Joaquin Football 2012

GreezyChef

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the scores, or who claims to have won or lost in these early scrimmages. Both teams are going to be looking at a lot of players and learning new things. This isn't a late season "must win" type of situation. Hopefully both teams will come away better prepared for the upcoming season and no one gets seriously injured.

The score doesn't mean a thing here. This isn't much more than two teams practicing together. Its basically a chance to hit someone other than your teammates. Should be a good test for both teams.

All I wanna see is, get your head in front and wrap up.

GET YOUR HEAD IN FRONT AND WRAP UP!! EVERY DANG TIME!!!

joaquin done very well at the scrimmage. held their own all the way. they do need to improve their pass defence but as the season go s on they will get better. was glad to see that there were a lot of joaquinites there. more of us than them.

That is correct bigdav! Joaquin/ EF/ WO at The Hive. I think JV will start at 5:00 pm.

Well if you guys want anything to eat you better bring it with you, cause I think the concession stand will only be open for drinks, chips, and candy. Hopefully I'm wrong, cause three teams takes awhile to get done, I may have to stock up at the General Store before the game!

Garrison 1's - 1 / 2's- 1

Joaquin 1's- 2 / 2's - 0

Joaquin JV 2

Garrison 0

Garrison looked good throwing the ball and our run defense looked good. Our pass defense has got to learn their coverages and assignments and then we'll be fine. New positions for DB's. Both teams looked good but I was

more impressed by our OL/DL play. Garrison had really good-looking linemen as usual

do we have a score on the scrimmage?

The scrimmage was shortened due to lightning, so neither team was able to get in all the work they wanted to. It was scheduled for each team to get to sets of 15 offensive plays, but the lightning happened right as Joaquin was wrapping up their first offensive set. They scored twice, both on long runs by Hairgrove (60 & 63 yds). After the storm blew in, the coaches decided to do one offensive posession for Garrison. They scored on a long pass play. Then they did two red zone posessions each. Garrison (I believe their second offense) scored on a 25 yd pass against Joaquin's second D. Neither first offense scored. Overall, each team found the endzone twice. Joaquin's JV scored twice, Garrison's did not score.

How was garrison looking?

The earth shook a little bit when they lined up in the spread, but they looked pretty good throwing the football. Both of their scores came on pass plays. They had a little trouble stopping Joaquin's running game. Part of it was our blocking, part of it was a little sloppy tackling on their part. They should be pretty solid.

How was garrison looking?

They were really working the jailbreaks, tried a little bit of boots as well. their qb looked VERY composed under pressure. Never really went too far down field with the ball. Both scores came on blown coverage. Looked like the qb CAN find the open man.

On defense they had no clue how to stop the sweep. Both of Joes scores came from sweeping #13. NO OUTSIDE CONTAIN. Joe completed passes but the coverage was always right there. They can cover.

If you play Garrison right now, I think they would struggle stopping the run but they would be able to defend the pass quite well. On Offense they really look comfy in the passing game.....i never really saw what they could do running the ball....but being Garrison, they got a running back or 3 hiding somewhere.

They were really working the jailbreaks, tried a little bit of boots as well. their qb looked VERY composed under pressure. Never really went too far down field with the ball. Both scores came on blown coverage. Looked like the qb CAN find the open man.

On defense they had no clue how to stop the sweep. Both of Joes scores came from sweeping #13. NO OUTSIDE CONTAIN. Joe completed passes but the coverage was always right there. They can cover.

If you play Garrison right now, I think they would struggle stopping the run but they would be able to defend the pass quite well. On Offense they really look comfy in the passing game.....i never really saw what they could do running the ball....but being Garrison, they got a running back or 3 hiding somewhere.

yeah and it seems that joaquin is just the opposite. stop the run and cant defend the pass to well. but i think as the season goes on they will get better at least i hope so

yeah and it seems that joaquin is just the opposite. stop the run and cant defend the pass to well. but i think as the season goes on they will get better at least i hope so

#4 will get it. kid looks very physically gifted just needs to tune up the mentals aspects.

My only complaint about Joaquin is they won't wrap up. Coach was screamin it at one point. WRAP UP!!! my gosh they teach you that in peewee.

I was SOOO harsh on McCann last year but you know...he can't make the tackles for them.

Put your head in front and wrap up...its easy.

#4 will get it. kid looks very physically gifted just needs to tune up the mentals aspects.

My only complaint about Joaquin is they won't wrap up. Coach was screamin it at one point. WRAP UP!!! my gosh they teach you that in peewee.

I was SOOO harsh on McCann last year but you know...he can't make the tackles for them.

Put your head in front and wrap up...its easy.

as long as u grb something instead of just giving it a bump its easy. but if u do the bunp and run then not so much. still i would like to see more grabbing and holding on.