Joaquin Football 2012

GreezyChef

They were really working the jailbreaks, tried a little bit of boots as well. their qb looked VERY composed under pressure. Never really went too far down field with the ball. Both scores came on blown coverage. Looked like the qb CAN find the open man.

On defense they had no clue how to stop the sweep. Both of Joes scores came from sweeping #13. NO OUTSIDE CONTAIN. Joe completed passes but the coverage was always right there. They can cover.

If you play Garrison right now, I think they would struggle stopping the run but they would be able to defend the pass quite well. On Offense they really look comfy in the passing game.....i never really saw what they could do running the ball....but being Garrison, they got a running back or 3 hiding somewhere.

I have said all along the key for Garrison will be replacing the D-line to stop the run. Joaquin did a good job of executing and blocking to get the corner on the Bulldogs on a couple of big plays. With it being a scrimmage they were rotating various fronts in to get them some reps and allow breathers for others. The personnel is there, the staff is just got to bite the bullet and realize some of these better players will have to play both ways to put their best 11 on the field. Joaquin will be competative in their new district, if their personnel learns to make their reads in the secondary. Teams like Carlisle and Big Sandy will try to exploit these areas early and often. Both teams should have learned plenty of things to work on for next week and weeks to come. Roll On Dogs!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said all along the key for Garrison will be replacing the D-line to stop the run. Joaquin did a good job of executing and blocking to get the corner on the Bulldogs on a couple of big plays. With it being a scrimmage they were rotating various fronts in to get them some reps and allow breathers for others. The personnel is there, the staff is just got to bite the bullet and realize some of these better players will have to play both ways to put their best 11 on the field. Joaquin will be competative in their new district, if their personnel learns to make their reads in the secondary. Teams like Carlisle and Big Sandy will try to exploit these areas early and often. Both teams should have learned plenty of things to work on for next week and weeks to come. Roll On Dogs!

i think both teams will be alright when the season starts. we will know more next week when we have the three way with wo and ef i here they both will be pretty tough. the only thing io hope is no one getshurt. one key playerhurt could ruin a season. but more than that i just dont want anyone to get hurt. i know i will pray all this week for the boys from all 3 schools to come home unharmed.

Im goin Thursday. Bringin Uncle Grumpy. Should be fun. I havent gotten to see EF in forever.

geez greezy u gonna hurt our feelings we thought u couldnt wait to see us play. by us i mean all those 15 to 18 year olds. im afraid they would laugh at me if i even looked like i wanted to toss the ball around in the yard let alone on the field.

People of Joaquin: Please be patient, its going to work. And when it finally starts clicking, it is going to be very hard to stop! Just be patient and support your team and coaches.

I agree, saw a lot of good stuff from Joaquin, they matched up better against WO's D than they did EF's IMO. They have some big, physical players for sure. Good luck to all the teams tonight, it was a very good scrimmage!

Come on over Greezy. I hear the drive to EF is nicer than the one to Lovelady!

hey true how didthe scrimmage go i didnt get to go and all i got from the boys is they done ok and that wo is small this year and ef is fast give me a run down please.

hey true how didthe scrimmage go i didnt get to go and all i got from the boys is they done ok and that wo is small this year and ef is fast give me a run down please.

Not sure about the WO being small part. Their receivers are bigger than most of our linemen. We held our own, even though we didn't score. The plays were scripted all the way through, regardless of down and distance, we ran the play that was on the script. Rodgers looked especially good running between the tackles against White Oak's 1st D (you might want to pick up a Light and Champion tomorrow, a little birdie told me there might be a some good pics in it.) There is also a rundown of the scrimmage on Smoaky's blog. I think we present some unique challenges to our opponents. We are giving them a lot to prepare for.

Not sure about the WO being small part. Their receivers are bigger than most of our linemen. We held our own, even though we didn't score. The plays were scripted all the way through, regardless of down and distance, we ran the play that was on the script. Rodgers looked especially good running between the tackles against White Oak's 1st D (you might want to pick up a Light and Champion tomorrow, a little birdie told me there might be a some good pics in it.) There is also a rundown of the scrimmage on Smoaky's blog. I think we present some unique challenges to our opponents. We are giving them a lot to prepare for.

thanks for the info ill try to get a paper

Im goin Thursday. Bringin Uncle Grumpy. Should be fun. I havent gotten to see EF in forever.

well what did u think of the stadium. i did not get to go i was at the hosjpital with my wife she was having knee surgery. came thru it just fine. she will need a little rehab but will be fine

People of Joaquin: Please be patient, its going to work. And when it finally starts clicking, it is going to be very hard to stop! Just be patient and support your team and coaches.

dont u know by now that we are fanatical about our team as u r with urs. we always support out boys and our coaches. see u friday and lets pray for no serious injurys to any of the boys .

Mr. Isaac could have an impact on the game if we get the kind of rain they are saying. I think a sloppy field definitely helps our cause. Maybe we should just turn on the sprinklers now!

we would all be at home on a sloppy field it would be just like my drive way.

Mr. Isaac could have an impact on the game if we get the kind of rain they are saying. I think a sloppy field definitely helps our cause. Maybe we should just turn on the sprinklers now!

I think Tenaha can def. run the ball downhill. I see little to no advantage here

Enjoyed our scrimmage last night. Great effort to the Rams! Give them hell this year boys!

thanks for the kind words and the boys will bring it every friday night. they are some good boys that aint afraid to get in there and mix it up. they would run thru a brick wall for coach gandy.

Well come on down Friday night! Should be a much better game than watching Dfield beat up on Gladewater.

yeah i think hes picking tenaha because both r tigers. altho i think the blue isprettier than the moron i mean the moroonof tenaha

yeah i think hes picking tenaha because both r tigers. altho i think the blue isprettier than the moron i mean the moroonof tenaha

I think Teneha is good to but the Rams have more running backs and blockers.