins dismissed? Really!!!

5. Not liked by his own coaching staff, I happen to know for a fact this is false. Again you don't know much. I happen to know for a fact that this is true.

6. McFarlin lets his coordinators coach, he did not run the defense. Mcfarlin coached the defense. Shields holds the title.

7. Didn't know he was required to attend FCA meetings and breakfast, perhaps he was preparing game plans. He is not required. The breakfast is on friday mornings. If he doesn't have his game plan ready by then I think there is a problem.

8. Who has he pointed the finger at? What was it in reference to? He has pointed his finger at the board. He has acted like he has no idea why he wouldn't have his contract renewed.

9. How was he a distraction? He has taken away from the kids by using up their time in the spot light. His agenda overshadowed the team.

10. Glory Hound? All I've heard is him giving credit to the kids. He doesn't give credit to his peers. I have never heard him talk about his coaching staff.

Sounds to me like your the one that doesn't know the facts. Sounds to me you are not in the know.

This is all in the past. Mcfarlin is no longer working at Whitehouse. His contract will not be renewed. You are wasting your time. You are obviously clueless as much of the media on what has gone on over the years at Whitehouse high school.

1. How is he a control freak? He doesn't take advise. He is always right. He will do exactly the opposite if you tell him not to do something.

2. How has he shown insubordination? He has not followed direct orders on numerous occasions. The details are above your pay grade.

3. Who did he talk down to? If you don't know then you are not that involved in the program and should not be posting on here defending him.

5. Not liked by his own coaching staff, I happen to know for a fact this is false. Again you don't know much. I happen to know for a fact that this is true.

6. McFarlin lets his coordinators coach, he did not run the defense. Mcfarlin coached the defense. Shields holds the title.

7. Didn't know he was required to attend FCA meetings and breakfast, perhaps he was preparing game plans. He is not required. The breakfast is on friday mornings. If he doesn't have his game plan ready by then I think there is a problem.

8. Who has he pointed the finger at? What was it in reference to? He has pointed his finger at the board. He has acted like he has no idea why he wouldn't have his contract renewed.

9. How was he a distraction? He has taken away from the kids by using up their time in the spot light. His agenda overshadowed the team.

10. Glory Hound? All I've heard is him giving credit to the kids. He doesn't give credit to his peers. I have never heard him talk about his coaching staff.

Sounds to me like your the one that doesn't know the facts. Sounds to me you are not in the know.

This is all in the past. Mcfarlin is no longer working at Whitehouse. His contract will not be renewed. You are wasting your time. You are obviously clueless as much of the media on what has gone on over the years at Whitehouse high school.

No need to get all wound up. As a taxpayer with a dog in the hunt, I feel like I have a right to know what is really going on, maybe the wool was pulled over my eyes. Still just getting generic answers though. I don't know McFarlin personally but I do know several coaches, past and present, very well and have spoken to them about it and two and two is just not adding up.

No need to get all wound up. As a taxpayer with a dog in the hunt, I feel like I have a right to know what is really going on, maybe the wool was pulled over my eyes. Still just getting generic answers though. I don't know McFarlin personally but I do know several coaches, past and present, very well and have spoken to them about it and two and two is just not adding up.

+1

The venom and lack of detail really make it hard to buy in.

Also maybe it was just me, but the "above the pay grade" comment really went all over me. Who the hell does he think pays for all this???

Foosball, this rant is not directed at you, but others who have posted before you:

