Whiteout in Whitehouse

thechosen1

"When it was first announced we had a motto, 'Do it for McFarlin' for a few weeks," said Whitehouse junior Isaiah Burton. "Then Coach said not to worry about him. Worry about us and the season and getting to state."

McFarlin says he came back for his players.

I can prove he for the kids!!!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love just because I have an opinion that differs from yalls I must be a dad. If what I have said was not the truth wouldn't Mcfarlin still have a job? See I know why he was not renewed. I gave you why. I did not give you details. He has a winning record so that's not why. It goes deeper. Mcfarlin allows the media to see and hear what he wants them to see and hear. If the words he said to Bryan Houston were the truth then he would still be employed. It would have been nice if he would have worked as hard doing his job as he did trying to keep his job. Whitehouse is now going in a different direction. I suppose if you do not like it then you should find another place to live. Mcfalin has never been about the kids. Mcfarlin has always been about Mcfarlin.

What you are is someone with an agenda. When it comes down to it you KNOW NOTHING about high school athletics and how they are run. You get on here and badmouth coaches behind a screen name when I doubt you have the stones to say any of these things to a man's face. I don't know any of the details surrounding Whitehouse, but I do know a few coaches there or that have been there. Not only will McFarlin be looking for a job, but many of the coaches on his staff will be as well. Fair or not that's the way this business works. People like you are the reason why sports are going down the toilet. You want instant gratification because you don't know how to get it in your real life, and have no idea how real success is achieved. Deuces.

Most of the time, if you look at both sides, the truth is somewhere in the middle. If I remember correctly, he was not removed from the Head Coach position, but rather the athletic director. So I would imagine the problem is somewhere on the administration side of things and not the on the field part. McFarlin has done an awesome job turning arount the whole mind set of whitehouse football, and for that he should be commended.

The Rollling Stones once said.......

You can't always get what you want

But if you try sometimes well you might find

You get what you need

Gosh...this is a mess. lol.

Congrats to Coach Mcfarlin, the coaching staff, and the players on a great season. Hopefully Whitehouse can find someone to follow in Mcfarlin's footsteps, because they damn sure won't be able to fill them!

Congrats to Coach Mcfarlin, the coaching staff, and the players on a great season. Hopefully Whitehouse can find someone to follow in Mcfarlin's footsteps, because they damn sure won't be able to fill them!

I don't think our superident & board are smart enough to hire a another coach to fill Coach McFarlin's shoes!!!!

I think they will be looking for a "YES" man. What coach would want to come to Whitehouse after all this?

MRNATURAL---

What does being a CPA, or Munchie owner, or Lawyer, or Pharmaceutical dealer have to do with being able to hire a football coach? Being intelligent does not make you smart when it comes to hiring football coaches. None of those Professions (except the Board President) are qualified to hire a football coach.

For that matter, it is not the job of the board to hire or fire the Football coach, a principal, a teacher, or even a janitor!!!! That is the supts job! They should just make sure that policies are followed and finances are used correctly. Leave the hiring and firing to the Professionals!!!!

Whitehouse will have no problem finding a very good coach. In fact, they will have their choice of several very good coaches. Coaches applying for the job will know the truth.

The truth is that Whithoues is a great community and has a great school district. They also are set up to be successful for several more years. They should be very good next year.

No doubt that McFarlin has done a great Job turning the program around the last few years. But he has made way too many enemies within the school district to continue working there.

I find it interesting that he has so much support now. Where was the support last spring when he got reassigned? Where was the support this summer at the rally and at the white out football game? Why now is everyone up in arms?

Whitehouse will have no problem finding a very good coach. In fact, they will have their choice of several very good coaches. Coaches applying for the job will know the truth.

The truth is that Whithoues is a great community and has a great school district. They also are set up to be successful for several more years. They should be very good next year.

No doubt that McFarlin has done a great Job turning the program around the last few years. But he has made way too many enemies within the school district to continue working there.

I find it interesting that he has so much support now. Where was the support last spring when he got reassigned? Where was the support this summer at the rally and at the white out football game? Why now is everyone up in arms?

I think there is a misinterpretation. The problem is not that McFarlin is leaving, the problem is why. When questions are asked everyone gets defensive and starts spouting that he was stepping on toes, made the wrong person mad etc etc. We just want to know the truth. If that is the reason then somebody needs to put on their big boy pants and get over it, I have a hard time believing that would be a fireable offense. Then you have those that are full of venom, claiming to know everything, calling the man a liar and degrading him all over the place. Again, grow up and quit name calling and if you do know it all as you claim tell the truth as to why he was let go. There is a lot of speculation going on that certain people didn't like that lil Johnny or lil Johnny's best friend weren't playing and that is the real reason he was cut loose. I honestly don't know, but I sure as **** know that I don't want my son playing for a program that is not going to put the best on the field, whether he's one of them or not. All we know for sure is that McFarlin is gone and a handful of people got their way. With that being said, I think we should just all move forward and focus on what is now BEST for WHISD.

MRNATURAL---

What does being a CPA, or Munchie owner, or Lawyer, or Pharmaceutical dealer have to do with being able to hire a football coach? Being intelligent does not make you smart when it comes to hiring football coaches. None of those Professions (except the Board President) are qualified to hire a football coach.

For that matter, it is not the job of the board to hire or fire the Football coach, a principal, a teacher, or even a janitor!!!! That is the supts job! They should just make sure that policies are followed and finances are used correctly. Leave the hiring and firing to the Professionals!!!!

I'm sorry you are exactly right. Intelligents has nothing to do with coaching or hiring a coach.

What does being a history teacher or science teacher have to do with being a coach?

I know you would much rather have the janitor and lunch ladies hiring or evaluating the resumes coming in.

Intelligent people make intelligent decisions. Dumb people make dumb deisions. It is pretty simple.

School Board President

Dr. Howard Patterson -

Vice President

Kevin Cashion -

Secretary

Patrick Moran -

Greg Hood -

Wade Weathers -

I'm pretty sure those men are intelligent enough to hire a football coach.

What about Primo & Crymes they are school board members to?

School Board President

Dr. Howard Patterson -

Vice President

Kevin Cashion -

Secretary

Patrick Moran -

Greg Hood -

Wade Weathers -

I'm pretty sure those men are intelligent enough to hire a football coach.

How about scout leaders and cover ups after they have abused kids ? It takes intelligent input not just fancy titles to avoid such.