Mr. Natural sounds like another dad with an agenda or who's little boy didn't get the playing he "thought" he deserved, or who's kid was lazy and could have contributed to the football team, but instead decided to play baseball or some other wussy sport and was given a hard time for it. People like Mr. Natural, and the other yahoo on here talking about them getting out-coached have no idea what they're talking about no matter how close to the situation they say or believe they are. Out-coached and out-athleted are two different things. John Tyler has more athletes than Whitehouse...period. If you have better athletes than your opponent it makes you look like a coaching savant. I watch two games with weekend where teams that were undefeated coming in were beating handily by their opponents. Not because they were out-coached (although I'm sure there are some idiot parents there too who believe they were), but were simply out-manned. The first team was very simplistic in their schemes, but let they're athletes make plays. The second team was just better than how they played. Not to mention one of the teams that lost made mistakes in the kicking game that cost them. Some people forget that these are 16-17 year kids, and they do some dumb things on the field their coaches have no control over. I wonder how some of you would handle dealing with that fact that your job security is based off the performance of a 16-17 year old who's only hoping to impress the head cheerleader so he can make it to second base. Coaching is a great profession, but idiot parents who have an agenda or think they know it all make it difficult. Coaches work more hours and spend more time away from their families because they love the game and care about the kids they coach. Most of you have no idea what all that encompasses, but how about the fact when things aren't going well at home the kids turn to their coaches for advice, not their idiot parents. I would invite any of you "know-it-alls" to sit up in the stands with me during the playoffs and explain to me what each team is doing offensively, defensively, and on special teams. I'd bet the farm your wrong 95% of the time, while I'm right 95% of the time. You people that hide behind a screen name and bash coaches need to take a hard look at yourselves. These people spend 4-5 months away from their families to do something they love. I doubt any of you would do that. Peace out.

This sounds like a bunch of ####. What was Whitehouse's record before Mcfarlin vs. after Mcfarlin.

Most if not all good Coaches have an ego. Whitehouse doesn't have close to the same talent pool

that JT has, but gave them all they wanted. This Coach has maximized the talent that he has to

work with. Be careful what you ask for, because Whithehouse has marginal 4a talent and you have

a Coach that has you competing with the best teams in the State.

+1

The venom and lack of detail really make it hard to buy in.

Also maybe it was just me, but the "above the pay grade" comment really went all over me. Who the hell does he think pays for all this???

+2.

Plus kids that don't like there coaches don't only lose 2 games for the yr. The kids obviously were playing for the coaches.

Mr. Natural sounds like another dad with an agenda or who's little boy didn't get the playing he "thought" he deserved, or who's kid was lazy and could have contributed to the football team

Was my first thought. Dead on most likely.

This sounds like a bunch of ####. What was Whitehouse's record before Mcfarlin vs. after Mcfarlin.

Most if not all good Coaches have an ego. Whitehouse doesn't have close to the same talent pool

that JT has, but gave them all they wanted. This Coach has maximized the talent that he has to

work with. Be careful what you ask for, because Whithehouse has marginal 4a talent and you have

a Coach that has you competing with the best teams in the State.

Why gamble with the kids success...are not the boats close enough ?

I love just because I have an opinion that differs from yalls I must be a dad. If what I have said was not the truth wouldn't Mcfarlin still have a job? See I know why he was not renewed. I gave you why. I did not give you details. He has a winning record so that's not why. It goes deeper. Mcfarlin allows the media to see and hear what he wants them to see and hear. If the words he said to Bryan Houston were the truth then he would still be employed. It would have been nice if he would have worked as hard doing his job as he did trying to keep his job. Whitehouse is now going in a different direction. I suppose if you do not like it then you should find another place to live. Mcfalin has never been about the kids. Mcfarlin has always been about Mcfarlin.

I love just because I have an opinion that differs from yalls I must be a dad. If what I have said was not the truth wouldn't Mcfarlin still have a job? See I know why he was not renewed. I gave you why. I did not give you details. He has a winning record so that's not why. It goes deeper. Mcfarlin allows the media to see and hear what he wants them to see and hear. If the words he said to Bryan Houston were the truth then he would still be employed. It would have been nice if he would have worked as hard doing his job as he did trying to keep his job. Whitehouse is now going in a different direction. I suppose if you do not like it then you should find another place to live. Mcfalin has never been about the kids. Mcfarlin has always been about Mcfarlin.

I bet you would like it if a lot of people found another place to live.

How is he about himself ?? All I have heard him say is it is about the kids, prove where he is about himself!! Also media follows drama and WH created the drama by fireing him before the season, if they would have waited until his contract ran out, it would not have gotten this big